in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-18-2011 7:44 PM by Todd. 406 replies.
Page 17 of 17 (407 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-17-2011 10:29 AM In reply to

• Todd
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-01-2009
    • Columbus Ohio
    • Posts 136
    • Gold Member

Re: RL60.2 Refurb Collaboration

Evan:

Todd:

Leslie:

Søren Mexico:

Can confirm Spiros remarks, went to Crete at the end of the 1980s, had 6 hours between flights in Athens, hired a taxi to show me the sights.

Within 3 hours he took me around, driving like a devil,

Who? Spiros? He was just a baby at that time and already driving a taxi?Big Smile

Just kidding, love to go this place! Spiros, invite us, 3 persons.....(incl. tickets).....

Hey Leslie! Why we can't go anywhere without youWink Hey we're forgetting somebody Spiros...My Homeboy! Evman140! add another ticket

I'll pick-up the tab on that one." O.K. Spiros Beoworld Buddy invasion! Get ReadyBig Smile

I'm going to be dragged all over the beo-World next year! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hey There You R! You just about got left for Greece Bro! Yep, So get those dragging clothes and lets go give spiros somth'n too Remember

From us Home Boys From OHIO!!!!!

Todd

• 10-18-2011 10:41 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Todd:
    Evman, I can see you in that car

That is easily imaginable! No idea why...... Wink

Evan

• 11-17-2011 10:46 PM In reply to

• Nidul
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-22-2011
    • Hitchin, Herts
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

Guys what a great thread I have just read every post and feel like I know all you guys a lot better, its almost 4 in the morning aswell I started at 1 lol. Defo tie to sleep, will be dreaming about doing the same to a pair of RL35.2 that I have. I also want to re-cap and recover my Beolab Penta II. I have never re-capped before so how easy would it be for a complete beginner? Re-covering looks pretty much very straight forward, but the re-capping looks a lot harder, also where and what type of caps do I need. I also want to re-cap my Beomaster 7000 if at all that is possiable? Thank you once again for a great read!! Peace out guys

Nidul

5 Avant 28" VCR, 2 Silver, 2 Black, 1 Red/Burgandy ;-)

2 Avant 32" VCR, 1 silver, 1 Red/Burgandy

BeoVision MX1500 Black

Beovision MX4000 in Blue with Matching VCR

Beovision MX7000 in Grey with Matching VCR and Active Speakers

1 BeoCord VX7000 VHS VCR

Beocom 1401 with 2 AV Control base 

BeoSystem 7000; BeoMaster 7000, BeoGram CD7000, BeoCord 7000 Cassette Deck.

1 Attyca Stand 

BeoLink 1000, BeoLink 5000, 1 MCP 5500, 6 Beo4  

2 Penta II, 2 RL 45.2

I-Pod Connection!

Trying to MasterLink It all!

• 11-18-2011 8:50 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Hello Nidul, thank you for your compliments!

I think you will find re-capping the speaker infinitely easier than re-covering it! If you haven't already, get some practice in soldering - especially if you want to take on a BM7000 re-cap.

Sources for caps are plentiful, Todd and I used www.meniscusaudio.com. They do not carry small caps for your Master but will have everything you need for speakers. For small caps, try www.mouser.com - they have everything! 

As far as deciding caps, you will want to get bi-polar electrolytic style. Match the capacitance of the originals and meet or exceed the voltage rating. I think you will find re-capping to be an easy chore. Once you have all the new caps in place make sure you glue them down to the circuit board with a shot of hot glue.

Regarding your 7000, contact member Dillen (Martin), he may be able to provide a kit.

Best luck Nidul!

Evan

• 11-18-2011 10:58 AM In reply to

• Todd
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-01-2009
    • Columbus Ohio
    • Posts 136
    • Gold Member

Nidul:

Guys what a great thread I have just read every post and feel like I know all you guys a lot better, its almost 4 in the morning aswell I started at 1 lol. Defo tie to sleep, will be dreaming about doing the same to a pair of RL35.2 that I have. I also want to re-cap and recover my Beolab Penta II. I have never re-capped before so how easy would it be for a complete beginner? Re-covering looks pretty much very straight forward, but the re-capping looks a lot harder, also where and what type of caps do I need. I also want to re-cap my Beomaster 7000 if at all that is possiable? Thank you once again for a great read!! Peace out guys

Nidul

Greetings Nidul!...WOW! So from 1 till 4' Well I had too at least get on here and say,"I'm glad too read someone at this late date

since the ending of the thread still finds it instructive and inspiring." We certainly hope you go from the dream stage too maybe a "Project

RealityBig Smile with your RL35.2's, re-cap and recovering of your Penta's and The Beomaster 7000! I was the very Junior partner in that project. (yes, I've still got a lot too learn Surprise)

Working w/Evan made it easy and we had a blast doing it. So Nidul I will simply defer to his already prompt and very good advice.

Thank You again for the comments and encourage you to go for it! You will have a lot of help from your fellow Beoworlder's Here too make

it a success!

TC

Todd

• 11-18-2011 11:32 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

TC! There he is! Good to see you buddy!

I hope you and your amazing RLs are wellSmile

Evan

• 11-18-2011 7:44 PM In reply to

• Todd
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-01-2009
    • Columbus Ohio
    • Posts 136
    • Gold Member

Yes, Here I Am!

Those amazing RL's & Myself are well...Thank You JB! 

"Working diligently towards having more leisure time so

that my absence is lessWink

Todd

Page 17 of 17 (407 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17