in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-10-2008 6:53 AM by captain. 183 replies.
Page 4 of 8 (184 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-04-2007 8:37 AM In reply to

• jonnyb
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-06-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 123
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoSound 6 first picture and details

I didn't mean the external design - I mean the insides, hence audio R&D design rather than industrial design
  • 06-04-2007 8:40 AM In reply to

Oh I see, I thought you meant audio dept giving their opinion towards the design to the design team. Yes I hope so too Jonny, but I personally only buy B&O that looks as good as it sounds.
  • 06-04-2007 8:47 AM In reply to

• jonnyb
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-06-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 123
    • Bronze Member

Considering David Lewis's new found love for curves, it doesn't seem as though he's had a hand in its looks, wouldn't you say?

I think they're a little damned either way - the BS2 was a lovely piece of industrial design that was criticised for its lack of screen and when B&O look like they're releasing something a little more conventional there will be people who say it's not different enough!

• 06-04-2007 8:55 AM In reply to

den kommer att kosta 4800:-
  • 06-04-2007 9:18 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Gee Henry you really want this mp3 from B&O to work don't you? :) Good to see you're so interested, maybe you could look into a career with this kind of thing? It would be great, i'm in a career where i'm very passionate about what i do, it makes going to work fun! :) 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 06-04-2007 9:43 AM In reply to

Looking at the blown up photo looks like it maybe photoshop'd a little??

The navigation button looks a little odd.... what do people think? is it just a tester as many are saying?? 

• 06-04-2007 10:53 AM In reply to

Yeah, it could be Photoshop, and like all the rest of you guys here, I hope it's a fake.The problem of the design is, that it's not based on an idea. B&O and David Lewis always had a clear idea of what the shape of a product should look like in terms of functionality etc. For example the BeoSound 2 is shaped around the buttons, to keep it really simple and focused on the music experience. The BeoLab 5's have their strange shape because the sound that goes up towards the ceiling wouldn't bounce back on the floor.
    Also the Serene has an unusual design, bút because there's an idea behind it. Not because B&O wants to show off.
    So, if B&O want to make an MP3 player, then they would definitely think about the functionality and what's important about our listening experience. What I see in this "first picture" is a normal mp3 player like we have seen a dozen times, but with better build quality and materials. Still, that isn't enough to make a true B&O player.
    In my eyes, a real BeoSound 6 would be more surprising. Touch sensitive with moving parts or buttons on the side and one big round screen. Actually a BeoSound 2 with a screen in the middle instead of buttons would be just fine :-)
    I think David Lewis will come with something better then this "first picture". (He isn't retired, is he?)

So that was my opinion Wink

(i hope my explanation is clear, I'm BelgianBig Smile)

Two Beo4 remotes, one BeoVision 6, greatings from a B&O afficionado :-p

• 06-04-2007 10:57 AM In reply to

philipsmz333:
    Gee Henry you really want this mp3 from B&O to work don't you? :) Good to see you're so interested, maybe you could look into a career with this kind of thing? It would be great, i'm in a career where i'm very passionate about what i do, it makes going to work fun! :) 

philipsmz, yes I am quite worked up about this topic. I have LOVED my BS2 for quite a few years now, and have recently really begun to look forward to seeing and owning B&Os updated MP3 player as I have now had to begin to agree that the new iPods certainly offer more than my BS2 (memory, photos, videos, screen etc). I understand that this image is not a confirmation of the real thing and obviously I haven't had one to try out yet, but I'm very very disappointed with what we believe the BeoSound 6 will offer and of its design. As I think mobeyone said earlier, this BeoSound 6 looks as though it came out before the BeoSound 2 did, so why are B&O going backwards?! If it's such a big deal for me, you might just say: Then don't buy one! Which I don't think I will. I love B&O, so do we all, but the BeoSound 6 so far looks rubbish (visually) in my opinion, and I suppose I really wanted (and expected) it to be fantastic and certainly design wise kill any of the new iPods and that's why I probably seem quite annoyed about this topic.

When I bought my BS2 it looked much better than any of the iPods at the time and sounded much better too. The only thing that ever bothered me about my BS2 when I bought it was that it didn't give you the freedom of use that an iPod did due to its physical limitations. But for me the positives outweighed the negatives, which is why I bought my BS2 (remember the iPods didn't have colour screens and video then). The BS6 wouldn't currently offer such a great deal against the new iPods as my BS2 did when I bought it. So either I'm sticking with my BS2 now, or getting an iPod, or probably just waiting to see whether the iPhone would be able to cover what I would like from a portable sound player.

What a flop! B&O have balls to release this product I think. Atleast its price didn't jet high into the clouds as that of the Serene. But rest assured, my BS2 will be the only one of us with a fat grin on our face after seeing the look of his new baby bro!

• 06-04-2007 11:01 AM In reply to

benjarys:

So that was my opinion Wink

(i hope my explanation is clear, I'm BelgianBig Smile)

Understood everything benjarys Smile

I really liked the sound of your idea of a touch sensitive BS2, would certainly be better than the brick.

• 06-04-2007 11:02 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

benjarys:

I think David Lewis will come with something better then this "first picture". (He isn't retired, is he?)

I Hope this is just an rumour ! This would explain something.

• 06-04-2007 11:05 AM In reply to

Gatex:
    benjarys:

Laughing and make me look silly for believing!

• 06-04-2007 11:50 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Gatex:

not very likely to be a rumour. if you look to the picture and compare it to other pictures from the mediacenter, you will notice that the hand model can be seen on other pictures, and the general style of the picture is typical for b&O mediacenter.
    And most of all: don't forget who the picture came from! Cool

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 06-04-2007 2:44 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Going backwards eh?
    Does Serenata look a bit like these?

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 06-04-2007 3:04 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Can't remember Ed. They've been sat in the back of my PC for months! I think it was on the mediacentre.
    If you look carefully, they look like they're made of wood.
    I think they were prototypes for Serene.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 06-04-2007 3:05 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

jandyt:

How much does a 8 gb Nano retail for in UK?

Andy T.

Kelkoo £131.60 

• 06-04-2007 3:17 PM In reply to

• Greg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 109
    • Bronze Member

eduard:
    jandyt:

Can't remember Ed. They've been sat in the back of my PC for months! I think it was on the mediacentre.
    If you look carefully, they look like they're made of wood.
    I think they were prototypes for Serene.

Andy T.

Do you have more nice things in your computer??

Yes, these Serene design study models (I think they're usually made of foam, in fact) were on the media center. It's where my avatar came from!! I think I still have the full set somewhere so if they're no longer on media center maybe I could add them to the photo gallery here.
  • 06-04-2007 3:22 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Yes Ed. I have a strange photo of a Mr Korthout lying on a railway line in an obscure Danish railway station Wink

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 06-04-2007 3:29 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

BTW Ed, Did you know you have made nearly half the ammount of posts as Peter?Surprise

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 06-04-2007 3:31 PM In reply to

jandyt:

BTW Ed, Did you know you have made nearly half the ammount of posts as Peter?Surprise

Andy T.

You're not too far off either buddy!

• 06-04-2007 3:48 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Yes I can see it now------
    Ah, Mr Jones your eye has fallen out has it?  Hmmm, take two aspirins and see me tomorrow. Now then Eliminator wiring diagram, where's it gone...Wink

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 06-04-2007 3:50 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Henry:
    jandyt:

Andy T.

You're not too far off either buddy!

Yes, I need to learn to speak Spanish better.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

Page 4 of 8 (184 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »