in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-23-2011 4:36 PM by kallasr. 132 replies.
Page 3 of 6 (133 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-18-2011 2:57 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Re: Beovision 4 - 65 replica can any one help me.

Don't like when somebody is called low life. Maybe his occupation is immoral, but probably still legal. Who are we to judge members value as human beings?

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 06-18-2011 4:05 AM In reply to

Daniel:

Don't like when somebody is called low life. Maybe his occupation is immoral, but probably still legal. Who are we to judge members value as human beings?

+1

BS 1, BeoCom 2, 2x LC 2, Form 2,  BS 2, BS 3, 2x Beo 4, BS 5, BM 5, BL 5,Beo 6, BS 6, 2x A8, BV 8-40, BL 8000, 3x A9 Keyring, Serenata, BeoTime, BeoTalk 400

• 06-18-2011 6:29 AM In reply to

Trip once again showing why he won customer service person of the year.

Not.

The funniest thing about some dealers is they act like they're on the same level as the customers they sell to , which I find is more than often not the case. Not unlike an estate agent who works in mayfair , acts like he owns the place , talks down to people but actually lives in a bed sit in tower hamlets .. Tragic

• 06-18-2011 7:59 AM In reply to

You mean that award was a fake???

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 06-18-2011 8:25 AM In reply to

Not sure I like the way this thread is going. I will make two points:

1. I don't actually have a problem with someone modifying the frame of a Panasonic set to mimic that of a BV4. Seems a little pointless as the clever bit is the processing and I look at the TV and not the frame, but each to his own. However I do object to obtaining a frame by deception - and cannot condone asking members here to join in this deception. I doubt that this would happen anyway. If the OP can get hold of a frame legally, I have no problem, though I imagine he has found that this is going to be difficult.

2. On the other hand, I think resorting to insults is uncalled for. I am rather surprised at these comments and disappointed by their source. I believe most owners and sellers of B&O have aspirations to being gentlemen or indeed ladies and resorting to this type of behaviour would seem to be beneath us.

If there are no more comments, I will close this thread tomorrow.

• 06-18-2011 10:19 AM In reply to

Trip - "low life" ??

A harsh conclusion and not really yours to make.

Some would pass a similar judgment on retailers who :

* Knowingly sell (near) obsolete technology at top dollar just before an item is discontinued. 

* Remove pre-programmed, factory shipped code from a remote, and then charge to recode it back in later on

* Restrict the over the counter supply of easy-to-fit parts for out of warranty items, just to ensure a labour (labor) charge can be applied

* Sell generic oem cables and interconnects for several mulitples of the rrp as part of an overall "install" cost

* Charge clients more per hour than a qualified eectrician for basic cable installation and termination services.

* Bill 5 hours for a 2 hour job

*Expected anyone to pay £800 for a DVD1, or £1600 for a Beomedia MK1

Just saying.....

• 06-18-2011 12:21 PM In reply to

Reminds me of my dealer responding to a query regarding how to expand the hdmi capabilities of the bv7 , apparently you can buy an hdmi extender but it's £3,600. 

Odd that as there's a geffen on the net that supports the bv7 , openly advertised as such , even bno give it their blessing and it's only £200.

Hmmm...

• 06-18-2011 12:51 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

alenvprekrsku:

Daniel:

+1

I dont like it either- its am americanism, regretfully becoming more popular over here. Its ironic that the individuals who use the phrase are little more than what they maintain others are! lets face it a B&O reseller isnt exactly the pinnacle of lifes acheivements is it!

• 06-18-2011 1:34 PM In reply to

Apart from the idea and thoughts.

Fitting a pana panel at a system 2 will not work.

The system 2 has to communicate with the panel. If that's not done properly, the system 2 will not even switch on the panel.

A B&O panel is preprogrammed pana panel, so it's recognized by the system (2 or 3). With the older panels (up to D7) you could do the programming yourself. But after that, you will have a problem.

Using Lintronic could bring you a bit futher, but it will never work as flawlessy as an original B&O system.

I have (for sale) an original BV5 (with D7) and was also thinking of changing the panel for a newer version.

But the thought that it never will work as an original and the additional costs (Lintronic, frame, lots of other parts) AND that the pana panel will never be same as the calibrated panel (correct colours, greyscale etc) to the B&O standards, made me choose for an original BV9 mkIII with the build in calibration camera.

Ok, it costs more, but that will pay itself back as you know it's an original, it works flawlessy and you will never have the thoughts of how to improve or tweak your selfmade B&O as you will always have the idea/thought of improving it.

