in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-23-2011 4:36 PM by kallasr. 132 replies.
Page 6 of 6 (133 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-21-2011 1:21 PM In reply to

Re: Beovision 4 - 65 replica can any one help me.

I think Tue's new awareness of the bizarre pricing structure at bno should help things . when other companies lower their prices , their's actually go up !

That can't continue indefinitely .. obviously   Big Smile

• 06-22-2011 5:25 PM In reply to

• tkl95
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-10-2007
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

I have the official 65" B&O so this has been a very interesting discussion to follow.

I personally do not care if people change or fake their product for personal use, I prefer to buy it as long as I can afford it, but these days the pricing will lead to end of B&O's as a company.

I'm also surprised to see how some people are replying not always nice and open minded, and it looks some of them are dealers.

Let's not forget the real reason why B&O does not sell anymore frames and fronts. It is mainly because in the past several dealers build fake B&O's and sold them for the real price. That stopped when an owner went directly to B&O for an issue. Not finger pointing to dealers etc. and it might not have occurred in the UK, but for sure it has been the case in other countries.

That's maybe a point to also consider before janking on a forum member sharing/asking for opinions.

TK

• 06-22-2011 5:34 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

tkl95:
    It is mainly because in the past several dealers build fake B&O's and sold them for the real price. That stopped when an owner went directly to B&O for an issue. Not finger pointing to dealers etc. and it might not have occurred in the UK, but for sure it has been the case in other countries.

Well that's news, can you explain further?

p.s. It's also good to have someone who's paid the "full price" who disagrees with some of the comments in this thread, and who also opposes the "it's only because you can't afford it" mentality!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 06-22-2011 6:52 PM In reply to

I have a "fake" BV4 -it's a Fujitsu-Siemens in my office Big SmileWink

Well -ofcourse it fools nobody, while there's a big Fujitsu-Siemens logo on it -but i'll guess the designer had seen a BV4 Hmm

Anyway -interesting thread, this one. I'll not be the one to applause fake BnO...if someone pretends it's the real thing. But I must say that the B&O prices has gone "over the top" -to a level where I can not afford it any longer.
    Especially when (for an example)  the BV4 is mostly a Panasonic dressed in a nice frame, the price is rediculous...I know that the costs are very high in Denmark (as I live here) but I can really not see why you must pay 10 times the price (or even more) because some danish workers put a nice frame on it Wink
    Back in the days of CRT, the TV's were assembled in Denmark - the price was only a few thousand DKKR over a comparable Philips or Sony or whatever -and the B&O was MUCH better looking. In those days there was at least 3 B&O models on the top 10 list of the most sold TV's in Denmark -today there's none...

I still have my BeoVision 3 for daily use in the livingroom -but when I buy a flatscreen it's not gonna be a B&O. I like the price of the BV8 -but I don't like the design...

• 06-23-2011 9:11 AM In reply to

• root
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 163
    • Silver Member

did that some years ago, mounted a bezel from a dummy panel on a panasonic professional panel.

there was absolutely no difference to a genuine panel (wich I own now...). neither technically nor designwise.

and it didn't look that bad:

so don't blame people for having their own ideas...

maybe this thread belongs to the workbench rather than the dealers general forum.

Marcel

• 06-23-2011 10:55 AM In reply to

I wonder if there is a "serial" input module that could be added to a Panasonic commercial screen that would enable on/off control by the BeoSystem?

• 06-23-2011 4:28 PM In reply to

I really like this gold set!! I am for the gold version.

BC2 DAB, Lab 1, Lab Penta, beo4, beocord 1101.

• 06-23-2011 4:36 PM In reply to

• kallasr
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Willich, NRW, Germany
    • Posts 1,077
    • Founder

It is always there.... RS-232....

Just the service menu needs to be altered OR (newer displays - as I was told) the software/firmware of the panel (which I don't believe....I suppose some setting will be ok).

Ralf

My Beo: Beosound 3000, Beolab 4000, Beo 4 DVD,  Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000, Beovox S45.2 with Stands, Beosystem 7000 black with Beolink 7000, Beolink 1000, F1000 (3 cubes), Beovox 5000, Beovox 3000, Attyca 1.

Page 6 of 6 (133 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6