in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-23-2011 4:36 PM by kallasr. 132 replies.
Page 1 of 6 (133 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-14-2011 3:39 PM

• hilton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-18-2010
    • Aus
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

Beovision 4 - 65 replica can any one help me.

hi i was wondering if i can make a replica.

i have a

TH-65PF10WK

its a 65" panasonic Plasma (i was told that B&O used the same panal)

i got it cheap on ebay and i also have a beosystem 2.

i asked B&O in Sydney australia to get me a price on a gold frame for the 65" and they told me that it will cost me $950

i have connected the beosystem 2 onto the plasma and it works fine like it was made for it. the only thing is that when ever i need to use the HDMI i have to change my input with the panasonic remote.

the beosystem 2 is not made for HD. i wish i had the money for a beosystem 3 but i don't.

now i was hoping that i could fix the frame onto the panasonic plasma so it lookslike a beovision 4 65 and use the beosystem 2 so i can use it like it was a B&O setup.

dose any one out there own the new beovision 4?

i was hoping that you could take a few photos of the side and the frame.

also if anyone out the has a beovision 4 65" pls get in contact with me as i really need the measurement of the frame.

thanks

hilton

my problem is that i dont know 100% if the frame will fit has any one out there tryed this?

i use to own a older beovision 4 50" and you can see that the fame would fit most 50" panel

Filed under: ,
  • 06-14-2011 4:03 PM In reply to

Re: Beovision 4 - 65 replica can any one help me.

It's not going to happen. Just enjoy your Panasonic. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 06-14-2011 4:24 PM In reply to

Look on page 57

Find a Dealer that can help you

http://www.abo-center.dk/Abo_center_2/reptips/diagrammer/Beovision/BeoVision%204%2065%20HD-D8%20Type%208959%20&%20899x%20From%2019324523.pdf

• 06-14-2011 6:07 PM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

TripEnglish:

It's not going to happen. Just enjoy your Panasonic. 

Geeked

You need the BV4-65 frame, the contrast screen, some tape and some self tapping screws - and the bezel of your choice. A sympathetic dealer can help you with the part numbers for these. The frame may be the most difficult part to get. The frame locates on the back of the Panasonic screen using the same screws as those used to secure the front surround of the Panasonic screen, which means that you can then place the contrast screen on the frame (using the tape to cushion it from the Panasonic frame), then attach the bezel. Not that you shouldn't put the bezel on the panel until you have everything working well, as you will be covering up the Panasonic buttons and IR receiver - although you can set up the panel with a PC and a serial cable otherwise. I think the guide provided in the last post should really help with the assembly anyway.

You need to get the Beosystem 2 changed to one that supports HD - and the way that the unit did this (as it had no HD inputs) was to have an additional option on the menus that, when a HD source was selected, would switch to the second input on the panel and you directly connected the HD source to the second input on the screen (the in-built VGA was the first). If you don't have this functionality, or can't change the Beosystem 2 then you can sort it out with a Lintronic box which would handle the switching via the serial port in the same way as the Beosystem 2 would do.

• 06-14-2011 9:27 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

Wow ... I'm actually a bit surprised this thread isn't locked by now based on the dodgy subject matter.  Anyone want to start a thread where we can all share our tips on manufacturing fake a8's too?

By the time you buy a contrast screen, all the ACM components and everything else you need to make a fake BeoVision 4, you just paid for a real BeoVision 4.  Save yourself the time, hassle and money by just buying the real thing.

Also, most dealers can't order many of those parts mentioned in this thread.  Your local dealer shouldn't have even sold you the front frame.

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
  • 06-15-2011 2:08 AM In reply to

• hilton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-18-2010
    • Aus
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

thanks mate this helps me alot.

: )

• 06-15-2011 2:09 AM In reply to

• hilton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-18-2010
    • Aus
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

thanks this helped me alot

Filed under:
  • 06-15-2011 4:20 AM In reply to

• kallasr
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Willich, NRW, Germany
    • Posts 1,077
    • Founder

I used to have a "fake" BV 4-42....

BS 2 (HD ready) + TH-42PW6 (not HD!), easy to do the changes the service menu of the display, autocontrast via IR eye...

BUT, when you want to go HD (change the display to a more recent model), you need a DVI Board from Panasonic AND the B&O Software to drive it, other change like ACM etc. will just not work.

So, just use the Display as you right now (just some little optical changes using the brezel etc.).

Maybe a Beo 6 could help....

Best regards

Ralf

My Beo: Beosound 3000, Beolab 4000, Beo 4 DVD,  Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000, Beovox S45.2 with Stands, Beosystem 7000 black with Beolink 7000, Beolink 1000, F1000 (3 cubes), Beovox 5000, Beovox 3000, Attyca 1.

• 06-15-2011 5:46 AM In reply to

this is the big problem b&o facing .

Why so negative Alex,TripEnglish ??

You can help now, and will surely return to the store that had given a pleasant experience.

Claudiu
  • 06-15-2011 5:53 AM In reply to

kallasr:

I used to have a "fake" BV 4-42....

BS 2 (HD ready) + TH-42PW6 (not HD!), easy to do the changes the service menu of the display, autocontrast via IR eye...

BUT, when you want to go HD (change the display to a more recent model), you need a DVI Board from Panasonic AND the B&O Software to drive it, other change like ACM etc. will just not work.

So, just use the Display as you right now (just some little optical changes using the brezel etc.).

Maybe a Beo 6 could help....

Best regards

Ralf

Have you also added the Beovision 4 look as alu brezel, etc?

• 06-15-2011 6:05 AM In reply to

• kallasr
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Willich, NRW, Germany
    • Posts 1,077
    • Founder

No I did not... I thought about getting some alu profiles cut to length and make a frame, but since I changed to a pioneer kuro, the display is now in the kids room (for the Wii), BS2 sold, I will not follow this idea.

But there should be some pics online (beoworld?) on how to remove the frame, breezel etc....

Ralf

My Beo: Beosound 3000, Beolab 4000, Beo 4 DVD,  Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000, Beovox S45.2 with Stands, Beosystem 7000 black with Beolink 7000, Beolink 1000, F1000 (3 cubes), Beovox 5000, Beovox 3000, Attyca 1.

• 06-15-2011 7:14 AM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

To me, the issue is not mean dealers destroying B&O.  It is completely understandable that some people would try to rebuild and/or refine their products, but I cannot imagine any respectable brand knowingly participating in projects that undermine it.  

The scenario of being a "good dealer" and selling those parts, getting a lot of recognition as a "good dealer" on BeoWorld, and getting to explain that to B&O, is just not that appealling.  Sort of like a Porsche store selling 911 body kits to put on VW frames. (OK, you probably have to be (way) over 40 to recall that.  Sorry).  Why not just buy a used product that is appropriate?  Then you don't have to paint an asterisk on the wall beside your "Franken-Olufsen" product.         

• 06-15-2011 8:18 AM In reply to

• hilton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-18-2010
    • Aus
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

look the only reason i want to do this is that i have a B&O sound sytem that im happy with and i love the look of the new BV4 - 65.

here in Aus we pay alot more for our products because of import fees and high taxs .

for me to buy a BV4 - 65' with a beosystem 3 will set me back $45,000 AUD thats like $48,000 USD.

i got the panasonic plasma for $1500 on ebay and $800 for the Beosytem 2.

I want to spend $2000 more to give it that B&O look.

the guy who gave me the price on the frame did not know that i wanted the frame to go on a panasonic plasma.

i told him that i want to change the colour of my BV4 65.

i am going to give it a go and i will post photo's up when i am done.

im not going to sell it to try and make a profit and rip someone off.

its just for me and my house .

Filed under:
  • 06-15-2011 8:27 AM In reply to

Even if you're not embarrassed to ask about this, I'm embarrassed for you. Liking the look of something is not nearly adequate justification to try and fake it. Would you wear a fake Rolex because you like the look? Carry a picture of a woman you've never met and refer to her as your girlfriend because you like the look?

I repeat: enjoy your Panasonic. A Panasonic is what you can afford, a Panasonic is what you bought. It's not a bad TV, don't get a complex over it. Buy a second hand B&O screen when you can. Until then, a Beo 5 or Beo 6 can be programmed to issue commands to the TV directly or as part of a macro which should make the integration easier.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 06-15-2011 8:46 AM In reply to

As far as I know the aluminium frame can only be ordered at Bang & Olufsen if you return the old one, or this must have changed.

• 06-15-2011 8:48 AM In reply to

• kallasr
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Willich, NRW, Germany
    • Posts 1,077
    • Founder

TripEnglish:

Even if you're not embarrassed to ask about this, I'm embarrassed for you. Liking the look of something is not nearly adequate justification to try and fake it. Would you wear a fake Rolex because you like the look? Carry a picture of a woman you've never met and refer to her as your girlfriend because you like the look?

I am not a native speakers, but I think this is being rude...
    I understand the OP's effort - if you cannot afford, why NOT try to get original parts (!) to make it AT LEAST look like the display you desire?
    He does not try to create something fake to take advantage of some other person etc. (I suppose most fake rolex are used to impress others...)

Ralf

PS: The "picture of a woman" part is just not the right "picture".

• 06-15-2011 9:32 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Time for me to chime in my two pence worth here, for what it's worth..

Okay. In principle, do i agree with putting a B&O frame on a Panasonic panel?    Well, no - it doesn't sit comfortably with me..

That said, there's a company who's been fitting B&O frames to Panasonic panels for a number of years now?  I think they are based in Denmark somewhere, possibly Struer.

Irony aside - and looking at it from B&O's perspective, the OP isn't defrauding anyone apart from himself!  It's his TV, he'd never buy a B&O 65" panel anyway - and B&O have made profit from the sale of a 65" surround and some spare parts.  The problem would only occur if he sold it on as a B&O product - which would then be fraudulent and frankly wrong on all levels.  

So - morally a grey area and technically just as grey.. which is why i didn't lock or pull the thread.

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 06-15-2011 9:39 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Go on with your project. As long as you don't sell it as a real BV4-65 but only keep it for yourself it's completely OK for me.

There are many who rebuild their cars to look like a Porsche or Ferrari, so why not a BV4? It must be much more simple.

There have been other projects here about making your own B&O (remember the wooden BeoVox 3?) and also some "fake" BeoVisions. Me and many more like these projects. Give us pictures!

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 06-15-2011 11:51 AM In reply to

exactly!!  while it is a rather grey area..... ( I don't think anyone is going to really want to buy a used Banasonic panel when he's ready to sell it assuming he doesn't run it dead) you can not fault the guy for wanting to modify his own screen to whatever he wants...... take this one for example http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/25169.aspx?PageIndex=1 . When I first thought of it, I thought man this is gonna be pretty janky.... turns out the guy knows what he is doing and it looks pretty cool (I would even consider buying one if we ever did something similar). Besides isn't the 65 discountinued now in Australia? you should be able to find some on the used market rather soon I would suspect if you can't budget a new one. What he is throwing at this panel in my mind should be saved and just use your Panasonic as a monitor with your BeoSystem as Trip said. Save it for the real stuff, but if your gonna do it atleast post pics for us :)... 

BV7-40 MKIV, BeoVision Avant 32, BeoVision 8-32, BeoLab Penta MKIII, BeoLab 6000 x 3, BeoSound 9000 MKIII, BeoLab 7-4, BeoSound 4000, BeoPort, BeoVox S45-2, ML/MCL Convertors, A8's & Form 2's. 

• 06-15-2011 12:52 PM In reply to

Hi there,

Good luck with your project! I also used a Beovision 5 frame with a LG 42 inch Plasma panel in the past.

Now I have a 100%  original Beovision 4-50.

all sold!

• 06-15-2011 2:20 PM In reply to

• hilton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-18-2010
    • Aus
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

@font-face { font-family: "Times"; }@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }p { margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }

Thanks man.

im still going to give it ago.

i have fallen in love with the looks to the new BV4" 65"

and thats the only reason for me doing this.

there is so many haters out there.

I love B&O products just as much as all of you in the site.

the thing is that im not rich and I have a addiction of collecting B&O items.

I don’t know why , I guest it started with my first beovision (avant 32 VCR)

And ever since then I will never be happy unless it’s a B&O product.

I know that B&O use the Panasonic panel for there BV4.

So that is why I got it.

Im happy with the picture and all but it the look of the plasma that I don’t like.

Its plastic and cheap looking.

There is no wow factor about the looks.

So my plans are to get the frame and the pole stand from STB

And slap a beolab 10 under it.

It will look likr the 85”3d  BV4.

I want the Gold frame as I have modified some B&O speakers.

I have 2x 24K Gold Penta Mk2 with a 24K Beo4 .

I just want to have a nice Gold looking setup.

And yes it is to show off to all my mates.

It puts a smile on my face when people say nice setup & what brand is that?

I know this sounds cheap.

But I know that I won’t be able to afford a 65’ BV4 even if its 2nd hand.

Filed under:
  • 06-15-2011 4:49 PM In reply to

I find some of the responses in this thread strange (IMHO). So I wouldn't necessarily do the whole make a Panny look like a B&O thing myself, but to even suggest that this thread be closed is just beyond me. He's not proposing to manufacture counterfit anything. Once you buy a product (in this case a Panasonic TV) you can do with it what you want. He can keep it, sell it, display it, whatever. He just can't, and shouldn't sell it as anything other than what it actually is.

There used to be lots of cars that were a VW chasis fitted with a fiberglass body that tried to replicate a much more noble automobile. I wouldn't have one of those, but there are very successful, and profitable business built around this model.

If you're willing to spend your money doing that, so be it. I'm not embarassed for people that don't do as I do. Oh, BTW I have a couple of very replica oil paintings that are on my wall. Never, and I mean never will I be able to have an original Velazquez on my wall, but why not enjoy it for what it is. I've never been embarassed, and nobody who has visited my home ever left with the impression that it was anyting more than a cheap reproduction! These replicas go well with my original B&O.

Wish you well on your quest to have whatever it is you want in your home.

• 06-15-2011 5:09 PM In reply to

• Dennis
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-01-2009
    • Denmark
    • Posts 172
    • Gold Member

24K GOLD PENTA'S? Surprise

Pictures please? Big Smile

- Dennis

I was borned with a Beolink 1000 in my hand!

Ever seen a Beomaster 6001? I have one! Look here.

Main system: Beovision AV9000, Beocenter 2300, Beosystem 3500, Beolab Penta MKIII, Beolab 3000, Beogram 6500, Beolink 1000, Beolink 5000, Beolink 7000

Wish list: Beolab 2,

• 06-15-2011 5:48 PM In reply to

Hilton,

I am sorry to see some less than desirable comments directed to you in this thread. It's not something I would do nor am I tech savvy enough to do what you are going to do, so good luck and bravo to you

Regards

Vince

• 06-16-2011 12:44 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

The subject of this thread is "BeoVision 4 - 65 replica" and we're honestly debating the moral grey area here?  I'm sorry but this goes beyond the imaginary line of what a lot of people here are considering "good customer service" and doing something that's going to undermine the brand.  While we're at it why don't we share some tips on making fake BeoVision 10's and let's post up some torrents of a BeoMaster 5 disk image so everyone can have their own at home without the nuisance of having to pay for one.  I'm sure some dealer who's clearly more customer focused than I would be elated to post the part number for the ML board!

In no time we'll be sharing our best practices on how to go about manufacturing fake A8's just so we can show them off when we go jogging.  My only question is exactly where do these "grey areas" end?

hilton:

And yes it is to show off to all my mates.

It puts a smile on my face when people say nice setup & what brand is that?

Those two sentences right there are what I have a huge problem with.  The brand of the frame is Bang & Olufsen, but something tells me someone who's looking to build a fake wouldn't bother to make the distinction when they're showing it off to their mates.

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
Page 1 of 6 (133 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »