in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-12-2009 11:43 AM by Quim43. 387 replies.
Page 6 of 16 (388 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-28-2008 6:50 AM In reply to

Re: BV7 40 MKIII / SW 4.24 problem

moxxey:
    [

I think 355f means that the dealer takes (approx) 40% and the other 60% of the TV cost is made to B&O - the cost of buying a BV7-40 from B&O, by the dealer.

40% !!

I wish.........

Bang & Olufsen of King Street - Manchester,UK. SKYPE - beokingstreet

• 08-28-2008 7:26 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

KingStreet:
    moxxey:
    [

I think 355f means that the dealer takes (approx) 40% and the other 60% of the TV cost is made to B&O - the cost of buying a BV7-40 from B&O, by the dealer.

40% !!

I wish.........

That's why I said 'approx'!! Mind you, I did accidentally see the cost price spreadsheet for B&O dealers and that mark-up was as much as 40%, for certain products, for sure.

• 08-28-2008 7:34 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

It's no way near that. Wink

Weekly top artists:                   

• 08-28-2008 11:15 AM In reply to

I very much doubt the "cost prices" youmay have seen will have included VAT, whereas the sales price you pay of course does
  • 08-28-2008 1:47 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

rednik:
    I very much doubt the "cost prices" youmay have seen will have included VAT, whereas the sales price you pay of course does

Of course, as a company to company EU-based sale will exclude VAT, if they are both VAT registered.

Anyway, if a dealer isn't making 'anyway near 40%', the point 355f was making is simply more valid. B&O make a hefty % from your BV7-40 purchase.

• 08-29-2008 12:58 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

MartinW:

I've got a Mk3 BV7-40 which was recently updated to software 4.24.

I have also experienced the TV switching off - about 3 times since the update 2 months ago, so not a massive problem for me but obviously now I know I am not the only one it needs sorting out in time.  (I wouldn't want anyone cutting their holidays short though - that's just mean!)

I have always had the scart and HDMI connected from my Sky HD box, as you can't send a HDMI signal around the link rooms - you need the scart for this.  Same reason my PS3 won't go around the link rooms unless I switch it to scart connection on the PS3 itself.  The Sky box seems perfectly able to output HDMI and Scart at the same time. 

My Sky HD box has always been temperamental since the day it arrived, but I put that down to the fact that it is new technology and the early models always have a few bugs.  Indeed, it has been getting better as Sky release software updates for it.  It crashed completely once and I couldn't get it back on - I rang Sky who talked me through a software update download and now it works much better.  In fact, thinking about it is has probably had to be restarted only twice in the past 6 months, which - given that it is basically a computer - I consider to be an excellent track record!!  Prior to the Sky software update, crashing 5-6 times a week was not uncommon.

I watched my first Blu-Ray movie last week and noticed the tearing of the picture - I thought this was a poor DVD from Blockbuster but maybe I was wrong.  Won't know until I watch some other I guess!

There's no way B&O make 60% profit from the £9000 you pay for a BV7.  Even the dealer margins are a small fraction of that - I used to work there!

Look in te B&O accounts to confirm the GP on products. If one adds the component prices and the screen it is in fact  alot more than 60%

• 08-29-2008 1:00 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

KingStreet:
    moxxey:
    [

40% !!

I wish.........

the dealer gets roughly 25/30% depending on its sales volumes. The 60% figure relates to the gross margin than B&O as a company makes

My only point being that this is way in excess of any normal audio visual manufacturer- so B&O should at least get it right if they want to charge this kind of money for a product.

Obviously B&O charge what the market will bear.

• 08-29-2008 1:44 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

MartinW:

I've got a Mk3 BV7-40 which was recently updated to software 4.24.

I have also experienced the TV switching off - about 3 times since the update 2 months ago, so not a massive problem for me but obviously now I know I am not the only one it needs sorting out in time.  (I wouldn't want anyone cutting their holidays short though - that's just mean!)

I have always had the scart and HDMI connected from my Sky HD box, as you can't send a HDMI signal around the link rooms - you need the scart for this.  Same reason my PS3 won't go around the link rooms unless I switch it to scart connection on the PS3 itself.  The Sky box seems perfectly able to output HDMI and Scart at the same time. 

My Sky HD box has always been temperamental since the day it arrived, but I put that down to the fact that it is new technology and the early models always have a few bugs.  Indeed, it has been getting better as Sky release software updates for it.  It crashed completely once and I couldn't get it back on - I rang Sky who talked me through a software update download and now it works much better.  In fact, thinking about it is has probably had to be restarted only twice in the past 6 months, which - given that it is basically a computer - I consider to be an excellent track record!!  Prior to the Sky software update, crashing 5-6 times a week was not uncommon.

I watched my first Blu-Ray movie last week and noticed the tearing of the picture - I thought this was a poor DVD from Blockbuster but maybe I was wrong.  Won't know until I watch some other I guess!

There's no way B&O make 60% profit from the £9000 you pay for a BV7.  Even the dealer margins are a small fraction of that - I used to work there!

The thomson made sky HD box is im afraid pants- nothing to do with new technology- it is just badly designed- new version comming out soon thats a good one!- not made by thomson!

• 08-30-2008 12:22 PM In reply to

moxxey:

rednik:

Of course, as a company to company EU-based sale will exclude VAT, if they are both VAT registered.

Anyway, if a dealer isn't making 'anyway near 40%', the point 355f was making is simply more valid. B&O make a hefty % from your BV7-40 purchase.

I thought this was a forum about 4.24 software problems, not finances?

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 08-30-2008 3:56 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Razlaw:

Razlaw, I'm sure you're here just to cause issues - wherever you post, you seem to post to antagonise. Perhaps it's your free speech..

• 08-30-2008 5:06 PM In reply to

• kallasr
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Willich, NRW, Germany
    • Posts 1,077
    • Founder

moxxey:
    Razlaw:

Razlaw, I'm sure you're here just to cause issues - wherever you post, you seem to post to antagonise. Perhaps it's your free speech..

No, it is just zaR law! Smile

Ralf

My Beo: Beosound 3000, Beolab 4000, Beo 4 DVD,  Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000, Beovox S45.2 with Stands, Beosystem 7000 black with Beolink 7000, Beolink 1000, F1000 (3 cubes), Beovox 5000, Beovox 3000, Attyca 1.

• 08-31-2008 1:04 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

Razlaw:
    moxxey:

rednik:

Well cant blame Mox for trying to change the subject- he is frustrated that the products for the North American market are technically superior and better engineered that what we get in the UK ( the largest market for B&O)

• 08-31-2008 4:22 PM In reply to

deleted

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 09-01-2008 10:37 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

I was at my dealers today asking about the switch-off issue. No news. No news about anything (products or otherwise). However, the big dealer conference is this week so they should find out about the new direction, plans and some new product info. They expect to see the final version of the Beomaster/sound 5 this week.

As the dealers can't bring cameras, phones or anything to the dealer conference, could one of the Beoworld-based dealers bring an artist with you, sketch up the product and then render when you get back? :)

Not directly part of this discussion, but thought I'd mention that I nudged my dealer about the TV issue.

• 09-01-2008 5:20 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

well i hope the wait is worth it

i just hope they fix the STB controller also and not just the crash to off bit as i need to use STB without it going haywire and doing what it wants lol

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 09-02-2008 12:41 AM In reply to

I am in Australia, and I have my BV 7 updated to 4.24 last week.

I am also experiencing shut off problem, twice, while I was watching foxtel (cable tv) .

another problem I am having is the tv would automatically switch over to foxtel randomly, ie I can be watching dvd or using apple tv, and the tv will switch it self over to foxtel. quite annoying.

• 09-02-2008 4:36 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

aweicc:

I am in Australia, and I have my BV 7 updated to 4.24 last week.

I am also experiencing shut off problem, twice, while I was watching foxtel (cable tv) .

another problem I am having is the tv would automatically switch over to foxtel randomly, ie I can be watching dvd or using apple tv, and the tv will switch it self over to foxtel. quite annoying.

You need to contact your dealer and tell him this, the more people who are having this problem and reporting it, the more likely it is that B&O will act on it, and fast. It is simply not accaptable for a 6000£ tv to have this error.

Give this link you your dealer so he can see that it is not just you that are having the problems.

All i am hearing from B&O is that thay "are working on it".

/Weebyx

• 09-05-2008 5:41 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Absolute Discrace

Dear Mr. Klemis,

We are pleased to see that you are the owner of BeoVision 7, but are sorry that you experience problems with this after update to software 4.24. We cannot from your e-mail see which version of BeoVision 7 you have, or exactly which product you experience. For this reason we also cannot say what may be the reason for the problems, and cannot say when there will be a fix for this.

We must ask you to contact your Bang & Olufsen dealer in order to have the problems solved. The dealer will have to give his feedback to Bang & Olufsen UK so that we know about the problems, if it is the new software that causes these.

Kind regards
    Bang & Olufsen a/s

Helle Pramanik
    BeoCare

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 09-05-2008 11:39 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

seanklemis:

Absolute Discrace

Dear Mr. Klemis,

We are pleased to see that you are the owner of BeoVision 7, but are sorry that you experience problems with this after update to software 4.24. We cannot from your e-mail see which version of BeoVision 7 you have, or exactly which product you experience. For this reason we also cannot say what may be the reason for the problems, and cannot say when there will be a fix for this.

We must ask you to contact your Bang & Olufsen dealer in order to have the problems solved. The dealer will have to give his feedback to Bang & Olufsen UK so that we know about the problems, if it is the new software that causes these.

Kind regards
    Bang & Olufsen a/s

Helle Pramanik
    BeoCare

Why don't you just email her back and include a link to this page, so she can see that there actually are problems with the SW. I am on the verge og caving in, and either drop B&O as a hole, my tv is acting up on me again, it has a deep humming noise, and it is so loud that it cannot bee ignored, the only way to get rid of the noise, is to disable adaptive black, and turn the contrast up 6 clicks. but then the picture looses its dynamic i think.

I thought the problem was gone with the new tv i got, but sadly no. I am afraid it has something to do with the wall-close mounting it is hanging on, i guess the wall is amplifing the noise:(

My other option is to buy the new 50" plasma :)

/Weebyx

• 09-05-2008 1:11 PM In reply to

• Gerd
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 523
    • Bronze Member

Weebyx:
    seanklemis:

Absolute Discrace

Dear Mr. Klemis,

Kind regards
    Bang & Olufsen a/s

Helle Pramanik
    BeoCare

LOL! There`s only ONE version - BeoVision 7-40 MKIII - with SW 4.24!

• 09-05-2008 2:31 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Gerd:

LOL! There`s only ONE version - BeoVision 7-40 MKIII - with SW 4.24!

I don't have much confidence in B&O's 'customer service'. When I had major issues with my BV8-26, B&O UK didn't reply, the PR dept of B&O replied but did nothing to help and the customer services said they'd look in to the issue, but never got back to me. Possibly as there was no solution.

Same with the BV7-40. They act as if they've never heard of the issue before, yet there are at least eight people on here who have reported the problem. There are probably twice as many outside of Beoworld who have reported issues (as their new BV7-40 will ship with sw 4.24 as standard). However, still they act as if they've never heard of such a problem..

• 09-06-2008 11:39 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Can all of you who are experiencing the crash-to off feature, please post a complete SW version table of you television ?

In this picture you can se how the table looks like.

http://www.recordere.dk/forum/uploads/PeterPan/2008-09-03_110051_SW_Kontrol.jpg

SW table

What puzzles me is that Peter Pans BV7-40 MKIII, who has had the SW 4.24 upgrade, isn't showing any build version, my tv i showing build 344 and H8 as 4.17, DVE FEP SW as 4.17 and PW SW as 4.17, mind you that i have had mine downgraded from 4.24, but what puzzles me is that the PW SW isn't showing the same SW version as the DVE FEP SW. On my tv these 2 values are the same(4.17)

How does all of your tv's SW table look like ?

You can finde the SW table in the customer service menu, go into the tv menu, mark other options, and press red-red+go, the you will see a menu where SW Ver is the first entry, this will list the SW table of the TV.

P.S DONT MESS AROUND WITH OTHER OPTIONS :)

• 09-06-2008 2:51 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

hay there i have 4.24 with loads of probems with it and my build number shows as 344?

i am also getting to the point where i think i might give up after the customer service rubbish response

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 09-06-2008 3:33 PM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

seanklemis:

hay there i have 4.24 with loads of probems with it and my build number shows as 344?

i am also getting to the point where i think i might give up after the customer service rubbish response

What are your values for "DVE FEP SW" and "PW SW" ?

/Weebyx

• 09-06-2008 5:36 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Weebyx:

What puzzles me is that Peter Pans BV7-40 MKIII, who has had the SW 4.24 upgrade, isn't showing any build version, my tv i showing build 344 and H8 as 4.17, DVE FEP SW as 4.17 and PW SW as 4.17, mind you that i have had mine downgraded from 4.24, but what puzzles me is that the PW SW isn't showing the same SW version as the DVE FEP SW. On my tv these 2 values are the same(4.17)

Mine says:

PW SW 04.01a 

My numbers are very different. For example:

M2 STB Table 3.92a

However, I've been told by my dealer that the 'H8 SW 04.24a' is the only part that's worth worrying about. For example, you can update some of the individual components separately, such as the STB table.

Page 6 of 16 (388 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »