in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-23-2011 4:36 PM by kallasr. 132 replies.
Page 4 of 6 (133 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-18-2011 6:09 PM In reply to

• hilton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-18-2010
    • Aus
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beovision 4 - 65 replica can any one help me.

i got my idea for the gold from

http://stuarthughes.com/newdawn/product_info.php?products_id=99

ever since then i just wanted to pimp out my pad in Gold.

pls under stand that im not trying to make a living from making fake B&O bv4 65"

its just a one off.

JUST A FRAME.

• 06-18-2011 6:50 PM In reply to

• hilton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-18-2010
    • Aus
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

the gold setup i want

this is a photo shop pic to show you the look i want in 24k gold.

Filed under:
  • 06-18-2011 6:51 PM In reply to

• hilton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-18-2010
    • Aus
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

the gold setup i want

this is a photo shop pic to show you the look i want in 24k gold.

Filed under:
  • 06-18-2011 6:52 PM In reply to

What about the idea of having a custom frame made for you by a local metal shop? I work with metal shops all the time on large projects when they do custom details in clients' homes. They're always going on about how they can make a cooler frame than the B&O ones. Why not see if such a person is working where you live and commission a truly unique and personal piece?

You get a one of a kind TV of your own design and a local craftsman gets paid work. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 06-18-2011 6:57 PM In reply to

• hilton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-18-2010
    • Aus
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

ive seen people make 24k solid gold olufsen be4.

likebl600

Filed under:
  • 06-18-2011 7:03 PM In reply to

• hilton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-18-2010
    • Aus
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

it is cheaper and faster if i get a B&O frame. plus you can't get better then B&O craftmanship.

there brush ali is the best i have ever seen and i can only picture in my head how good there gold would be.

i have never seen there TVs i gold here.

i wolud love to see one in Auction.

Filed under:
  • 06-18-2011 9:41 PM In reply to

Peter close this thread, we are now into  putting a gold frame on a Panasonic, if anybody knows a forum for Panasonic please post it here and Hilton can go there, where he really belong. My short fuse is nearly igniting, and I may start out like Trip, with whoom I agree.

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 06-19-2011 2:12 AM In reply to

• Karla
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-19-2008
    • USA
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

I am with TripEnglish (fake Rolex) and Soren Mexico (close the thread) on all counts. While this reminds me of when people put AMG on their standard Mercedes, or attempt an “upgrade” with their S430 by changing the badge to S600, at least they started with a Mercedes in the first place.

• 06-19-2011 2:48 AM In reply to

It is all starting to look dreadfully garish I must say , gold plated stuff just reeks of tackiness and poor taste imo.

Isn't the whole point of bno to disappear visually , be impressive without being obtrusive ? That's what David Lewis seems to think anyway.

Isn't the whole point of bno to disappear visually , be impressive without being obtrusive ? That's what David Lewis seems to think anyway.

Also anything that Stuart Hughes produces is as far as I've seen an abomination . Diamond studded iPads anyone ?  Yeeeeuck.

• 06-19-2011 3:56 AM In reply to

I have been reading this thread with great interest, I have a saying which applies to me in a way also! "champagne tastes, lemonade pockets"

I love B&O but only my beocom 6000 is new! everything is bargain price low, this I almost believe to be the problem that B&O is almost unaffordable for my lemonade pockets!  

After messing about getting the frame and having it plated(or not) fitting the panasonic in there you could have bought a nice smaller screen that is a B&O genuine screen so why not settle for a 42" or is bigger better??

Cheers Nick 

• 06-19-2011 4:05 AM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

So a mere reseller of a B&O product takes it personally when an individual that by his own admission will never be able to afford a BV4 ( therefore not taking from B&O sales in anyway) - just defies belief

• 06-19-2011 5:08 AM In reply to

• hilton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-18-2010
    • Aus
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

beleave it or not but i have had 3 x BV 4 in the past.

i was happy with all of them i have owned the 50 and the 42" but i have sold them as i buy and sell B&O gear as a hobbie.

and right now i have around 9 Beovision all over the place most are CRTs BV1 ,BV3 BV avants DVD 28 & 32 ,MX4002, BV7 32, BV7 40 MX7000.

like someone wrote be4 that i own a lot of B&O items and i do.

i am a big collector of B&O and i have alot of there Beomics and also Love there Beovisons.

not a big fan of there beolab 4000, BL6000, BL8000, BL3500. which i have owened in the past.

I only love the pentas as i think they are vaule for money and they look sexy.

and you got to love the BL5, BL9, BL3 with sub.

basically i have owned most of the B&O range except the high ticket price product.

like i said i like my B&O products.

i want a gold 65" plasma i already have the panasonic like i said and a beosystem 2.

all i want to do to it is get a gold frame for it.

i wish that i could just go to a B&O store and buy myself a BV4 65. or the 85" but i cant i dont have that kind of money to spend on a tv.

im 25yo i work from home and try and make a living for the internet i dont make millions a year i just get by.

Filed under:
  • 06-19-2011 5:14 AM In reply to

Søren Mexico:

Peter close this thread, we are now into  putting a gold frame on a Panasonic, if anybody knows a forum for Panasonic please post it here and Hilton can go there, where he really belong. My short fuse is nearly igniting, and I may start out like Trip, with whoom I agree.

But why ??

For one thing - this is a HOBBYIST forum, for people who like the B&O brand ( in all aspects) ...this is NOT the official B&O website -where such draconian, holier-than-thou declarations would be more understandable - not because of any DK hubris, but because it is the "company line" that would (understandably) take priority.

But this is a fan site.  Lee(and others)  have previously re-coloured speakers and shown the mods here.  There are users here who make their own version of Beotimes, people who make their own version of cables, stands and who will "unoficially" use software to programme remotes.

All of which is fine....because that is what fan's do, and this is a fan site.

The OP may be doing something others find tacky, but there is no reason for personal abuse, closing threads etc etc.  The mock up shows what he is after - wouldn't be my choice, for sure, but this is a forum for users to discuss what they do with B&O.

There have been endless posts here about what people have done with old/discontinued/obsolete items...some of which have been modified.  Using an old Bsys 2 to drive a pana flat screen is hardly unheard of (some dealers supplied this combo, iirc, ) and sticking a B&O sourced bezel on it is hardly the work of a master forger.  

What about the iplayers built into various beosound/beocentres, or the removal of a vcr in an old avant to conceal a non B&O dvd.  Because a Bsys 2 is an old, obsolete item...should he just throw it away??   

There is an active thread on here speculating about how to build your own Beomedia - even with pictures of the (nonB&O) motherboard, and hints & tips as to how you can upgrade the spec, or use a 3rd party PC and a beolink-PC to somehow  "bodge" your own version.....even thoughts of buying the ML expansion port circuit board from B&O ( Erm) and using it in a multimedia PC.........is that really so far away from using a Bsys 2, a panasonic panel and a bezel to "bodge" your own MK1 BV4  ?

I've lost count of the people who assume my Beovision has SKY built in....because my B&O remote controls it, and it is hidden behind a B&O display....... Is the PUC system therefore a deception?  Lintronic exists to make your B&O remote (the visible bit) control non B&O stuff in such a way that it seems to be a B&O system.... so is this a con, or forgery.....no, but it isn't too much of a stretch to what the OP wants....its just unfortunate that his 3rd oarty item is the highly visible screen, and not an easy to hide away source or component.

A discusion forum is what it is - a forum for discusion.  The OP isn't setting up some illegal supply chain out of the far east to sell rip-off items on ebay or at car boots - so whilst I wouldn't personaly bother doing this, I just don't see the reason for the agression.

• 06-19-2011 5:20 AM In reply to

• hilton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-18-2010
    • Aus
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

mate i have had 3 BV4 in the past.

and i was happy wih all of them.

i just cant buy a new BV4 65" its to much.

but i can buy a frame. i already have the plasma and a BS2 .

i have seen on here that someone putting on a panasonic plasma to an avants body and every one like .

yo thats cool how did you do this and that.

just like that dude.

a panasonic plasma with a B&O product that i have paid for and a frame.

the frame is hard to get but now i am able to get it in from denmark.

i dont care for all the haters out there cause im not trying to sell it as a B&O.

i will repost with some pics when im done with my mod.

Filed under:
  • 06-19-2011 5:28 AM In reply to

Do whatever makes you happy, you are bound to get a bit of stick as this is a B&O forum and what you are doing is a "grey area"  

Good luck and post some pics

Cheers Nick

• 06-19-2011 5:30 AM In reply to

• hilton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-18-2010
    • Aus
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

Just to let you know that no one has givein me a SN.

i just had to call around  till someone wanted to help me.

the price i got for the frame verys from shop to shop i dont know why but they do.

giving someone $100 tip works wonders for you Big Smile

thanks to all the people who has help me.

i dont mean no harm by mod my plasma .

i just want to get what i wanted sooo bad a Gold setup.

Filed under:
  • 06-19-2011 7:20 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

355f:

So a mere reseller of a B&O product takes it personally..

No, I know my place!  I'll just crawl back under my stone then..

As for the thread - I'd lock it myself if there was a clear point of view by everybody.  As i said in my original post, it's a grey area.

It hasn't deprived B&O of a sale, nor will it as long as the OP doesn't sell it on.  Fake Rolex, Gucci, Louis Vuitton etc makes me sick as it's clearly defrauding the company which invests millions in design, research and brand building (which annoyingly has made the fakes desirable in the first place..) - thus making it rather pointless having the real thing if you can afford it (and are buying it as a status symbol).

As mentioned, it doesn't sit well with me putting a B&O frame on a Panasonic screen.  If the OP's friends are impressed by it, great. More fool them. If you're daft enough to believe a C-Class Mercedes with skinny wheels, cloth seats and a single exhaust pipe is an AMG creation just because some gonk has slapped a badge on the boot, then you're not worth trying to impress by having the real thing anyway.

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 06-19-2011 7:38 AM In reply to

hilton:

Just to let you know that no one has givein me a SN.

i just had to call around  till someone wanted to help me.

the price i got for the frame verys from shop to shop i dont know why but they do.

giving someone $100 tip works wonders for you Big Smile

thanks to all the people who has help me.

i dont mean no harm by mod my plasma .

i just want to get what i wanted sooo bad a Gold setup.

please someone close this thread. It is not about B&O, it is about how to fake a B&O.  Hilton can do whatever he wants, but I think it is too much.....

all sold!

• 06-19-2011 7:58 AM In reply to

I'm with folkdeejay here. I don't really see how this is any different from buying any visible B&O spare part or making a replica Beovox stand.

Personally, I don't care what happens here - I don't think I'll need a BV4-65 frame in my life, and it sure as **** wouldn't be a golden one - but I'm worried that making a huge fuss here may affect our ability to get any spares through a dealer, and that would be a catastrophe for the entire hobby.

Selling the resulting Frankenvision on as a genuine B&O would of course be a fraud, but whether the frame was sourced as a spare or from a parted out dead BV4 doesn't make any difference there - thus, I don't see that scenario as an argument here.

But if you need a forged serial number or bribing to get that stupid frame, take that crap out from the forum. I don't want to hear about it.

-mika

• 06-19-2011 8:41 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

No need to lock the thread, hopefully we are all much bigger than that!

As the OP seems to have now found a source for his frame regardless of folk's opinion, we should now leave this thread to fall away down the listings and out of mind.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 06-19-2011 9:49 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

hilton:

beleave it or not but i have had 3 x BV 4 in the past.

i was happy with all of them i have owned the 50 and the 42" but i have sold them as i buy and sell B&O gear as a hobbie.

Oh, and it's going to be any different when you're done with this embarassment you're creating?

It's astonishing how many people aren't putting 2 and 2 together here. 

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
  • 06-19-2011 12:05 PM In reply to

• Karla
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-19-2008
    • USA
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

Interesting reflection on values in this thread as the “do what makes you happy” philosophy gets supported by the “grey area” declaration. And while we try to use polite words like replica or simulated; a fake is a fake.

I’m not sure what shade of grey area is involved here. The television is either a B&O or it isn’t, and I really applaud the dealers that are standing up for the integrity of the brand and not helping to make this fake B&O a reality. Their posts have been justifiably blunt and there should not be a shred of apology called for or offered.  The area of fake product doesn’t look so grey to B&O and a dealer who helps facilitate fake products might have a very difficult time keep the dealership.

It seems that the OP doesn’t seem to want to sell his PanaOlufsen, but instead he seems to want to create this creature for his own use. As I stated in a previous post to this thread, it is akin to the guy who purchased a Mercedes S430 and upgrades the car with S600 badges. Unfortunately, none of these people will be able to experience the quality of the actual product. (Mercedes is having a particularly prickly time with people getting the Maybach badges and putting them on standard models.)

Since I cannot afford to purchase new B&O, I have chosen to purchase used equipment from the dealer instead of creating my own. I make carefully planned purchases from the dealer and I could not be happier. For the money that the OP is putting in faking this product, he might be able to work with a dealer to find a nice piece of used genuine equipment.

• 06-19-2011 12:31 PM In reply to

Like with anything else fake though, you may be able to fool others but really you are only fooling yourself!  I understand the aesthetic reason behind his desires, but thats where the magical experience with B&O ends 

• 06-19-2011 3:17 PM In reply to

I am not sure how we ended here.

We actually had discussed something like this before. Maybe one can look at it like a nice little DIY project.

It's for sure not done by just slapping the screen on. One will have to deal with the glass and Beo4 control and so on. That will take a lot of energy.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 06-19-2011 3:54 PM In reply to

• Dude1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-18-2007
    • London
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

Whistle

perhaps this is why B&O reached the brink...

Page 4 of 6 (133 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >