in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-23-2011 4:36 PM by kallasr. 132 replies.
Page 2 of 6 (133 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-16-2011 1:06 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision 4 - 65 replica can any one help me.

hilton:

I love B&O products just as much as all of you in the site.

the thing is that im not rich and I have a addiction of collecting B&O items.

I know this sounds cheap.

But I know that I won’t be able to afford a 65’ BV4 even if its 2nd hand.

You have tonnes of B&O!! In fact, you have a 'business' buying & selling B&O on ebay under the handles of 'Beoauction' and 'bigfatmess'!!

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 06-16-2011 3:09 AM In reply to

Something about these mods are sort of interesting to me, while I wouldn't do this myself, I find some or most of the mods here done to B&O cool.

But isn't this a bit of faking it? Allright if you use it yourself in your private home, but there's always a slight possibility that someone down the road, after you got rid of the thing could get scammed into buying a real 4-65"...? 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 06-16-2011 3:15 AM In reply to

• hilton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-18-2010
    • Aus
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

how do did you know john?

yes i buy and sell B&O as a hobbie.

i love the stuff.

what gave it away?

was it my 24k gold beolab penta mk2  that gave me away who i was?

i can understand why people dont like my idea.

but im still giving B&O money for the frame.

so they still make a little profit off me.

i still want to do it as i have been thinking about this all day.

if i did sell it , i would take the frame off and sell it as a panasonic plasma and place the frame onto a 65" 3D plasma.

so having a frame will be future proof cause i can change my display to anything and anytime.

if panasonic comes out with a glasses free 3D plasma in 65" , i will snap it up in no time.

the thing about B&O TVs is that they Have the best looks then anything in the market but abit to late in tech .

im still not 100% that i can get this frame.

but i want it soooooooo bad.

if there is anyone that can help me pls let me know.

Filed under:
  • 06-16-2011 8:03 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

Jonathan:

You have tonnes of B&O!! In fact, you have a 'business' buying & selling B&O on ebay under the handles of 'Beoauction' and 'bigfatmess'!!

Sounds like this story might be unraveling a bit here!

hilton:

but im still giving B&O money for the frame.

so they still make a little profit off me.

Clearly you're missing the point of why some people have a problem with this here.

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
  • 06-16-2011 8:13 AM In reply to

The story gets more and more embarrassing for this guy. It's useless to try and dissuade him as he's clearly not concerned with how people perceive him. He wants to lie to his friends and put on a little show for people. So be it. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 06-16-2011 9:47 AM In reply to

I don't really have anything to say that Lee didn't express in his post, except...

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

• B&o bottle opener
  • 06-16-2011 10:17 AM In reply to

• hilton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-18-2010
    • Aus
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

nice.

did you find it hard to put the frame on your LG?

Im just leavin it as a Panasonic Plasma just with a B&O frame. i am going to connect the Beosystem 2 to it for the 5.1 sound.

also have you got a pic of your tv?

Filed under:
  • 06-16-2011 12:16 PM In reply to

I think Trip & Alex are over reacting a tad . Seems the guys just an enthusiast without the dough to realise his dreams.

• 06-16-2011 12:44 PM In reply to

"I think Trip & Alex are over reacting a tad . Seems the guys just an enthusiast without the dough to realise his dreams."

Agreed. Let's face it this is not about counterfit LV handbag offered for sale in a questionable shop. There is a clear distinction, legally, between "modding" and distributing a software image via Torrents, or selling counterfit goods.

Let's not take life so seriously. Afterall, one of your customers, you know the type that buy $500,000 custom installed systems throught their architects, managed by their personal assistants, etc. is definitely not going to be moved one way or the other by this "mod."

• 06-16-2011 1:05 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Why not just pay the £14400 and have B&O fit the frame for you!Laughing

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 06-16-2011 3:32 PM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

But then the B&O screen is different! Stick out tongue

• 06-16-2011 8:58 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Just a couple of quick points.  Since I am clearly in the same boat as Alex and Trip (though not always in the same camp....)

With regard to geting your hands on the frame in the first place; B&O are fiercely protective of their image.  In order to get a replacement frame here in the US, I am required to supply a B&O serial number for the panel.  An independent dealer risks his franchise (like Trip), Alex and I risk our jobs.  If you succeed, whatever you do, don't thank your dealer here.

Since someone has already brought up the car analogy, allow me to try a quick analogy.  I drive a VW Jetta (Bora) MK IV.  If someone at an Audi dealer were to help me replace the front clip with one from an '01 A4, very few people would be fooled, but on the off chance that someone walked up rom the front, and hopped in, there is a chance that they might think "Gee for that kind of money the interior/ride/engine refinement seems kind of cheap."  Given the tinted glass, the higher quality requirements, and other differences (however slight), even one of his mates decideing that his panel doesn't look special enough is a potential lost sale.

Unlikely, but there it is.

Russ

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 06-16-2011 10:47 PM In reply to

• hilton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-18-2010
    • Aus
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

@font-face { font-family: "Times"; }@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }a:link, span.MsoHyperlink { color: blue; text-decoration: underline; }a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { color: purple; text-decoration: underline; }p { margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }

Hay your right.

i cant do it because they do ask for the serial number.

i have tried to buy it here in Aus and every store tells me that i need a serial number of a  BV4 65"

This is why I need help . I really want  to do this  ive got the cash to mod it and I have been thinking about it for awhile now.

I can see a lot of you out there don’t like this idea and not a lot of you are willing to help me so I guest ill have to leave it as a Panasonic.

Unless I can get a random BV4 65” serial number.

I was never going to sell it as a BV4 65” , its just for me  and my home.

If I ever sold it I will keep the frame for my next 65” plasma.

If anyone can provide me with  a random serial number pls email me.

As I don’t want anyone to see it here.

hilton@aservice.com.au

or if you have a BV4 65” just give me your SN number without the last two digits.

And I also would like to thank every one that has help me so far.

Filed under:
  • 06-17-2011 1:40 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

Flappo:

I think Trip & Alex are over reacting a tad . Seems the guys just an enthusiast without the dough to realise his dreams.

And because I work for Bang & Olufsen I'm not?  Maybe he should do what I (and any other real enthusiast) does if he can't afford something ... Wait for a good deal to come up!

Also ... since it's already been brought up in this thread, it's not at all alarming that someone who makes a "hobby" of buying and selling B&O on eBay is trying to homebrew his own BeoVision 4?  What happens when he's tired of the 65"?  Do you really think he'll drag it out to the curb when he's done showing off to his mates?

There's a reason why Bang & Olufsen requires a serial number to purchase a new frame.  Think about that. 

• 06-17-2011 1:42 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

hilton:

@font-face { font-family: "Times"; }@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }a:link, span.MsoHyperlink { color: blue; text-decoration: underline; }a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { color: purple; text-decoration: underline; }p { margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }

Hay your right.

i have tried to buy it here in Aus and every store tells me that i need a serial number of a  BV4 65"

This is why I need help . I really want  to do this  ive got the cash to mod it and I have been thinking about it for awhile now.

I can see a lot of you out there don’t like this idea and not a lot of you are willing to help me so I guest ill have to leave it as a Panasonic.

hilton@aservice.com.au

or if you have a BV4 65” just give me your SN number without the last two digits.

Dude.  Is this really still not crossing that "grey area?"

• 06-17-2011 7:25 AM In reply to

• Dude1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-18-2007
    • London
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

It is possible. Talk to a friendly local B&O service centre.

• 06-17-2011 7:32 AM In reply to

• Dude1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-18-2007
    • London
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

TripEnglish:

Even if you're not embarrassed to ask about this, I'm embarrassed for you. Liking the look of something is not nearly adequate justification to try and fake it. Would you wear a fake Rolex because you like the look? Carry a picture of a woman you've never met and refer to her as your girlfriend because you like the look?

I repeat: enjoy your Panasonic. A Panasonic is what you can afford, a Panasonic is what you bought. It's not a bad TV, don't get a complex over it. Buy a second hand B&O screen when you can. Until then, a Beo 5 or Beo 6 can be programmed to issue commands to the TV directly or as part of a macro which should make the integration easier.

Isn't this what B&O have already done for years! The only thing different is they charge quite a bit extra for the honour.

• 06-17-2011 8:01 AM In reply to

• Dennis
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-01-2009
    • Denmark
    • Posts 172
    • Gold Member

hilton:

Hay your right.

hilton@aservice.com.au

And you don't think, that Bang & Olufsen check, if you are the owner of the Beovision 4 you give up the serial number for, since they ask for it? I don't know, if it is punishable to give B&O a serial number on a Beovision 4 you don't own, while you claim, that you are the owner... Maybe they will think, that you have stolen the TV? Unless you could show them a reciept, which you can't... I know this is the out in the extreme but: And the real owner of the TV with the serial number you gave B&O has accidental got his Beovison 4 stolen... Who do you think they suspect? This starting to move out on a downward path.....

I was borned with a Beolink 1000 in my hand!

Ever seen a Beomaster 6001? I have one! Look here.

Main system: Beovision AV9000, Beocenter 2300, Beosystem 3500, Beolab Penta MKIII, Beolab 3000, Beogram 6500, Beolink 1000, Beolink 5000, Beolink 7000

Wish list: Beolab 2,

• 06-17-2011 1:27 PM In reply to

No matter how strange, Hilton has every right to do whatever he wants, so long as he doesn't sell this as a counterfit. On the other hand, B&O dealers (and Factory) also have a right to do what they want. They can absolutely chose to sell, or not any single part or component at retail.

I just don't agree that this is the place to be emabarassed for people attempting to Mod their systems. The only critisism I have of Hilton is asking for help with Serial Numbers in a public forum.

I still defend the right for anybody to do anything they want, within the law. See here for proof that there's just no accounting for taste. Should Mercedes have been concerned? The guy didn't steal any of the parts, and can't sell this car as a Mercedes, so NO it's no big deal.

• 06-17-2011 2:39 PM In reply to

what he said :)

BV7-40 MKIV, BeoVision Avant 32, BeoVision 8-32, BeoLab Penta MKIII, BeoLab 6000 x 3, BeoSound 9000 MKIII, BeoLab 7-4, BeoSound 4000, BeoPort, BeoVox S45-2, ML/MCL Convertors, A8's & Form 2's. 

• 06-17-2011 6:37 PM In reply to

beo-ap:

No matter how strange Hilton has every right to do whatever he wants, so long as he doesn't sell this as a counterfit. On the other hand, B&O dealers (and Factory) also have a right to do what they want. They can absolutely chose to sell, or not any single part or component at retail.

I just don't agree that this is the place to be emabarassed for people attempting to Mod their systems. The only critisism I have of Hilton is asking for help with Serial Numbers in a public forum.

I still defend the right for anybody to do anything they want, within the law. See here for proof that there's just no accounting for taste. Should Mercedes have been concerned? The guy didn't steal any of the parts, and can't sell this car as a Mercedes, so NO it's no big deal.

So where is the line drawn re intellectual property and trademarks?

counterfeit is counterfeit, whether it's for public consumption or not.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/7331/chinese-manufacturers-sued-over-copying-designs/

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 06-17-2011 8:15 PM In reply to

@ hilton:

If you can afford 24k gold plating on your speakers and remote, then you should also be able to afford a BnO TV Stick out tongue Wink

-or maybe that's why you can not afford a B&O...Whistle

• 06-17-2011 9:12 PM In reply to

I disagree that counterfeit is counterfeit. While on a moral level counterfeit may have some universal definition, and while there are absolutely international conventions that define counterfeit, this is a legal term that is likely to vary somewhat from nation to nation. Furthermore, I believe the reference you make, precisely answers your own question. In this case the intent is to deceive for commercial gain.

Here is just one definition:

The process of fraudulently manufacturing, altering, or distributing a product that is of lesser value than the genuine product.

Counterfeiting is a criminal offense when it involves an intent to defraud in passing off the counterfeit item. The law contains exemptions for collector's items and items that are so obviously dissimilar from the original that a reasonable person would not consider them real. However, making a poor copy is no defense if the intent to defraud exists.

IMHO the clear difference is the intent to trade for commercial gain.

My sense is that we are not all going to reach agreement on this one, and I'm ok with that. I don't purchase counterfit goods of any type, I don't condone the practice. In fact I support strong protections to IP as a central element of modern, progressive societies. I just don't see how Hilton is infringing of B&O intellectual property.

• 06-17-2011 10:25 PM In reply to

Has anybody else checked what "aservice" is? 

This guy is a low life.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 06-17-2011 11:21 PM In reply to

TripEnglish:

Has anybody else checked what "aservice" is? 

This guy is a low life.

Agree with Trip on all counts on this thread, and here is the link to Hiltons website

I have removed this link - Peter

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

Page 2 of 6 (133 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »