in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-10-2008 6:53 AM by captain. 183 replies.
Page 8 of 8 (184 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-27-2007 4:30 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoSound 6 first picture and details

I actually think the BeoSound 2 sounds better playing 256 mp3 than my iPod does with lossless!

Also I'd agree that from what we've seen it would look better with the soft-touch coating. However, I might like the feel in real life so I'm not sure yet...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 06-27-2007 6:29 PM In reply to

wonderfulelectric:
    Not a bad design. Very timeless and also very boring. It can do much better with a magnesium shell coated with B&O famous soft touch. I do most of my ripping uncompressed so I will pass on this. I can't wait for the latest phone though. If they fail to delight me again, I will definitely splurge on a Vertu. 

Agree with the timeless design...maybe a bit too timeless as the design could be from the 90s!

Personally I think the Vertu is even more not worth its price compared to anything bang-olufsen! My friend my asia has one and when he came to visit me...he lent me his phone for a day...and others saw me using it...they asked me was that the lastest nokia? (about 2 years ago)...I didn't know what to say because it is essentially a nokia with very precious components! Anyway...side-tracking a bit...

• 06-28-2007 1:39 PM In reply to

Alex:

I actually think the BeoSound 2 sounds better playing 256 mp3 than my iPod does with lossless!

Also I'd agree that from what we've seen it would look better with the soft-touch coating. However, I might like the feel in real life so I'm not sure yet...

The beosound 2 is more punchy but uncompressed on Ipod sound more natural. My ears fatique easily with compressed music. They should really allow the playback of uncompressed formats so to exploit the excellent amplifier section of Beosound 2. 
  • 06-28-2007 2:12 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Which iPod are you referring to? I agree with you if it's older iPods, below the 5th generation, but my 80gb video has a poorer amplifier section and hence tends to yelp a bit at higher volumes and hence can be very fatiguing at higher volumes. IMO, overall the BS2 sounds better with 192 or even 256 compressed music than the iPod ever could.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 06-29-2007 3:24 AM In reply to

Alex:

Which iPod are you referring to? I agree with you if it's older iPods, below the 5th generation, but my 80gb video has a poorer amplifier section and hence tends to yelp a bit at higher volumes and hence can be very fatiguing at higher volumes. IMO, overall the BS2 sounds better with 192 or even 256 compressed music than the iPod ever could.

Oh I don't raise the volume of my ipod above 1/6 of the volume bar. I use in ear earphones from ultimate ears. They are good for travel. They block out most of the noise. I am using the same Ipod as you have I suppose. The BS2 is also not very convenient so it is just sitting here collecting dust. 
  • 06-29-2007 3:29 AM In reply to

I just made a new discovery. I tried the BS2 again with my very effecient earphones and the noise level is significantly higher than the ipods although I do prefer the richer sound though. I think I might actually prefer BS2. It was the earphones that made the Ipod possess a more natural sound I think, as much as I like the design of the earphones supplied, they are no match for my ultimate ears in terms of comfort and sound quality. 
  • 09-18-2007 1:39 PM In reply to

Beosound 6 have been officially announced, you can see all the details in their official website. Sooooo sad this is actually the real thing!!!!!!Sad
  • 09-25-2007 12:26 AM In reply to

• Damduk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-21-2007
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

I havent tried BeoSound 6, so can't tell about its sound quality. And i get to be cautious about its design, cause i havent actually seen it for real. Maybe it does not take a good photo. However, I think BeoSound 2 is much superior to BeoSound 6, because I believe that BeoSound 2 was made when B&O did not know much about mp3p, which intrinsically means that BeoSound 2 is built based upon B&O's own Audio system technologies, from which I can feel some tenacity of master craftmanship that does not compromise with the outside trend.
    On the contrary, BeoSound 6 is just like an axis of Samsung Z5 models that have some similar features to Ipod lines.
    I wouldn't say that BeoSound 6 is bad or something. But at least, it's no better than other previous B&O products. Where is B&O's own "idiosyncrasy" in BeoSound 6? :P

• 05-10-2008 6:53 AM In reply to

I have to say, that for the first time in many years, I'm slightly unimpressed by the design. I do like to go for looks, call me shallow, however the 6 isn't really floating my boat.
Page 8 of 8 (184 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8