in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-12-2009 11:43 AM by Quim43. 387 replies.
Page 5 of 16 (388 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-24-2008 11:00 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Re: BV7 40 MKIII / SW 4.24 problem

Razlaw:
    moxxey:

Razlaw:
    I wonder if the 4.24 North American version is different? I have no problems with it.

Razlaw, have you read the entire thread? Do you have an STB connected via HDMI?

I thought there were  problems unrelated to an STB such as the white flash you complained about early in this thread.

And if by STB you mean a satellite box, yes, I have a STB connected via HDMI to the BV7, and both work fine . If by STB you mean something different, no I do not.

Are you controling your satelite box via the Beo4/5 remote ?

/Weebyx

• 08-24-2008 12:30 PM In reply to

• johnm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-18-2008
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Got my BV7 last week and its turned off twice in the last few days.

I'm also running skyhd via hdmi with scart connected.

John 

• 08-24-2008 12:40 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

I think I want to buy the North American versions of B&O- they get HD sound- we dont. We get the crash to off - they dont- its hardly fair
  • 08-24-2008 2:06 PM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

355f:
    I think I want to buy the North American versions of B&O- they get HD sound- we dont. We get the crash to off - they dont- its hardly fair

He He, what do you mean by HD sound ?

Regarding the crash-to-off, i would demand a downgrade from 4.24 to 4.17, i have the 4,17 now, and i haven't experienced the crash since. If we all demand the downgrade, then the dealers will contact B&O and put more preasure on the fix. The dealers will of course have to upgrade again when the new SW with the fix is released.

We need to put preasure on them to fix this, it is simply unacceptable to release a SW with such a major error.

/Weebyx

• 08-24-2008 4:01 PM In reply to

Weebyx:
    Razlaw:
    moxxey:

Razlaw:
    I wonder if the 4.24 North American version is different? I have no problems with it.

Razlaw, have you read the entire thread? Do you have an STB connected via HDMI?

I thought there were  problems unrelated to an STB such as the white flash you complained about early in this thread.

And if by STB you mean a satellite box, yes, I have a STB connected via HDMI to the BV7, and both work fine . If by STB you mean something different, no I do not.

Are you controling your satelite box via the Beo4/5 remote ?

/Weebyx

Yes I control the satellite box and the DVR function of the satellite box with the Beo 4. The Beo 4 works fine for turning the box on and performing all basic operations on it. The Beo 4 will not turn the box off. The box, however, has an internal setting that can be set to turn the box off after a period of non-use. Thus once the Beo 4 turns the TV off, the box will turn itself off after 4 hours of non-use.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 08-24-2008 5:30 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

355f:

Nor any white flash issues either, bear in mind.

However, they do get multi-coloured speaker/TV combos that we don't get over here.

• 08-26-2008 12:20 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

hi all i had last night was problems and its annoying me

i had waht i call the HDMI sync drop out a few times where i can hear sound but get snowy screen, at one point the tv showed as being off but the screen was still snowy.

Also if i remove the scart lead control of sky hd via the STB is all over the place

were all these issues not a problem in 4.17 or did the stb box weird behaviour start with 4.24, i hope a fix is done soon as i dont want to go to 4.17 then back up again to the new ones.

i cannot believe B&o are selling the tv's still with duff software installed, i am waiting as i know there is a problem but imagine if you just bought that and got it home and it crashed how annoyed woudl you be lol

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 08-26-2008 12:32 PM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

seanklemis:

hi all i had last night was problems and its annoying me

i had waht i call the HDMI sync drop out a few times where i can hear sound but get snowy screen, at one point the tv showed as being off but the screen was still snowy.

Also if i remove the scart lead control of sky hd via the STB is all over the place

were all these issues not a problem in 4.17 or did the stb box weird behaviour start with 4.24, i hope a fix is done soon as i dont want to go to 4.17 then back up again to the new ones.

i cannot believe B&o are selling the tv's still with duff software installed, i am waiting as i know there is a problem but imagine if you just bought that and got it home and it crashed how annoyed woudl you be lol

I don't know how the Sky Box behaved with 4.17, but i have not had any of the 4.24 problems since i went back to 4.17, no crash to off, no HDMI sync problem.

All i can say is that they are testing at the moment, so they are actually doing something, but as you say, i would stop the 4.24sw completely if i was them , until these bugs are fixed.

/weebyx

• 08-26-2008 3:33 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

well lets hope they test properly this time

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 08-27-2008 5:26 AM In reply to

I think it happened to me yesterday. My digibox uses HDMI, even though i wasnt watching HD TV. After the restart, my stand wouldnt move!!!!

I had to unplug it and reset the TV! This is on the BV7-40 with te latet sw installed; are we talking about the same issue?

• 08-27-2008 5:50 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

timhanna:

I think it happened to me yesterday. My digibox uses HDMI, even though i wasnt watching HD TV. After the restart, my stand wouldnt move!!!!

I had to unplug it and reset the TV! This is on the BV7-40 with te latet sw installed; are we talking about the same issue?

Annoying, isn't it? The other thing I've started experiencing is that the Sky HD box will often 'freeze' and simply show a single channel. Remote control nor buttons on the Sky box will stop working and nothing (!) will sort out the situation....apart from pulling out the Sky HD box power. As you know, this is a no-go area as the Sky HD box is often writing files to the drive and there is no on/off switch on the box, just a standby option.

However, this has only started happening since 4.24 and, in some ways, is worse than the TV switch-off issue.

• 08-27-2008 6:02 AM In reply to

moxxey:
    timhanna:

Annoying, isn't it? The other thing I've started experiencing is that the Sky HD box will often 'freeze' and simply show a single channel. Remote control nor buttons on the Sky box will stop working and nothing (!) will sort out the situation....apart from pulling out the Sky HD box power. As you know, this is a no-go area as the Sky HD box is often writing files to the drive and there is no on/off switch on the box, just a standby option.

However, this has only started happening since 4.24 and, in some ways, is worse than the TV switch-off issue.

I think its more unacceptable than annoying. At least for me, since its only happened once... just got a reply from my dealer, here is an extract:

"The issue is with the box. The manufacturers of these boxes for some reason only allow either the HDMI or Scart and not
    both to be operational at the same time. SKY HD boxes allow both to work and the switching voltage on the Scart tells the set the status of the box. Sometimes the copy protection between the TV and the box via the HDMI connection only gets lost and the set gets confused."

They then go ahead to reassure me that I will be informed of any updates, so fair enough for now... B+O better get cracking on it tho :)

• 08-27-2008 11:01 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

timhanna:

"The issue is with the box. The manufacturers of these boxes for some reason only allow either the HDMI or Scart and not
    both to be operational at the same time. SKY HD boxes allow both to work and the switching voltage on the Scart tells the set the status of the box. Sometimes the copy protection between the TV and the box via the HDMI connection only gets lost and the set gets confused."

Yes, but three valid issues here:

1) How come this only applies after sw 4.24? As this thread shows, anyone with the TV shutting-off issue, this didn't happen before sw 4.24. Indeed, I have had the same Sky HD setup for two years now, with the old MKI BV7-32 and my MKIII BV7-40. No problems until recently.

2) Why doesn't this affect other TVs from other manufacturers? Your dealer makes it sound like the 'problem' is down to the box and that affects the TV it is connected to. Well, how doesn't it affect a Sony TV?

3) There are other issues, too. For instance, using my PS3 I still get the white flash issue when playing PS3 games, despite this being an issue that was fixed with sw 4.24. Clearly it isn't entirely fixed.

• 08-27-2008 11:21 AM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:
    timhanna:

1) How come this only applies after sw 4.24? As this thread shows, anyone with the TV shutting-off issue, this didn't happen before sw 4.24. Indeed, I have had the same Sky HD setup for two years now, with the old MKI BV7-32 and my MKIII BV7-40. No problems until recently.

2) Why doesn't this affect other TVs from other manufacturers? Your dealer makes it sound like the 'problem' is down to the box and that affects the TV it is connected to. Well, how doesn't it affect a Sony TV?

3) There are other issues, too. For instance, using my PS3 I still get the white flash issue when playing PS3 games, despite this being an issue that was fixed with sw 4.24. Clearly it isn't entirely fixed.

Sky is changing its supplier away from thomson who make the sky hd box because of poor relibility- Lets hope B&O are aware of this, or newer boxes will have control issues.- I doubt they care!

Of course this would not happen with any other brand, vigourous testing with the most likely connected components is the norm because if it doesnt work all the sets will be returned to argos/comet and the costs all invoiced to  the supplier.-

• 08-27-2008 11:27 AM In reply to

moxxey:
    timhanna:

Moxxey, you are 1000% right, I agree with you. Its hard to believe really. I dont understand why the TV should crash. The TV should keep running, notifying you that the source is invalid or whatever and carry on working. It should never shutdown, only to protect itself from heat or whatever else.

The fact that also, on the panning shots; or when for example a stripy image passes quickly horizontally across the screen, it makes me dizzy. A £9K TV shouldnt do it. Just to recap, GBP 9,000 = 20,000 USD is the price you pay for cars!!!!! Mortgage deposits, fitting new kitchen and house deco's. Year long holidays, half of some peoples yeqrly salary, not a bloody TV that makes you feel grateful when it doesnt shutdown because an expensive and up-to-date HDMI/HD system doesnt work properly... switching voltage rubbish.

I have quite a bit of B+O gear. Started by buying nearly everything used, so that i can try it at home for as long as I like, all nice and comfy. After some time, if I find that I like a particular product, I sell it on ebay and buy it new. I want by 6months/next year to buy the lab5s, exchage a 'soon' to have BL3/BL8000/BL2 system, but it looks like this TV will take me eternity to sort out... and never let me move on to the speakers.

It is such a core feature of any B+O home system, the TV. Its the main thing that accepts the IR-codes, everything is attached to it and expect signals via it, e.g. DVD2, ouvertures, cinema controls, speakers, beomedias etc etc, so if the 'core/master product' is causing trouble, its no better than a really efficient company network, with one really weak router that keeps on breaking the network. It damages the brand.

I must admit, since im on a rant anyway, I got my TV BRAND NEW after having a bad expirience with a caged one, I spend loads of money, considering im 24 years old, i should have other priorities in life.... sometimes I think to myself whether its worth having it.

9,000 GBP gets you:

• BS9000 or BS3200 - 2,500GBP
    • BL8000 - 2,800GBP
    • LCD TV - 1,500GBP
    • PS3 - 300GBP
    • 500 GBP to spare

All of the abouve brand new, now consider them used:

• BS9000 or BS3200 - 1,500GBP
    • BL8000 - 1,000GBP
    • BL3 - 1,500GBP
    • BL2 - 1,000GBP
    • LCD TV (NEW) - 1,000GBP
    • PS3 (NEW) - 300GBP
    • Serene - 300GBP
    • Ipod - 250GBP

The abouve is under 7000GBP, 2K to spend on anything else!!! You get my point!

• 08-27-2008 11:44 AM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

I think it proves one point. That apart from some of the speakers of B&O the rest of the range  is somewhat 'wanting'

The fact it costs £9000 has little to do with it as 60% of that is profit to B&O; in the end one has to make a decision as to the worth of a tv that looks pretty- this makes one wonder quite how much 'development' has gone into products when they cant even get basic operating software correct.

• 08-27-2008 11:55 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

i completly agree HDMI has not been a problem for all other companies, my father loves his Sony TV and right now this is giving him all the AMO he need for calling my stuff over priced ****.

No helping me fight back anymore lol

all i keep hearing is they are aware of the issue and its being tested, why dont they make a proper annoucment saying sorry we messed up it will be fixed soon.

all you get from beocare these days is

Thanks for buying, we know your upset blah blah blah still dont stop me loosing my patience lol

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 08-27-2008 11:57 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

just spoke to a dealer chasing up the issue and he had called technical and the normal guy who is there is off this week on holiday, the other guy said i know nothing about this problem never heard about it before.

maybe we not making enough noise.

anyone know how testing is going, or if they are testing what is causing the faults?

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 08-27-2008 12:22 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

seanklemis:

just spoke to a dealer chasing up the issue and he had called technical and the normal guy who is there is off this week on holiday..

Nice. Another guy signed off on holiday whilst we await a fix. It doesn't happen in my profession :)

When I'm on holiday, if my company has a problem with my work, I'm called and expected to fix..

• 08-27-2008 12:36 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Same as buddy if my systems go down at work im called no matter where i am in the world lol

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 08-28-2008 6:13 AM In reply to

I've got a Mk3 BV7-40 which was recently updated to software 4.24.

I have also experienced the TV switching off - about 3 times since the update 2 months ago, so not a massive problem for me but obviously now I know I am not the only one it needs sorting out in time.  (I wouldn't want anyone cutting their holidays short though - that's just mean!)

I have always had the scart and HDMI connected from my Sky HD box, as you can't send a HDMI signal around the link rooms - you need the scart for this.  Same reason my PS3 won't go around the link rooms unless I switch it to scart connection on the PS3 itself.  The Sky box seems perfectly able to output HDMI and Scart at the same time. 

My Sky HD box has always been temperamental since the day it arrived, but I put that down to the fact that it is new technology and the early models always have a few bugs.  Indeed, it has been getting better as Sky release software updates for it.  It crashed completely once and I couldn't get it back on - I rang Sky who talked me through a software update download and now it works much better.  In fact, thinking about it is has probably had to be restarted only twice in the past 6 months, which - given that it is basically a computer - I consider to be an excellent track record!!  Prior to the Sky software update, crashing 5-6 times a week was not uncommon.

I watched my first Blu-Ray movie last week and noticed the tearing of the picture - I thought this was a poor DVD from Blockbuster but maybe I was wrong.  Won't know until I watch some other I guess!

There's no way B&O make 60% profit from the £9000 you pay for a BV7.  Even the dealer margins are a small fraction of that - I used to work there!

BV7-40MK4BR,7-32,6-22,6-23,6-26,BSnd5,9000,BLab9,3,4000,2,BCom2,6000,Btalk1200,LC2s,Lutron

• 08-28-2008 6:39 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

MartinW:

There's no way B&O make 60% profit from the £9000 you pay for a BV7.  Even the dealer margins are a small fraction of that - I used to work there!

I think 355f means that the dealer takes (approx) 40% and the other 60% of the TV cost is made to B&O - the cost of buying a BV7-40 from B&O, by the dealer.

You do have to be careful with the Sky HD boxes. It's not unknown for them to take them in and recycle them to other users! I once read that 1 in every 8 Sky HD boxes was actually a refurbished unit that had been sent back for repair. I also read that someone had two faulty Sky HD boxes and both had been second-hand units.

Sky are supplying some Pace boxes instead of the existing units. You can buy a Pace Sky HD box on eBay or, if you experience problems, try and get Sky to give you this box as a replacement unit. Simply say you've had enough of HD and the Sky box isn't up to the standard required to watch the service successfully and you might find the response is weighted in your favour..

With Setanta grabbing more and more of the live football matches, Sky are losing some subscribers to Freesat, Freeview and so on. Therefore they are more keen than ever to keep their subscriber base happy.

• 08-28-2008 6:39 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Has anyone got anymore info anyone call there dealer to see if they can find out anymore???

How did the bug testing go, is the software nearly ready for release?

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 08-28-2008 6:43 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

seanklemis:

Has anyone got anymore info anyone call there dealer to see if they can find out anymore???

No, we've been told to wait. So we have to wait. My dealer said they'd call me as soon as they have any new info or updated BS3 software. both B&O UK and B&O HQ know of the situation, so they now cannot claim that we're the 'only one' with the problem, which I've been told at least twice in the last couple of months.

• 08-28-2008 6:48 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

ummm im not good at waiting, that is one thing that annoys me a little when you have a problem you always get the "well thats a first" attitude.

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

Page 5 of 16 (388 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »