in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-16-2012 5:12 PM by Chris. 40 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (41 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-27-2011 4:14 PM

• Dobbs
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-01-2010
    • Belgium
    • Posts 13
    • Gold Member

Beo6 Config Tool

Can anyone send me a link for the new Beo5 Config Tool 4.11? 

I have the new Beo6, but my dealer didn`t give the the software...really too bad.

thanks in advance

• 01-27-2011 4:20 PM In reply to

Re: Beo6 Config Tool

A piece of advice for the potential buyers of a Beo6... negociate the software BEFORE you buy. If they want your money, they'll do a little effort.

• 01-28-2011 2:41 PM In reply to

Hi There,

I have recently downloaded the 4.11 Configuration Tool at this location:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:0-M3ajZnHSYJ:www.beoforum.dk/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D37%26t%3D337+Beo5/6CTSetup+4.11.exe&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&source=www.google.co.uk

Simply select the download link next to where it says 'CTSetup_4.11.exe'

I've used it with my Beo5 and it's upgraded the firmware fixing a really irritating battery drain issues.

Please let me know how you get on.

Many Thanks

Graham

• 01-28-2011 5:09 PM In reply to

Great, thanks!

There is something about B&O.....

• 01-29-2011 2:06 AM In reply to

• Dobbs
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-01-2010
    • Belgium
    • Posts 13
    • Gold Member

Also THANKS ...

• 01-29-2011 5:44 AM In reply to

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

Brilliant!

Thanks.

Yann.

Ne pas s'en faire et boire frais!

Mon install en images: cliquez sur mon profil, au dessus de mon avatar - Puis "My files" tout en bas.

Pictures of my setup: click on my nickname, above my avatar. Then "my files" at the bottom of the page.

• 01-29-2011 6:48 AM In reply to

• 01-29-2011 7:12 AM In reply to

Super!

• 01-29-2011 7:46 AM In reply to

• dueno
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-29-2007
    • bordeaux
    • Posts 147
    • Founder

problem when running 4.11 config tool!!!

this message happen:

The OCX is missing or corupt, please reinstall the Configuration tool !

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

never explain never complain

• 01-31-2011 12:15 PM In reply to

dueno:

The OCX is missing or corupt, please reinstall the Configuration tool !

This means that the runtime library is missing or cannot access it from the C:\Windows\system32 directory

Regards Keith....

• 01-31-2011 3:00 PM In reply to

Keith it is still not possible to mix b&o with 3:d party in a macro?? why does not b&o solve this????
  • 01-31-2011 3:51 PM In reply to

You are correct within the Configuration Tool, its an area where the developers appear to still be having a lot of problems getting right. A couple of versions ago they almost got it right.

However, the solution which I always use is to build the macro's into the 3rd party XML file, so that it is just drag-n-drop within the configuration tool. Doing it that way means the Configuration Tool does not have to build the linkages, so there is never a problem.

I also build in all the hardkey and digit assignments into the 3rd party XML file as well for the same reason, in fact I wrote a Windows based program to do it automatically.

Regards Keith....

• 02-01-2011 7:41 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Keith, could you explain a little bit more how to make the 3rd party macros possible?

P.S.: Do you work secretly for software companies like Microsoft etc.? Big Smile You seem to be a real genius.

• 02-01-2011 8:26 AM In reply to

• adro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-26-2009
    • Posts 23
    • Gold Member

Would it be possible to have copy of one of your xml files with hardkeys, so I can have a look and see if I get something out of it.

I have no clue on how to program the hardkeys, or macros.

Regards

AtleSmile

• 02-01-2011 10:35 AM In reply to

Atle,

Yes it would be possible. All XML files I provide to members always have the Hard Keys and digits (where applicable) pre-assigned within the XML file. I am rather surprised that B&O do not do this themselves, then several of the Configuration Tool outstanding issues would become non issues.

I have attached a typical example for Apple TV, save it and then open it with either an XML editor or Windows Notepad

Regards Keith....

• 02-01-2011 10:39 AM In reply to

TWG:

Keith, could you explain a little bit more how to make the 3rd party macros possible?

P.S.: Do you work secretly for software companies like Microsoft etc.? Big Smile You seem to be a real genius.

Thank you for your very kind comments, genius, well no, fairly experienced, I guess so..

It sounds like we need an "XML Macros" training Thread on how to make an XML file with macros already built in without using the Beo5/Beo6 Configuration Tool. Is that the general view ?

Regards Keith....

• 02-01-2011 10:41 AM In reply to

Keith, If you have a button with a 3:d party ir, and then change the name on the button, it stop working. The code is gone!! So therefore I can not make a macro with B&O keys. So how do you do it?
  • 02-01-2011 10:44 AM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

TWG:

Thank you for your very kind comments, genius, well no, fairly experienced, I guess so..

It sounds like we need an "XML Macros" training Thread on how to make an XML file with macros already built in without using the Beo5/Beo6 Configuration Tool. Is that the general view ?

YES we neeeeeed;-)
  • 02-01-2011 1:50 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Keith Saunders:

TWG:

Yes! We need that :-)

• 02-01-2011 5:25 PM In reply to

• Matthew
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-01-2009
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

Keith Saunders:

Yes please. That would be extremely useful.

• 02-01-2011 6:06 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Add me to the list for the XML macro training

Side note : I also thank Keith for his skills. He may not be a genius, but he is surely excellent. And he has done more to the Beo5 than anyone at B&O ever did. If a lot of people here use a Beo5 on a daily basis, there's usually something from Keith behind that.

People with Beo5 and no contact with Keith tend to place this remote on a box and only use Beo4, when they don't directly sold it on eBay...

• 02-02-2011 12:15 AM In reply to

• Matthew
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-01-2009
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

mbee: I would echo those sentiments exactly.

Without Keith, and others on this forum, I would not have even bothered to buy one. Thanks to them I am able to fully program it to control pretty much whatever I like in the way that I like, which makes it a very powerful remote indeed.

I agree - the only reason people would have it either in a box or gathering dust is because they have yet to go down the self programming route to discover it's potential.

• 02-02-2011 4:25 AM In reply to

PLease count me in too!

• 02-02-2011 5:11 AM In reply to

PLease add me to !

BeoVision 4 - 50 HD -  Beo5 - Beolab 5 - Beolab 7-1 - Beolab 6000 .

• 02-02-2011 6:02 AM In reply to

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

Hello Keith,

Count me in!

Kind regards,

Yann.

Ne pas s'en faire et boire frais!

Mon install en images: cliquez sur mon profil, au dessus de mon avatar - Puis "My files" tout en bas.

Pictures of my setup: click on my nickname, above my avatar. Then "my files" at the bottom of the page.

Page 1 of 2 (41 items) 1 2 Next >