in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-12-2009 11:43 AM by Quim43. 387 replies.
Page 1 of 16 (388 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-21-2008 7:06 AM

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

BV7 40 MKIII / SW 4.24 problem

Hi, i have just received a new tv from the dealer because the old one made a lot of noise, and had weird colors.

This new set is much quieter and the colors are perfect. Also i have had the tv updated to the latest 4.24 SW. But here is the drawback. When i am watching a Blu-ray on my PS3, and the 24p option is set to automatic, then it is almost as the picture is being cut i half when the movie is doing horisontal paning.

If i disable 24p, then the movie is fine, although it is not as smooth when panning.

This is also noticable when i use my mediapc set to 1080/24, 1080/60 is no problem.

Has anyone else noticed this ?

One other thing, i have my mediapc connected to my tv using AV3 and has selected a HomeChoice settop box to AV3, this is because i then can control Vista MediaCenter using my Beo4/5 (any questions on how this is done is welcome, but not important here). The funny thing is that when i select any of the settop boxes using AV3, the colors when showing a movie is much darker, than when i select PS3 as the settop box. The PS3 mode is the "correct" one in my opinion, but why is there a diference ? I thought that the only thing the settop box did was sendig IR codes. Why is the imageprocessing also being modified when selecting a settop box other than PS3 ?

Any ideas on all this is much appreciated

/Weebyx

• 07-21-2008 7:16 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: BV7 40 MKIII / SW 4.24 problem

Weebyx:

Hi, i have just received a new tv from the dealer because the old one made a lot of noise, and had weird colors.

This new set is much quieter..

Much quieter? I can't hear my BV7-40 MKIII at all! I'm assuming you must mean the fans in the back of the TV?

With sw 4.24, panning is much improved, but definitely far from smooth.

• 07-21-2008 1:31 PM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:
    Weebyx:

This new set is much quieter..

Much quieter? I can't hear my BV7-40 MKIII at all! I'm assuming you must mean the fans in the back of the TV?

With sw 4.24, panning is much improved, but definitely far from smooth.

I have had big problems with hummingnoise from the backlight converters, but finally it seems like it has been solved :) I cant hear the fans, and they are underneath the TV.

Panning is improved alot, but now the picture is almost cut in half sometimes when panning, this is only when my PS3 or PC is set to 24p, otherwise the panning has no faults, other than the lack of being smooth :)

/Weebyx

• 07-21-2008 1:36 PM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Some more info.

When i set my PS3 or PC to 24p, and opens the customer service menu, looks under "signal information",  the vfreq is 24hz(23,99 or something), and the panel output is 48hz.

I then took my PS3 to my dealer today, an hooked it up to a tv like mine, same SW/Panel/everything, but the dealer tv showed that the output hz was 60hz instead of 48hz. It seemed like the dealer tv didn't change to 24p mode, and the panning was like mine was before the 4.24 update.

Can some of you with a 24p source check their service menu, and see what the output HZ is under "signal information"

/Weebyx

• 07-22-2008 4:33 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

hello one thing i have noticed since 4.24 is my tv just randomly turns itself off for no apparent reason no times nothing just turns off.

some times the sky hd box will not turn on with the tv i have to get up and do it myself.

i have now set the STB to never turn of the HD box which is not best practice for my carbon footprint.

anyone else got this annoying problem of it turning off

i did read somewhere once that they sky box and stb rely on scart for on and off but surly this is not the case if using HDMI???

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 07-22-2008 6:33 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

seanklemis:

hello one thing i have noticed since 4.24 is my tv just randomly turns itself off for no apparent reason no times nothing just turns off.

some times the sky hd box will not turn on with the tv i have to get up and do it myself.

i have now set the STB to never turn of the HD box which is not best practice for my carbon footprint.

anyone else got this annoying problem of it turning off

i did read somewhere once that they sky box and stb rely on scart for on and off but surly this is not the case if using HDMI???

Yes, my tv has turned off 3 times for the last 7 days, it is not a "nice" turn-off, the curtans isn't closing the picture, the tv just goes out, just as if the power has been swiched off. After the tv has turned off by itself, the red std.by LED remains off for about 5 seconds, then the red LED is turned on again, and i can turn on the tv again :)

Weird.... I guess there are som bugs in SW 4.24  

/Weebyx

• 07-22-2008 6:59 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

that is the same problem completly, i will report this to my dealer today.

what ever happened to Bata testing

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 07-22-2008 7:53 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

I've started experiencing this, too, since 4.24. The TV just completely switches off, for no reason. It's done it 3 times in the last couple of weeks.

What happens is that you hear a 'switching off' sound and the speakers go in to standby. However, no red standby light on the TV - that comes on about 30 seconds later. At first, I thought it was the TV overheating, but then realised it had only been on for under an hour.

• 07-22-2008 7:56 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

it also does not control the sky hd box properly the box goes into standby randomly and then does not receive any commands from the STB controller, i have tried it with scart control off as i know the MK2 had a problem without the scart lead.

also when the stb is set to never it rusn on the sky box every other time you turn on the tv but if you have it set to follow TV it seems to just stay on and not turn it on or off.

I am shocked that they did not notcei this while they were testing it.

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 07-22-2008 8:01 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Don't be shocked - the 4.24 was supposed to fix the white flash problem and didn't. It was even reported as a key fix for 4.24! So, you do have to wonder how much testing they do to come to a conclusion something is 'fixed' when does exactly what it did with the previous sw.
  • 07-22-2008 8:25 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

i just spoke to my dealer and the TV turnign off issue is not known of yet so come on guys get calling and complaining then maybe they will fix it

second issue is with the SKY hd box sky admited the isse a few weeks ago but have changed there mind and said its nothing to do with them lol

all good fun

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 07-22-2008 9:33 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

seanklemis:

that is the same problem completly, i will report this to my dealer today.

what ever happened to Bata testing

We are the beta testers :) I reported it to my dealer today, and he has spoken to B&O in Struer, and they will look into the problem.

