in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-12-2009 11:43 AM by Quim43. 387 replies.
Page 2 of 16 (388 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-30-2008 5:15 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Re: BV7 40 MKIII / SW 4.24 problem

seanklemis:

Monday Morning Update

If you have SKY conected to the TV using HDMI you still need a scart lead for the STB controller to function as if its not conencted it causes the tv to act in a weird way turning itself off and not working properly with the sky box

also this is set up this way as if you have a link room tv you cannot broadcast the signal from hdmi to link rooms this is done via scart as HDMI is copyright protected.

all in all if you use STB and things go wrong connect scart lead, my tv has been ok since friday.

This is just bad, my PC doesnt have scart connection, so i will be talking to my dealer about this, This wasn't an issue in the SW before 4.24, since i have been using my PC for 5 months without the tv turning off.

I am using my PC as a STB so i can control mediacenter with my Beo5, so i have the problem you are describing.

Back to the drawingboard B&O

/Weebyx

• 07-30-2008 5:42 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

your not wrong this is bad in th day and age of HDMI and HD and digital.

keep me posted on your progress if you can as would like to see if they fix it.

i am currently being given a scart lead to solve my issue's

the other solution would be to conenct a 5 volt feed to the scart pin's 8(+) and 21(-) for the scart connection on the AV socket you have set up, this giving the tv a signal to keep the TV on.

who wodul have thought the way forward was scart, they need to make a manu option for the AV menu's to ignore scart socket or something. 

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 07-31-2008 5:37 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

We started this discussion about the BV7-40 turning off without warning. My TV has done this twice this week. Grrr.

Anyone found any news on this? Nothing from my dealer. Simply been told to wait for the new sw update Huh?

• 08-01-2008 5:47 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:

We started this discussion about the BV7-40 turning off without warning. My TV has done this twice this week. Grrr.

Anyone found any news on this? Nothing from my dealer. Simply been told to wait for the new sw update Huh?

Can you tell me which source you are watching when the tv turns off ?

My tv only does it when i am watching a movie on my PC, which is setup to act as a STB. My PS3 doesnt do this, but the PS3 is also not under STB in the table, it is together with the BeoMedia and Unknown PC, this group is defined as "media" in the BV7 and not as an ordinary STB.

Are you using a STB connected via HDMI when the tv turns off?

/Weebyx

• 08-01-2008 6:26 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

I only watch TV via one source - the Sky HD box connected through HDMI. It has never switched off watching via another source, always whilst watching TV through the Sky box.

I spoke with B&O this morning and they think it might be something to do with devices connected ot the TV, such as the STB. However, it's only started happening since sw 4.24, so has to be something that has changed within this software revision. I had the STB (Sky box) and PS3 connected for months before sw 4.24, with no 'tv turn off' issues.

• 08-01-2008 11:28 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:

I only watch TV via one source - the Sky HD box connected through HDMI. It has never switched off watching via another source, always whilst watching TV through the Sky box.

I spoke with B&O this morning and they think it might be something to do with devices connected ot the TV, such as the STB. However, it's only started happening since sw 4.24, so has to be something that has changed within this software revision. I had the STB (Sky box) and PS3 connected for months before sw 4.24, with no 'tv turn off' issues.

Just like me, before the 4.24 upgrade, everything was fine. Hoping that there will be a new SW release soon.

But have you ever noticed your PS3 turning the tv off after 4.24 SW ? I have not yet seen the problem with the PS3. How are your PS3 connected to the tv, and do you have the "Sony Playstation 3" option in you tv menu ?

/Weebyx

• 08-01-2008 1:41 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

No, I've not seen the PS3 turn off. PS3 is connected via HDMI via DVD2. No 'Sony Playstation 3' option on my TV. Where is that? My PS3 is connected as an 'unknown DVD'. Do you get the option to assign it as a PS3 and, if you do, how?
  • 08-01-2008 2:09 PM In reply to

Technische Informationen of software update to version 4.24a
    Last updated: 18.06.2008  
    Information valid for:
    BeoSystem 3
    BeoVision 7 - 40 MK III
    BeoVision 9 - 50
    BeoVision 9 - 50 MK II
    BeoVision 9 - 50 MK III 
    Click here to download PDF file  
    White flash, picture format change, CD muted too long - software update to version 4.24a
    span.Hyperlink { color:#0000FF; text-decoration:underline; } span.TextEmph2 { color:#000000; font-weight:bold; } span.TextColor1 { color:#000000; } span.DefaultParagraphFont { } div.Heading1 { margin-top:12pt; margin-bottom:15pt; font-family:'Verdana'; font-size:11pt; font-weight:bold; } div.BodyText { font-family:'Verdana'; font-size:9pt; } div.TablePadding { margin-top:0pt; margin-bottom:0pt; font-family:'Verdana'; font-size:6pt; } div.TableHeading { font-family:'Verdana'; font-size:9pt; font-weight:bold; } div.TableText { font-family:'Verdana'; font-size:9pt; } div.Normal { font-family:'Times New Roman'; font-size:10pt; } div.cell_4cb2ed92 { font-family:'Times New Roman'; font-size:10pt; } table.TableNormal { } td.cell_baa19589 { border-left:solid #808080 0.5pt; border-top:solid #808080 0.5pt; padding-left:0pt; padding-top:0pt; padding-right:0pt; padding-bottom:0pt; } td.cell_418a957e { border-left:solid #808080 0.5pt; border-top:solid #808080 0.5pt; border-right:solid #808080 0.5pt; padding-left:0pt; padding-top:0pt; padding-right:0pt; padding-bottom:0pt; } td.cell_bc34dcc8 { border-left:solid #808080 0.5pt; border-top:solid #808080 0.5pt; border-bottom:solid #808080 0.5pt; padding-left:0pt; padding-top:0pt; padding-right:0pt; padding-bottom:0pt; } td.cell_2cc23e49 { border-left:solid #808080 0.5pt; border-top:solid #808080 0.5pt; border-right:solid #808080 0.5pt; border-bottom:solid #808080 0.5pt; padding-left:0pt; padding-top:0pt; padding-right:0pt; padding-bottom:0pt; } ins {color:blue} del {color:red}
    New Features
    Support for 24p (24 pictures per second) video signal via HDMI.
    Symptom
      1. White flash at the bottom left-hand side of the TV screen.
      2. Picture Format changes in main room when sound from TV is selected in link room.
      3. CD is muted too long when starting up from standby.
      4. Format change not possible after Radio source, if viewing a 16:9 transmission.
      5. STB-C sends digits too fast, HDR records wrong channel.
      6. Product does not start up when Sony STB I is connected (only reported from Japan, solved in software version 4.17).
      7. Short blue picture when switching from cinema mode to TV-viewing mode.
      8. Stand will not turn left after mains reset.
      9. Inverted colours and flashing picture after pressing ‘FORMAT’ + ‘GO’ (only seen with very few STB-C’s and a few BeoSystem 3).
      10. Tearing problem with PS3 (Blueray player) connected via HDMI, only in format 2.
      11. Bang & Olufsen teletext language/character set is 'reset' to zero when changing source or switching to standby.
      12. The indicator light remains green after switching to standby.
      13. Spelling error in German in the Timer Programming menu.
      14. Sound fade up while switching to standby after radio and TV source, if the stand has to turn much.
      15. Curtain is not present when switching on the source ‘DTV’.
    Cause
    Software errors and timing problems.
    Solution
    Update H8 software to version 4.24a or higher.
    Compatibility
    The possibility of selecting BeoVision 4-37 is removed, as this is not supported.
    See also Calibration is not completed
    First serial number and date of introduction
    Product Serial number Date of introduction
    BeoSystem 3 Not available yet 
    BeoVision 7-40 MK III Not available yet 
    BeoVision 9 MK I, II, III Not available yet 
    IRIS repair codes
      · The codes stated below should be used when you fill in the warranty claim.
      · Flag = 1 should be inserted in one or more lines according to "IRIS general specifications".
      · In the fields where nothing is stated, the fields should be filled in according to "IRIS general specifications". 
      · If blank is stated, the field must be left blank
    Fault symptom 1
    Symptom code (IRIS) Part no. Module no. Position no. Section code Defect Code Repair Code
     0896200   SYS 1 2
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Symptom
    Support for 24p . White flash at the bottom left-hand side, Picture Format changes in main room when sound from TV is selected in link room. CD is muted too long when starting up from standby.
    Solution
    Update H8 software to version 4.24a (build 344) or higher.
    Gruß Baolu

https://retail.bang-olufsen.dk/beowise/BeoWise_DE.nsf/luHNPDFIndex/UNIDTi.BeoSystem3.96009612.STG7FNFWADE$File/16F13B7F3915B413C125746C00468F12.pdf?OpenElement

• 08-01-2008 5:10 PM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:
    No, I've not seen the PS3 turn off. PS3 is connected via HDMI via DVD2. No 'Sony Playstation 3' option on my TV. Where is that? My PS3 is connected as an 'unknown DVD'. Do you get the option to assign it as a PS3 and, if you do, how?

Yes, you need to get your dealer to add it as an option. When you has it as an option, you can control the PS3 via your Beo4/5 remote, if you buy the Nyko IR PS3 remote. Then you just use an IR cable and connect it to the IR-Receiver dongle that comes witk the Nyko remote.

/Weebyx

• 08-01-2008 5:16 PM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Peter Pan:

Technische Informationen of software update to version 4.24a

10. Tearing problem with PS3 (Blueray player) connected via HDMI, only in format 2.

Hmmm, i have just reported this to my dealer, i was watching a Blu-ray movie via my PS3, and when the PS3 was set to 24p, i had these tearings in the picture, they are gone when setting 24p to off.

Damn, there are still problems with 4.24 :(

/Weebyx

• 08-02-2008 4:26 AM In reply to

Sadly also have the sudden shutdown problem since updating to 4.24 on my BS3.

Add this to dodgy firmware on Beo5 (still love it), and a replacement Beocom 6000 not fully compatible with my exchange (the old pstn was), and one wonders if B & O are struggling with the increasingly complex software required for these devices... 

• 08-02-2008 4:39 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

I'm actually seriously disappointed with this situation - how can sw cause a TV to suddenly switch off when you're in the middle of something you're keen to watch? Bizarre. Even more bizarre is that I seem to be the only one that has the problem....according to B&O. Which makes me feel foolish.

In the last two months, I have more B&O engineers in my place than the entire time I'd owned B&O equipment previous to June :(

• 08-02-2008 5:59 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:

I'm actually seriously disappointed with this situation - how can sw cause a TV to suddenly switch off when you're in the middle of something you're keen to watch? Bizarre. Even more bizarre is that I seem to be the only one that has the problem....according to B&O. Which makes me feel foolish.

In the last two months, I have more B&O engineers in my place than the entire time I'd owned B&O equipment previous to June :(

I also got the "we never heard about it before" responce from my dealer(he called B&O). But i have told him that we now are 5 people on BeoWorld who are experiencing this problem.

But so far i can narrow it down to us who are using a HDMI device as a set-top box, this leads me to beleive that it has something to do with the "pin8" issue when using SCART cable. I don't think B&O has thought the whole HDMI issue through.

But.... I think that we shall keep calling our dealers and tell then about this issue, it is an issue introduced with the 4.24SW, so they should be able to fix it. Let the dealers know that they can follow this thread on BeoWorld if they don't beleive us.

/Weebyx

• 08-02-2008 6:28 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

I have let my local dealer know about this thread and both B&O UK and B&O HQ are 'looking in to it'. B&O UK thought it might be an STB issue, like you say, but surely B&O test their TVs connected to an STB box via HDMI? I wonder how much testing a sw update gets, before it is given the green light?
  • 08-02-2008 6:53 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:
    I have let my local dealer know about this thread and both B&O UK and B&O HQ are 'looking in to it'. B&O UK thought it might be an STB issue, like you say, but surely B&O test their TVs connected to an STB box via HDMI? I wonder how much testing a sw update gets, before it is given the green light?

I think that they switch the tv on, connects a HDMI source, sees that it works, fine.... SW released :)

The problem is a *** to troubleshoot on, i cannot "make" the tv turn off, there is no specific sequence of events i do that triggers the switch off. One night i can watch 2 movies from my PC without the problem, the next night it turns off 2 times within 3 hours.

/Weebyx

• 08-02-2008 10:41 AM In reply to

Can yours problem be that, SW 4.24a not is right connectet to your Television  with  your installation ?. I have no problems with my Television.
    Best regards Peter Pan.
  • 08-02-2008 11:41 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Peter Pan:
    Can yours problem be that, SW 4.24a not is right connectet to your Television  with  your installation ?. I have no problems with my Television.
    Best regards Peter Pan.

What do you mean by "not right connected" ?

Do you have HDMI boxes connected to your television, without using SCART cables, or are all your boxes connected via HDMI AND SCART ?

I have a PS3 and MediaCenter PC connected, both via SCART, when using the PC the turn off problem is there, when using my Sagem ICD-60 that is connected via SCART, the problem is gone.

Therefore the problem is related to boxes connected via HDMI WITHOUT SCART. I had no problems with my setup prior to SW 4.24, and i have not changed anything since i got a new TV. The TV i have now is not updated by the dealer, it came from B&O with SW 4.24 installed.

/Weebyx

• 08-02-2008 1:09 PM In reply to

I say, are you sure B&O have installed SW 4.24 right ?. If I wars you I will tray to update again.
  • 08-02-2008 2:04 PM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Peter Pan:
    I say, are you sure B&O have installed SW 4.24 right ?. If I wars you I will tray to update again.

The SW is NOT installed by the dealer, it was a brand new tv from 3 weeks ago, it came with 4.24 from the factory, and all the SW information in the tv is correct, the dealer has been here with his laptop, but the program said that the tv was up to date.

/Weebyx

• 08-03-2008 6:44 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

yeah im affriad my tv has sky plus connected to it via HDMI and when the scart lead is not conected also the STB sends "what it feels like " rather than the correct commands and also the TV well i woudl nto say it turns off it crashes to off.

it does this when using only HDMI when i connect a scart lead it works perfectly so yes the issue is with pin 8 and 21 the tv when it does not have the scart lead it crashes.

lets keep giving B&o some **** so they can fix this i love the way that u report it and as someone above says u get the well no one else has this problem.

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 08-03-2008 8:23 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

seanklemis:

it does this when using only HDMI when i connect a scart lead it works perfectly so yes the issue is with pin 8 and 21 the tv when it does not have the scart lead it crashes

Not here. I've had the same setup since December 2004 (HDMI/scart for my Sky STB), first with my BV7-32 and now the BV7-40. However, the turning off (yes, it's almost like the TV crashes..) has only started since sw 4.24. So, with scart connected, and working fine, before sw 4.24 my TV never crashed.

• 08-03-2008 10:14 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:
    seanklemis:

it does this when using only HDMI when i connect a scart lead it works perfectly so yes the issue is with pin 8 and 21 the tv when it does not have the scart lead it crashes

Not here. I've had the same setup since December 2004 (HDMI/scart for my Sky STB), first with my BV7-32 and now the BV7-40. However, the turning off (yes, it's almost like the TV crashes..) has only started since sw 4.24. So, with scart connected, and working fine, before sw 4.24 my TV never crashed.

Exactly, it is a SW 4.24 problem, that involves the Pin 8 issue of connected STB's

/Weebyx

• 08-06-2008 7:32 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

has anyone heard from B&O if they are fixing this issue or just going to have to wait until next update??

have B&o said anything yet

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 08-06-2008 1:10 PM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

seanklemis:

has anyone heard from B&O if they are fixing this issue or just going to have to wait until next update??

have B&o said anything yet

No, the project manager on BV7 is on vacation now, and there will not be any(major) action until the summer is over, i have reported 2 errors to my dealer/B&O.

1: The "crash to off" problem, but the new progress we have made in here to narroe it down to a pin 8 issue, has not been reported to my dealer yet, the "technical guy" who is servicing me is also on vacation for 1 more week.

2: There is still a picture tearing problem when showing 24p movies from PS3. The new progress i have mad but not yet told my dealer, is that the tearing problem is only a problem when you connect the PS3 as as "Sony Playstation 3" in the media menu of the tv, when the PS is f.ex an unknown set-top box or unknown dvd, the problem is gone. And that also explanes that my MediaPC is not having the tearing problem when outputting 24p movies.

So have some patience for one more week, and then i hopefully has more info. I have had very good experience with the B&O customer service, when i first bought my bv7-32 i realised that there was not implementet PCM DD5.1 in the decoder of the tv, and i had B&O program a new sound chip so my tv finally did support PCM sound from my tv. I was the only one with that SW in a BV7-32 :)

I have confidence in that the problem is going to be solved, i have a great relationship with my dealer, and the dealer is also keen on having the problems solved. He is as frustrated as i am.

/Weebyx

• 08-06-2008 4:58 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Weebyx:

No, the project manager on BV7 is on vacation now, and there will not be any(major) action until the summer is over, i have reported 2 errors to my dealer/B&O.

Nice of him to be sunning himself on the beach after signing off the sw that causes our BV7's to switch off :) If that was my company and I experienced that kind of issue, with customers who spent £9K on our product, I'd be told to come home early and get it sorted.

Page 2 of 16 (388 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »