in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-10-2008 6:53 AM by captain. 183 replies.
Page 6 of 8 (184 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-06-2007 1:37 PM In reply to

Re: BeoSound 6 first picture and details

Henry:

benjarys:
    Huh, who loves it? And why would dealers know more than us?

Well by now you all know I don't like it!

Benjy, dealers usually get to see the new products in Denmark before release, or atleast are given a detailed idea of what's coming out soon.

Ah, ok... Good to know!

Two Beo4 remotes, one BeoVision 6, greatings from a B&O afficionado :-p

• 06-06-2007 3:09 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Henry:

benjarys:

Benjy, dealers usually get to see the new products in Denmark before release, or atleast are given a detailed idea of what's coming out soon.

I wouldn't count on it Henry! Look at Beo5. We knew way before the dealers. Thanks to "Toubro"
    BTW how did the Spanish exam go? Bien o malo?

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 06-06-2007 3:16 PM In reply to

But it wasn't as if the dealers would tell us if they knew about it, would they?

Yes the exam went very well thank you!

• 06-06-2007 9:19 PM In reply to

Dear All:

It remains so that a single picture can, indeed, be worth a thousand words.  The replies make for great read of armed-chair designers and CEO.  Considering that no one has touched or seen the actual thing, emotions run high.  

Does the world need another MP3 player?  Does B&O need to produce another repackaged, overpriced, and limited device for its base of comsumers or is this to bring more people into the fold?  

Personally, I do not like the way MP3s sound via any B&O speakers.  Compressed music leaves too much to be desired.  Perhaps, marketing wise it may make sense but this market is well served by the fruity company.  I do not think B&O can produce as elegant software as Apple.

Just a thought,

rd

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I see no foe... Thoreau
  • 06-06-2007 9:48 PM In reply to

Not really turned on by the design. Was really hoping for something unique. 4 gig isn't big enough. With the developments in the area of solid state i think B&O should hold off and put a big flash drive in it....This won't fix the design problems though.

I'm noticing a distinct contradiction in terms of design here compared to serene. It was claimed that having the screen at the bottom was the way to go yet beo5 and beosound 6 have the screen at the top?????

I am excited to see besound 5 though....

• 06-07-2007 3:13 AM In reply to

• jonnyb
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-06-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 123
    • Bronze Member

The rationale behind the screen at the bottom on the Serene was to stop a user getting grease on it when they held it up to their ear. No-one should be doing this with the Beo5 or BS6 (unless they're a bit confused)
  • 06-07-2007 3:52 AM In reply to

I understand the rationalle behind not having the screen against the face however i'm sure that B&O sprouted some garbage about it making more sense when holding and using the phone too. If this is the case then I would think the same would be true for any hand held device with a screen.

just my 0.02...

jazz

• 06-07-2007 5:11 AM In reply to

jazz:

I understand the rationalle behind not having the screen against the face however i'm sure that B&O sprouted some garbage about it making more sense when holding and using the phone too. If this is the case then I would think the same would be true for any hand held device with a screen.

just my 0.02...

jazz

I think you're right that B&O claimed a cell phone is easier to use with the keypad above the screen, but whether this was specifically the case for the Serene and its circular keypad or all cell phones I don't know. I think my thumb would be in the way if I were to use my phone upside down!

• 06-07-2007 6:18 AM In reply to

What I've started to ask myself after seeing that picture is, will the BeoSound 2 still be available when this thing arrives. I'll have to start thinking about converting my music collection from AAC to MP3 then and just buying this while i can. I'm not very fond of it, because like the BeoVision 8 ( or even more ) it doesn't stir my emotions, the way most of other B&O products do. BeoSound 2 for instance, does that extremely well.
  • 06-07-2007 8:05 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

gorissek:
    ..., will the BeoSound 2 still be available when this thing arrives. ...
    I see no reason why BS2 should not be available any more. As far as I see, the BS6 will have integrated memory, whereas the BS2 has the SD-reader and is quite a different product. If BS2 was discontinued, I would get one asap, even if I would not use it very much.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 06-07-2007 3:30 PM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

jandyt:
    Henry:

benjarys:

I wouldn't count on it Henry! Look at Beo5. We knew way before the dealers. Thanks to "Toubro"
    BTW how did the Spanish exam go? Bien o malo?

Andy T.

As much as I love the appreciation, I can't take credit for the Beo5 as I wasn't the one who posted it :o)

Regarding the BS6, I don't see any jack input, so I'm assuming that this is at the top of the player. This is a thing that I find extremely wellthought on my Nano, as it has the headphone connection at the bottom, so when it's in yout pocket it will be upside down because of the wire, so when you pull it out of your pocket it will lay in your hand ready to use, whereas it would be upside down in your hand if the connection is at the top.
    Hopes this makes sense. :o)

• 06-08-2007 3:39 AM In reply to

It's a good point Toubro. I've also found it better with the jack at the bottom too because otherwise the wire has to trail around and underneath your hand, or over and infront of your hand and MP3, both being a little annoying sometimes. I don't think this would not make me buy an MP3 player, however it's a nice bonus if you have it.
  • 06-08-2007 3:46 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

I'll buy one!Stick out tongue

By the way everyone's reacting, it may just end up being one of those kinda rare collectors items (a la BeoLink 7000 Wall Bracket & Floor Stands) that people pass up and then a decade later pay more than they would have paid new for one.

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
  • 06-08-2007 3:52 PM In reply to

Alex, if you're buying the BS6 for collecting purposes then I guess it doesn't really matter what it does or doesn't look like, as long as B&O discontinue it pretty soon and don't make that many either.

I doubt many of us would mind if they did that either. Lol.

• 06-09-2007 4:39 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

Henry:

Alex, if you're buying the BS6 for collecting purposes then I guess it doesn't really matter what it does or looks like, as long as B&O discontinue it pretty soon and don't make that many either.

I doubt many of us would mind if they did that either. Lol.

I'm thinking like you Henry. This Bs6 will be surely discontinued in 1-2 years. Perhaps they're testing the demand for a x-gigabyte flash player.

• 06-10-2007 1:30 AM In reply to

Looks rubbish - come on B+O you can do better than that.

John 

• 06-10-2007 7:29 AM In reply to

I would rather have the Beosound 2 because atleast its orginal and interesting ! 

I can't believe B&O would make this ! 

T.Gibbs

• 06-10-2007 7:21 PM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

Again another fantastic bit of B&O Marketing.

Rather than making something new and original like the BS2 the BS6 is just plain, errrrrr well not nice (to be polite)!

It's even made me contemplate buying a BS2 as it looks so much nicer in comparison, so perhaps that was their wish to make people think the BS6 is so flipping awful that it makes them buy the beauty of the BS2! Stick out tongue

• 06-10-2007 7:36 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

I'd be very impressed if this was just a big ploy to fool us all, and the BS6 was in fact nothing like the photo.. Laughing

I'm sceptical only for the fact that the hand approaching it in the photo isn't exactly "manicured" for a professional photo shoot!

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 06-10-2007 8:53 PM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

Are you casting dispersions on the level of Danish manicures?Surprise
  • 06-10-2007 8:57 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

In this case... yes.

Laughing

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 06-10-2007 9:58 PM In reply to

• Wings
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 341
    • Founder

Alex:

I'll buy one!Stick out tongue

By the way everyone's reacting, it may just end up being one of those kinda rare collectors items (a la BeoLink 7000 Wall Bracket & Floor Stands) that people pass up and then a decade later pay more than they would have paid new for one.

There is a wall bracket for the Beolink 7000?

• 06-11-2007 10:30 AM In reply to

• Foxtrott
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Vienna, Austria
    • Posts 500
    • Founder

Wings:

There is a wall bracket for the Beolink 7000?

<off topic on>

Yes it exists. It was called LCS7000. It was basically a local conrtrol system for an extra room. It looked like the extra IR-Eyes you can buy now but had a charger module for the BL7000 included.

When not in use you could attach the BL7000 to the IR-eye and (afaik) a magnet would hold it in place.

They are quite rare. I saw one on ebay germany and one at a second hand dealer in germany... they were about 400€ used price.

Cheers

Foxtrott

<off topic off>

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."
    Henry VI, Part 2 William Shakespeare

Page 6 of 8 (184 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next >