/Weebyx

• 07-24-2008 12:06 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

hello i have had more problems today with my TV

lunch time it turned off with no reason but then the STB would not fast forward or rewind so a power reset fixed that

my STB is on Follow tv and does not turn of the sky box if i set it to never it turns of the sky box every other time i turn on the tv but my info tells me B&o and arugeing with sky as they say the sky box software has changed but i find it hard to believe it works fine with the sky remote but not B&o.

the are on holiday in denmark so nothing will be fixed any time soon and if they are playing the blame game it may take some time

is anyone else having problems with the STB or just the turn off problem?

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 07-24-2008 12:31 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

seanklemis:

the are on holiday in denmark

The whole company has gone on holiday?

• 07-24-2008 1:06 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

i had a call from a dealer today to say that it its prob being caused by the pin issue with pin 8 of the scart lead not being conencted this does sound liek ti coudl be the problem the sky box turning off and tv turning off, i cannot believe i have to possibley put a scart lead in to usemy tv on HDMI

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 07-24-2008 1:40 PM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

seanklemis:
    i had a call from a dealer today to say that it its prob being caused by the pin issue with pin 8 of the scart lead not being conencted this does sound liek ti coudl be the problem the sky box turning off and tv turning off, i cannot believe i have to possibley put a scart lead in to usemy tv on HDMI

It is correct that the STB controller "listens" on pin 8 of the SCART, this pin tells the tv if the connected box is on or off.

This is not possible to do if the box/ps3/pc is connected via HDMI. But this is not the problem as i see it, if the STB is turning the TV off, then it should do it the "soft" way, with curtains and all, and not the "hard" way, like the power has been switched off.

I am using a Sagem ICD-60-04 as DVB-C decoder in Denmark, and this is connected via SCART, so i don't have the issues you are describing.

/Weebyx

• 07-24-2008 1:42 PM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:
    seanklemis:

the are on holiday in denmark

The whole company has gone on holiday?

No :)

I had some response from them today, I have som weird problems when showing 24p blu-ray discs, and they are testing it at the moment.

/Weebyx

• 07-24-2008 6:25 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

yeah sorry he said it may be and to keep the two issue's seperate, STB might be having problems cause scart lead is not there but to be honest who wants a scart lead connected just for one pin?

as for the off issue i agree and hope ot find out soon

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 07-25-2008 3:29 AM In reply to

You must have a SCART connection to you DVB-C tuner, Luck on thes linck.

http://www.hifi4all.dk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=42140&KW=B%26O&PN=0&TPN=16

.( Google Translator http://translate.google.dk/translate_t?sl=da&tl=en )

.I have also SW 4.24a and it works well.

Peter Pan

• 07-25-2008 3:35 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

hello

i think the problem is going to be with the set to box not being conencted with scart and i was going to connect pin 8 between the tv and sky box to see if it fixes the problem, this got me thinking connecting pin 8 alone will not complete the circuit what is the ground connection for the circuit to be complete.

i cannot believe i am prob going to need a scart lead for my STB to work

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 07-25-2008 5:58 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

at lunch time today i am popping home to connect a cable between pin 8 & pin 21 of my scart conenctions to see if this solves the problem with the tv turning off and weird happenings on the STB controller.

i will inform you all of the results in two hours time

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 07-25-2008 8:18 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

and for my reply............

switched scart conrtol on

connected pin 8 & 21 on tv and sky box

STB controller works perfectly every time

im not sure if this has cleared up the turning off issue but i imagine it will as for some reason for the STB controller to work with a sky box it needs to detect the 5Volt signal from the STB, which i think it rubbish as the tv is connected with HDMI why woudl i want to run a scart lead.

i connected a 5V feed to the tv and ignored the sky box all together and it still worked perfectly so bang & olufsen need to stop blaming sky and come up with a solution to this problem rather than sitting around finding someone to blame.

i have left the tv on at home and told them if it turns of to call me ASAP so i can check to see weather this 5v problem is cauing the tv to turn off also which i think it may well be.

I am shcoked that the STB still has to reply on scart to autosence that is shoudl do its tasks?

Thanks hope this helps at least one person

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 07-25-2008 8:21 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Weebyx:

seanklemis:

It is correct that the STB controller "listens" on pin 8 of the SCART, this pin tells the tv if the connected box is on or off.

This is not possible to do if the box/ps3/pc is connected via HDMI. But this is not the problem as i see it, if the STB is turning the TV off, then it should do it the "soft" way, with curtains and all, and not the "hard" way, like the power has been switched off.

I am using a Sagem ICD-60-04 as DVB-C decoder in Denmark, and this is connected via SCART, so i don't have the issues you are describing.

/Weebyx

why woudl the STB listen to scart of the TV is using HDMI not a very clever set up, without the 5Volt signal the STB controller seem to behave any way it feels fit lol.

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 07-25-2008 11:54 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

back from the office 4 hours have passed and the tv is still on and working fine, as above looks liek to use STB you must also have scart connected.

shame

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 07-28-2008 5:54 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Monday Morning Update

If you have SKY conected to the TV using HDMI you still need a scart lead for the STB controller to function as if its not conencted it causes the tv to act in a weird way turning itself off and not working properly with the sky box

also this is set up this way as if you have a link room tv you cannot broadcast the signal from hdmi to link rooms this is done via scart as HDMI is copyright protected.

all in all if you use STB and things go wrong connect scart lead, my tv has been ok since friday.

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

Page 1 of 16 (388 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »