in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-10-2008 6:53 AM by captain. 183 replies.
Page 7 of 8 (184 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-11-2007 11:33 AM In reply to

• matheyl
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • French Alps
    • Posts 228
    • Founder

Re: BeoSound 6 first picture and details

Does not B&O produce the clickwheels of Apple Ipods? That's what my retailer told me when presenting the Beosound 3...

Cheers, Laurent.

Avant 28 DVD, BC2, 2300, BL2500, 8000, to name a few...

• 06-11-2007 11:50 AM In reply to

matheyl:

Does not B&O produce the clickwheels of Apple Ipods? That's what my retailer told me when presenting the Beosound 3...

Cheers, Laurent.

It's doubtful Apple could afford having B&O supply them with the clickwheels! Big Smile

And the new iPods have different wheel functions than in the first ones. But the original iPod had a wheel that resembled that found in some B&O phones - though the interactive menu function controlled by that wheel was all Apple's.
    But it's kind of fun when people see the Serene and some of the B&O phones, and think that B&O are copying Apple.

• 06-11-2007 11:52 AM In reply to

matheyl:

Cheers, Laurent.

No its a company from the IT-business ,supplier of trackpads and so. Synaptics is producing the click&wheels for all Ipods. And Synaptics wasn't offering its technology to any other MP3 player

Again shame on you all, this is the fake BS6 :)

• 06-11-2007 12:57 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

How i would laugh if it was a fake photo!! Laughing

It would show a great sense of humour, and make many of us quite happy!

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 06-11-2007 4:49 PM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

Relief I think is the word, then again am not sure what Lee would be relieved over (if you excuse the phrase) either the shocking state of B&O fakes these days or the joy in the fact he can now comfortably book himself into the Struer Manicure Centre and get the service he deserves (again if you pardon the pun) Big Smile

Oh lordy it's all turning very double entendre – I'll get me coat Laughing
  • 06-15-2007 4:48 AM In reply to

Hi all, this is my first post here, however I’m a big B&O fan. I think that from one side the BeoSound 6 has some unique high-end stylistic, it looks very futuristic as any other B&O products do, but not that much uniquely and inspiring as it should be. I don’t like portable player so I wouldn't comment on price tag and anything else as for me only full blooded audio system makes sense. I do hope it is a prototype and a case study, and if released it will be something worth saying WOW.

• 06-17-2007 6:05 PM In reply to

It's ugly and overpriced to me. I have a 8GB Ipod Nano with A8 earphones. The simplicity from the portable player without screen looks more cool to me. This looks very cheap and not enough memory. The click-wheel is more user-friendly than a scroll-wheel

• 06-17-2007 6:42 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

As usual, I'm disappointed that so many people make such strong reservations about products before they've even seen them!

From the pictures I've seen, it doesn't look that great, but as I said, they're only pictures. BeoLab 5s aren't that special until you hear them, the BeoVision 9 isn't that special until you see it, the BeoSound 2 isn't that special until you feel/use/hear it. It's the same for any B&O product, including the BeoSound 6. 

Weekly top artists:                   

• 06-20-2007 11:34 AM In reply to

Alex:

As usual, I'm disappointed that so many people make such strong reservations about products before they've even seen them!

From the pictures I've seen, it doesn't look that great, but as I said, they're only pictures. BeoLab 5s aren't that special until you hear them, the BeoVision 9 isn't that special until you see it, the BeoSound 2 isn't that special until you feel/use/hear it. It's the same for any B&O product, including the BeoSound 6. 

Alex, I think all of our judgements have been upon the image and rumoured spec of the BeoSound 6, and we know none of us are certain what the real thing will be (with exception to a few dealers!), but from what we know currently, I think it is fair for us to critisize this BeoSound 6. It doesn't look like or sound like a B&O product, but of course that might all change when it's released.

• 06-20-2007 12:02 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

There's nothing wrong with judging a picture, but judgig the design for the whole product just from a picture isn't possible. Take the BeoVision 9 for an example, or the BeoLab 9s. Everybody thought they looked appalling when they saw the pictures. It's only once you've seen it in the flesh, touched it and used it that you can really truly judge a design.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 06-20-2007 12:07 PM In reply to

Alex:

Go on!! The Beolab 5 and Beovision 9 look stunning even in a picture and the BS2 certainly looks like no other MP3 player - whether that is a good thing is debatable but it couldn't be anything but B&O!

The BS6 is a copy of an average MP3 player with a rotten user interface. I hope B&O have improved this but I doubt they can do that much. I think the criticism is fair but will happily retract if it is shown that I am wrong.

• 06-20-2007 12:12 PM In reply to

Peter:
    Alex:

Go on!! The Beolab 5 and Beovision 9 look stunning even in a picture and the BS2 certainly looks like no other MP3 player - whether that is a good thing is debatable but it couldn't be anything but B&O!

The BS6 is a copy of an average MP3 player with a rotten user interface. I hope B&O have improved this but I doubt they can do that much. I think the criticism is fair but will happily retract if it is shown that I am wrong.

Peter Yes Smile (there's no kiss smiley - not that I was going to use it Wink)

• 06-20-2007 1:34 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Peter:

Well okay I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of what I've seen in pictures so far, but I reserve any further judgement until I've actually seen it in real life.

The real test for me though is the sound quality and iTunes/Mac compatibility and features.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 06-20-2007 2:06 PM In reply to

I hate to say it, but it doesn't sound promising!
  • 06-21-2007 4:08 PM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

I'm afraid that there is no turning back now. This evening as I was walking by the B&O shop at Kongens Nytorv in Copenhagen I saw a big poster in the window with the new MP3 player, inviting everyone to bring their own MP3 player so they can hear just how good music on the move actually can sound.

I apologize for the quality of the pictures, but my phone is an old Nokia 6230, and the pictures is taken through the window and security bars.

Beosound 6

Beosound 6

beosound 6

• 06-21-2007 4:21 PM In reply to

Thanks for the confirmation Toubro. Design wise I was pretty sure this was going to be the real thing. The only thing we don't know is how easy it will be to use, and how great the sound of the new BeoSound 6 really is!

Latest I've been told by a little black bird is that our rumoured £400 price tag is too high. We shall soon see......

• 06-25-2007 6:07 AM In reply to

Samsung is producing the Beosound 6. Have a look at page 79 in the the link below (PDF).

I don't understand that much korean but it's quite easy to think that it's that way.

대한민국정부 

• 06-25-2007 6:17 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Doesn't necessarily mean they have used a Samsung chassis. I think I'll be getting a 2100 to go with it!

Weekly top artists:                   

• 06-25-2007 7:27 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Peter:
    Alex:

i agree with both of you Alex and Peter. the bs 6 appears to be underwhelming but...

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 06-25-2007 5:16 PM In reply to

• beoben
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

And agaim im very very very disappointed! Thats not very B&O-ish

Sorry

I want a BV 10

• 06-26-2007 12:53 PM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

Went to my dealer said yesterday, and he didn't have any info on it, (at least that's what he told me). All he knew was that it was supposed to have release in october.
  • 06-26-2007 10:30 PM In reply to

Dear All:

I thought the original wheel was license from B&O.  Or at least the idea, may have been taken from the phone.  At some point, design conscious Apple CEO had B&O equipment in his home.

Wasn't it Picasso who said that good painters barrow and great ones steal ideas from others.

Dario

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I see no foe... Thoreau
  • 06-26-2007 11:35 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

Indeed ,the first generation Ipod was equipt with a wheel which physically rotated and was not touch-sensitive. The same which B&o invented. The big mistakes from B&O was that his patent was only restricted to phones and not to portable music players.
  • 06-27-2007 6:14 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

darioazul:
    Dear All:

I thought the original wheel was license from B&O.  Or at least the idea, may have been taken from the phone.  At some point, design conscious Apple CEO had B&O equipment in his home.

Wasn't it Picasso who said that good painters barrow and great ones steal ideas from others.

Dario

Yes, 'Good artists copy, great artists steal'. I believe even SJ has been heard to say it.

He has actually owned B&O for a number of years...

Edit: looks like Steve Woz also loves B&O

Weekly top artists:                   

• 06-27-2007 3:00 PM In reply to

Not a bad design. Very timeless and also very boring. It can do much better with a magnesium shell coated with B&O famous soft touch. I do most of my ripping uncompressed so I will pass on this. I can't wait for the latest phone though. If they fail to delight me again, I will definitely splurge on a Vertu. 
Page 7 of 8 (184 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next >