I simply enjoy every moment I'm looking at my B&O.

• 06-18-2011 1:39 PM In reply to

I've edited this post to be a bit less harsh. My disappointment has shifted largely from the OP, who is clearly set on doing what he's doing, to some of the BeoWorlders here. Not everyone has participated on this thread, and some have even agreed with myself, Russ, & Alex, but I'm truly disappointed in those actually sticking up for what this guy wants to do.

It goes beyond the legality of sticking an aluminum frame on a TV, which is very likely perfectly legal unless he attempts to sell it, but no one seems to have any issues with his desire to deceive his friends. Given his brazen requests for peoples complicity in this dupe, he's clearly a guy who's below the board on basic issues of morality. 

I've often wondered at the type of person who carries a fake Gucci Purse or wears fake whatever brand sunglasses. It's damaging to the very thing that makes them so special and desirable in the first place. Someone or some company expended their creativity and resources to make a product that people want. It's hugely disrespectful to take that products identity and slap it on some other item, quality discrepancy aside. It's just one more branch on the tree of copyright infringement that's making it harder and harder for brands to bring truly great products and concepts to market. Someone will always be out there who thinks, "who cares if I steal this music, copy this bag or watch design? I can, so I will."  

We're not talking about the sort of poor taste when someone paints a picture of their girlfriend on the hood of their car. We're talking about the deception of trying to say one thing is actually another. It's a pitiable credulity that allows someone to think that someone does this "just 'cause." The only possible motive is to pass off an inferior item as a superior one and lie, in some measure, to anyone who sees or interacts with it. If that's OK with you and you don't find it worthwhile to even toss of a sentence or two of even mild condemnation, then I wonder what else sits easily with you that wouldn't with me. 

So demean me if you wish, but I'm happy to have contributed the posts that I have on this thread and happy they reflect the shame and pity I feel for the poster and those who've voiced their support for him.  

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 06-18-2011 1:51 PM In reply to

I think Peter should just close this thread before it gets out of hand.

• 06-18-2011 1:58 PM In reply to

I agree with Peter this thread is getting out of hand. There is absolutely no need to reach this level.

Vince
  • 06-18-2011 2:15 PM In reply to

Maybe we should have a seperate forum for dealers , like they do on other forums

They're obviously superior to us mere mortals

• 06-18-2011 2:32 PM In reply to

Flappo:

Maybe we should have a seperate forum for dealers , like they do on other forums

They're obviously superior to us mere mortals

I don't think it's a bad idea that there's some designation in our profile that we're dealers. I'm pleased that most of the dealers who participate regularly do so from a personal standpoint. I don't think people would get much from us if we just came on here and spouted a corporate line and didn't get our hands dirty. In all the years I've been doing this I have yet to meet a dealer or a long-standing salesperson who wasn't very very passionate about the brand. If things that I read on here makes me grunt and bang my keyboard from time to time, I think that's generally for the better. When the insults and rock throwing stop bothering me, I'll know it's time to move on.

• 06-18-2011 3:06 PM In reply to

• Dennis
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-01-2009
    • Denmark
    • Posts 172
    • Gold Member

TripEnglish:
    I've often wondered at the type of person who carries a fake Gucci Purse or wears fake whatever brand sunglasses. It's damaging to the very thing that makes them so special and desirable in the first place. Someone or some company expended their creativity and resources to make a product that people want. It's hugely disrespectful to take that products identity and slap it on some other item, quality discrepancy aside. It's just one more branch on the tree of copyright infringement that's making it harder and harder for brands to bring truly great products and concepts to market. Someone will always be out there who thinks, "who cares if I steal this music, copy this bag or watch design? I can, so I will."

I totally agree on this one! I have a Beovision AV 9000 with Beolab Penta MKIII, Beolab 3000 and a Beosystem 3500. I would also like to have a flatscreen, but I can't afford a Bang & Olufsen, and I won't buy a non-B&O TV, or try to make a fake B&O flatscreen, as I love the Bang & Olufsen intregration, quality and design, so I live with my 16 year old Beovison AV 9000 (Which I think is the most beautiful designed TV ever) until I can afford a Bang & Olufsen flatsreen. I think there is something special by owning Bang & Olufsen. But there isn't anything special by owning fx. a Gucci Purse (Or B&O flatsreen in this case), if everyone suddenly has fake ones - The one with the original has maybe saved for this purse, or whatever it is, in a very long time, but who can see that, if everyone else has cheap, fake ones?

- Dennis

I was borned with a Beolink 1000 in my hand!

Ever seen a Beomaster 6001? I have one! Look here.

Main system: Beovision AV9000, Beocenter 2300, Beosystem 3500, Beolab Penta MKIII, Beolab 3000, Beogram 6500, Beolink 1000, Beolink 5000, Beolink 7000

Wish list: Beolab 2,

• 06-18-2011 3:29 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

355f:

... lets face it a B&O reseller isnt exactly the pinnacle of lifes acheivements is it!

Ouch! Laughing

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 06-18-2011 4:59 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Personally I often wonder about the type of person who values a Brand name more than the actual item (fake or genuine) it happens to be attached to.

I'm thinking of launching my owner designer T-Shirt line - instead of a "Puncher" logo, on the front they're going to have in large shiny letters "This T-Shirt cost me £499".

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 06-18-2011 5:15 PM In reply to

• hilton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-18-2010
    • Aus
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

@font-face { font-family: "Times"; }@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }p { margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }

i should be giving a chance to defend my self on this website.

I don’t know why you wont let me write comments on this as I have never wrote anything bad or wrong.

Ok I know asking for a SL is wrong and let me say that no one has givin me a SL.

Filed under:
  • 06-18-2011 5:34 PM In reply to

• hilton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-18-2010
    • Aus
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

@font-face { font-family: "Times"; }@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }p { margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }

Yes I admit that I run an adult site what is wrong with that?

Its legal where I live (Australia) and it’s a big industry here.

Don’t worry about what I did for a living we are here about B&O and not about my life.

• 06-18-2011 5:44 PM In reply to

TripEnglish:

I've edited this post to be a bit less harsh. My disappointment has shifted largely from the OP, who is clearly set on doing what he's doing, to some of the BeoWorlders here. Not everyone has participated on this thread, and some have even agreed with myself, Russ, & Alex, but I'm truly disappointed in those actually sticking up for what this guy wants to do.

It goes beyond the legality of sticking an aluminum frame on a TV, which is very likely perfectly legal unless he attempts to sell it, but no one seems to have any issues with his desire to deceive his friends. Given his brazen requests for peoples complicity in this dupe, he's clearly a guy who's below the board on basic issues of morality. 

We're not talking about the sort of poor taste when someone paints a picture of their girlfriend on the hood of their car. We're talking about the deception of trying to say one thing is actually another. It's a pitiable credulity that allows someone to think that someone does this "just 'cause." The only possible motive is to pass off an inferior item as a superior one and lie, in some measure, to anyone who sees or interacts with it. If that's OK with you and you don't find it worthwhile to even toss of a sentence or two of even mild condemnation, then I wonder what else sits easily with you that wouldn't with me. 

So demean me if you wish, but I'm happy to have contributed the posts that I have on this thread and happy they reflect the shame and pity I feel for the poster and those who've voiced their support for him.  

Trip,

I just don't see that this deserves such vitriol.

If we accept the op at his word ( ie, it is for personal use at home ) the how is it different to several other mods I have read about on here - such as:

* Putting flat panels onto AVANT chasis - picture threads have been posted here more tha once,  and loads of people praised the mod, which amounts to a non B&O panel purporting to be an AVANT update.

* B&O items refinished or recoloured to non standard versions....as these don't exist from DK, they must, at one level, be considered fakes, or forgeries.  Orange Blab 2....white Blink1000, white Blab 4000 etc etc.

* Third party integration into beolink that is unbranded/uncredited...To the casual observer, they are just part of the B&O system. 

In essence,tThe whole PUC system is a way of controlling (hidden) 3rd party items that seem to be B&O at a glance (a digibox slung behind a TV controlled by a Beo5/6)   DK still produce inbuilt digital tuners for some markets/platforms but not others.... so is a pana screen driven by a BSys2 really  that different to a Pana digibox supllying a BV xxx ...... not really.

Sticking a bezel on the front of a pana screen is a rebox - but then so are dvd1, dvd2, Beocordxxx and mx1500  etc etc.  Plus - we all know that the early BV4 was nothing more than a pana with a bezel, and a tiny tweak to the on/off control....only later panels have anything uniquely B&O about them.......so he isn't exactly replacing a rolex with a chinese made electronic fake Rolix ..... he will have what amounts to 95% of a BV4Mk1.  A fake watch doesn't have ANYTHING sourced from the original maker.

So....give the guy a break....he just wants a panel that looks like a BV4, on the end of his (budget)  B&O kit at home.

IF he sells it....different story.

• 06-18-2011 5:49 PM In reply to

• hilton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-18-2010
    • Aus
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

my first mod was the

24k penta and it did not cost me much as i did it myself.

I got a kit on ebay and i started doing my Iphone first then the beolab penta's and then the beo4.

I fill like i got the midas touch now and want all my item covered in 24k gold.

I only did the stainless steelpar of the penta's in  gold and the bottom amp part is gold leaf which cost me around $40 for 200 sheets of gold leaf.

the stand part was strip off its silver finish and was replace with gold leaf.

im still not finish as im not happy with my amp part as i might have to strip the gold leaf and spray paint it in 24k gold .

im in the process of doing that now.

its in my mates shed so i cant take a photo of it yet . but i will post photos of it when finish.

this was the only reason for me wanting the B&O BV4 65 frame.

Filed under:
  • 06-18-2011 5:50 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Hilton, pay no attention to the supreme being watching and judging us mortals. You are always welcome to talk about B&O. I don't care about what you do for living.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 06-18-2011 5:55 PM In reply to

• hilton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-18-2010
    • Aus
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

look im not wanting to do this to pass it off as a BV4 65"

i want a Gold TV and B&O has a Frame in gold.

it will go with the Gold Look im going for.

that is why i want to do this.

its hard to find a plasma that i not plastic

spray panting 24k on to plastic looks cheap.

b&O the only plasma i know that does it in gold.

• 06-18-2011 5:56 PM In reply to

• hilton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-18-2010
    • Aus
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

thanks mate!

Filed under:
  • 06-18-2011 5:58 PM In reply to

folkdeejay:

Trip,

I just don't see that this deserves such vitriol.

If we accept the op at his word ( ie, it is for personal use at home ) the how is it different to several other mods I have read about on here - such as:

* Putting flat panels onto AVANT chasis - picture threads have been posted here more tha once,  and loads of people praised the mod, which amounts to a non B&O panel purporting to be an AVANT update.

* B&O items refinished or recoloured to non standard versions....as these don't exist from DK, they must, at one level, be considered fakes, or forgeries.  Orange Blab 2....white Blink1000, white Blab 4000 etc etc.

* Third party integration into beolink that is unbranded/uncredited...To the casual observer, they are just part of the B&O system. 

In essence,tThe whole PUC system is a way of controlling (hidden) 3rd party items that seem to be B&O at a glance (a digibox slung behind a TV controlled by a Beo5/6)   DK still produce inbuilt digital tuners for some markets/platforms but not others.... so is a pana screen driven by a BSys2 really  that different to a Pana digibox supllying a BV xxx ...... not really.

Sticking a bezel on the front of a pana screen is a rebox - but then so are dvd1, dvd2, Beocordxxx and mx1500  etc etc.  Plus - we all know that the early BV4 was nothing more than a pana with a bezel, and a tiny tweak to the on/off control....only later panels have anything uniquely B&O about them.......so he isn't exactly replacing a rolex with a chinese made electronic fake Rolix ..... he will have what amounts to 95% of a BV4Mk1.  A fake watch doesn't have ANYTHING sourced from the original maker.

So....give the guy a break....he just wants a panel that looks like a BV4, on the end of his (budget)  B&O kit at home.

IF he sells it....different story.

Call it what you will, but I take it personally when someone wants to pass off an inferior product as something that I sell. There is a very clear difference between modding and replicating. If someone wants to put a flat panel TV on an Avant chassis, more power to them. It's probably a creative use of the Avant chassis. I also have no problem with his gold application to the Pentas. Those things are a matter of taste, if anything. 

My problem is the clear desire to make his Panasonic into a BeoVision 4. 

It's one thing, for example, to wear an Invicta watch that looks almost exactly like a Rolex GMT Master. I wouldn't do it (and I'd probably sue Invicta if I were Rolex), but fine. As soon as you put a Rolex logo on it, however, the line is crossed. It goes from an imitation to a forgery. That's not OK and I'm sorry to think that anyone who takes the time to turn that idea over in their head can come out thinking it is. 

If he wants an aluminum frame, find a local metal worker. They're everywhere and probably hungry for work. Let him make something that's completely unique so that it's your creation and not a replica of something else. Pay homage to the BeoVision 4, but don't fake it. 

Page 3 of 6 (133 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »