in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-12-2009 11:43 AM by Quim43. 387 replies.
Page 13 of 16 (388 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-25-2008 5:14 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: BV7 40 MKIII / SW 4.24 problem

Alex:

Not sure exactly what the issue is here, but as a quick-fix/workaround to get it working in the meantime, I would connect the Sky HD box via Component if your box has it. The latest Sky HD boxes don't and I can't remember off the top of my head how old your box is!

It doesn't have component. It's a new Sky HD box as the other one fell off the wall in Summer. As I said above, it's fine on the BV7-40, just when the link TV is on in the other room, I get the HDCP warning. Really odd.

• 11-26-2008 3:18 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

did you fix your problem?

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 11-26-2008 10:30 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

You guys should have just bought BeoLab 5's with your money Wink

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 11-26-2008 11:54 PM In reply to

Dave:
    You guys should have just bought BeoLab 5's with your money Wink

LOL, thats funny.

Just updated to 5.0 this morning, so far so good no auto shut off yet. 

• 11-27-2008 1:25 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

GREAT NEWS! Smile

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 11-27-2008 2:56 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

No crash-to-off issues here either, so far. Not had time to test the link-room issue yet.
  • 11-27-2008 6:40 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

as i dont use link room i think i may get my dealer round for my software update, cannot help but wonder wat 5.1 will bring next week or so but i think being at the newest software level can bring months of problems (as recently proven)

just spoke ot my dealer and he is going to install soon thank god 

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 11-29-2008 8:04 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Nope, it's not working properly (in a link room situation). If I turn on my BV8-26, to watch Sky, in another room, the Sky box throws up a 'This display does not support HDCP Call 08702....' every minute. If I press 'exit' on the remote, the warning disappears for a minute.

It only works if I have the BV7-40 turned on at the same time, in the other room.

I'm really getting sick of these software problems. Do they not test these scenarios? This has only happened since sw 5.00a was installed last week :(

• 11-29-2008 8:15 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

i dofeel sorry for you as they have fixed another problem and now you are going to have to go through the whole its "sky" fault and reporting issues again.

Its getting a little tedious now that thet cannot get the software right, just makes you want to but something new doesnt it NOT 

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 11-29-2008 8:44 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:

Nope, it's not working properly (in a link room situation). If I turn on my BV8-26, to watch Sky, in another room, the Sky box throws up a 'This display does not support HDCP Call 08702....' every minute. If I press 'exit' on the remote, the warning disappears for a minute.

It only works if I have the BV7-40 turned on at the same time, in the other room.

I'm really getting sick of these software problems. Do they not test these scenarios? This has only happened since sw 5.00a was installed last week :(

Actually, when i had my 4.95 installed, they told me that they were aware of problems with link rooms and settop boxes, so i believe they are fixing it at the moment. I bet this crash to off error is a much larger problem that we actually thought, and has roots in a complete sw change regarding the new HDMI boxes and so on. I believe they just had to act on the off error, and get this fix out as soon as possible.

/Weebyx

• 11-29-2008 10:42 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Weebyx:

Actually, when i had my 4.95 installed, they told me that they were aware of problems with link rooms..

Yeah, but this rather stupid casual attitude to software development is daft. It's my local dealer that has to pay and supply an installer to update the software each time and is equally disappointed when it doesn't provide a fully-working TV.

B&O shouldn't be releasing any new TV or new sw with issues where a link room TV can't be used as a standalone product due to 'known issues'.

If this is fixed with sw 5.01, then what happens if this introduces yet another new bug?

Believe me, this does absolutely nothing to give the end-user a positive experience of B&O technology.

• 11-29-2008 10:52 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:
    Weebyx:

Actually, when i had my 4.95 installed, they told me that they were aware of problems with link rooms..

Yeah, but this rather stupid casual attitude to software development is daft. It's my local dealer that has to pay and supply an installer to update the software each time and is equally disappointed when it doesn't provide a fully-working TV.

B&O shouldn't be releasing any new TV or new sw with issues where a link room TV can't be used as a standalone product due to 'known issues'.

If this is fixed with sw 5.01, then what happens if this introduces yet another new bug?

Believe me, this does absolutely nothing to give the end-user a positive experience of B&O technology.

I Agree fully.

/Weebyx

• 11-30-2008 7:48 AM In reply to

This is unbelievable. I only hope its because they have had to shift their software engineering resources onto the BeoSystem 5 - because that is a much more complex product to code for with likely numerous elements of third-party code.

Struer really needs to improve its software development processes as having 3 poor releases in a row for the BS3 based systems, introducing 1 new bug after another is shocking.

Has anyone asked their dealer for an extension of their warranty to cover for the year its taken - and still going - to have a fully functioning TV? Frankly, B&O should have sent us all apologies by now with some form of good will.

For a £9k TV, I am as equally frustrated as I love it.

• 11-30-2008 7:48 AM In reply to

This is unbelievable. I only hope its because they have had to shift their software engineering resources onto the BeoSystem 5 - because that is a much more complex product to code for with likely numerous elements of third-party code.

Struer really needs to improve its software development processes as having 3 poor releases in a row for the BS3 based systems, introducing 1 new bug after another is shocking.

Has anyone asked their dealer for an extension of their warranty to cover for the year its taken - and still going - to have a fully functioning TV? Frankly, B&O should have sent us all apologies by now with some form of good will.

For a £9k TV, I am as equally frustrated as I love it.

• 11-30-2008 8:33 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Hey, my dealer only answers a select few emails about the BV7-40 sw ;)

Since buying the BV7-40 MKIII in Dec 2007, here are my major sw issues:

1) Problem with the white flash with Blu-ray players and the PS3 in 1080p mode. Fixed with sw 4.24a. Annoying, but not as bad as...

2) Problem with BV7-40 crashing to 'off' in July 2008, after sw 4.24a installed. Annoying, but not as bad as..

3) Problem with link-room BV8-26 (which is connected to the BV7-40, which has the Sky HD box) which will now display that HDCP warning since sw 5.00a was installed on Monday afternoon. This issue doesn't happen if the BV7-40 is on in the other room, but that's hardly a 'solution'.

To me, these are three key usage problems. Ironically, the link room issue is probably now more annoying than the crash-to-off problem.

So, 12 months of use, three key sw issues.

I don't have much knowledge of TVs from Panasonic, Sony or Pioneer, but do their users experience these kinds of issues? ie. TV crashing, showing an annoying white flash in 1080p mode etc?

• 11-30-2008 8:39 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Oh, on a sidenote, I also work for the press and I emailed their press department for feedback on the original 4.24a crash-to-off (and another masterlink issue I was experiencing). I didn't receive a reply from the UK press dept. Their press dept HQ replied and said they were passing the issue to BeoCare.

Never received anything else apart from this acknowledgement. That's almost unheard of. I rarely come across any big company who fails to understand that good press coverage = the best form of free advertising. Not B&O.

• 11-30-2008 9:08 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

moxxey:

Oh, on a sidenote, I also work for the press and I emailed their press department for feedback on the original 4.24a crash-to-off (and another masterlink issue I was experiencing). I didn't receive a reply from the UK press dept. Their press dept HQ replied and said they were passing the issue to BeoCare.

Never received anything else apart from this acknowledgement. That's almost unheard of. I rarely come across any big company who fails to understand that good press coverage = the best form of free advertising. Not B&O.

I believe the Sale of Goods act says something about "fit for purpose". If it was me I'd ask them to come, collect their TV and issue a full refund of the purchase price. They'd soon sharpen their pencils if enough folk did it! It's much harder to ignore substandard product being returned and having to refund your money than it is a phone call or email.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 11-30-2008 10:45 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Puncher:

I believe the Sale of Goods act says something about "fit for purpose". If it was me..

I've thought of that, but then wondered a) about my relationship with my dealer and b) what would be my alternative? I've got so much B&O kit (and most of it causes no issues whatsoever). In theory, although the 'fit for purpose' could be tagged to this situation, B&O wouldn't give me £9K back without a fight - I'd have to take legal action! ;)

• 11-30-2008 11:02 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

moxxey:
    Puncher:

I believe the Sale of Goods act says something about "fit for purpose". If it was me..

I've thought of that, but then wondered a) about my relationship with my dealer and b) what would be my alternative? I've got so much B&O kit (and most of it causes no issues whatsoever). In theory, although the 'fit for purpose' could be tagged to this situation, B&O wouldn't give me £9K back without a fight - I'd have to take legal action! ;)

Of course it's your call.

I understand your predicament but if you are genuinely dissatisfied I wouldn't let your Dealers feelings get in the way of £9K (your £9K). 

I would direct my venom communication to B&O UK. rather than my dealer and I would think your chances of getting your money back would be quite high as your problems (and disatisfaction) are well documented.

Ultimately it's just not good enough from either a product or service standpoint.

• 11-30-2008 11:34 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Software 4.17 works perfectly well. In fact 4.24 does for most users...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 11-30-2008 11:54 AM In reply to

I imagine its working well if you dont have a link room setup or a Sky HD box. But thats not the point of B&O - the total home integration is one of the key selling features.

Both 4.17 and 4.24 have bugs with SKY HD boxes with a link room, where the sound will come through but no picture. Fundamentally they have problems handshaking and coordinating between the HDMI and SCART and it would seem they have ongoing problems in 5.0 based on everyone feedback.

• 11-30-2008 12:00 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Alex:

I'm sure Moxxey feels much better!Laughing

• 11-30-2008 12:32 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Alex:

Alex, you work for the Bath store. I'm not impressed with this reply. Think before you reply at times.

See this:

1) Problem with the white flash with Blu-ray players and the PS3 in 1080p mode. Fixed with sw 4.24a. Annoying, but not as bad as...

That was with sw 4.17 ^. If I buy a 1080p-based TV, I do NOT expect white flash annoyances when viewing 1080p-based material) Blu-ray, PS3 etc).

Why do you assume it 'works fine'? Why do you also assume that 4.24 'works for most users....'? There's a 13 page discussion about it not working.

When I pay £9K Alex, I expect perfection, or close to it. Your reply is almost arrogant. Do you want me to quote you in my letter to B&O UK on Monday? Is that an official store comment?

• 11-30-2008 2:20 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

here here its that attitude that shows us why we have to wait months for a fix for our "un-important" Tv problem

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 12-01-2008 9:42 AM In reply to

• MKE
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-01-2008
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

I have a new BV 9.

Had all the same problems with SW 4.24.

The TV crashes (turns off) and the Blue-Ray films played on PS3, jumps as described earlier in this thread.

Now the TV software has been upgraded, SW 5, but i still have the same problems. Nothings changed.

So for how long shall I wait??? B&O has a major problem here. It's just not good enough!!!!!! 

Page 13 of 16 (388 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last »