in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-25-2010 5:31 AM by tournedos. 26 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-21-2010 4:14 PM

S45 (83-86) floor stand ???

Hello Smile

Two days ago I found good example of above mentioned speakers without floor stand. I see that it is very complicated to find just stand for this speakers therefore, on second thought I was thinking maybe I can try to make them, as I see stand are not that complicated to make.

So my question is, if someone have this stands I would be very happy if I can get some pictures and some basic dimensions ...

Thank you Smile

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 05-21-2010 11:42 PM In reply to

Re: S45 (83-86) floor stand ???

I think I can help you... but give me a day or three! Wink

• B&o bottle opener
  • 05-22-2010 4:06 AM In reply to

burantek:

I think I can help you... but give me a day or three! Wink

I knew it I can count o you Yes -  thumbs up

Drinks

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 05-23-2010 12:32 PM In reply to

I saw that s45, s55, s80 from 83-86 have same stands, at least they look same on pictures.

Are they the same ?

• 05-23-2010 12:56 PM In reply to

S45/S55 might well be the same since the speakers are pretty much the same size.

I have a pair of S80.2's with stands, but the speakers seem to have ~7 cm more depth, and these stands might look a bit "long toed" on the others... But if Jeff can't find the correct stands, I'll be happy to measure mine - probably all that differs (if anything) is the size of the rectangle on the floor.

-mika

• 05-23-2010 1:56 PM In reply to

I saw this picture and to me they all look the same ....

• 05-23-2010 2:12 PM In reply to

So these are S80.2 stands - perhaps Jeff can confirm if the S45 stands are indeed the same.

The material is 15 x 25 mm rectangular steel tube for all parts except the mounting bar at the top, that is 10 x 16 mm solid steel.

The outer dimensions of the bottom rectangle are 265 (W) x 255 (D). The length of the vertical bar is 510 mm - as you can see in this side view, it is slightly angled.

-mika

• 05-23-2010 2:51 PM In reply to

Here's the bottom view. Everything else is welded together except this joint for the vertical bar, it has an Allen screw inside. It might be easier to simply weld this joint as well if you don't ever need to ship these in a flat package.

There are four plastic feet, apparently plugged into holes in the steel tube.

-mika

• 05-23-2010 3:00 PM In reply to

Here's a closeup of the top bar. The mounting holes for the speaker are 185 mm apart and countersunk. The speakers have threads for metric M4 screws.

One thing I forgot to photograph - the vertical angle of the speakers can be adjusted with another M4 screw, there's a thread for it on the inside of the vertical bar, 160 mm from the top. The holes on the stand need to be a little larger than normal (for a M4)  to let the screws move a little with this adjustment.

The end of the vertical bar has a gray plastic plug on top.

That's it. You are probably much better qualified to draw a real mechanical drawing on these Laughing

-mika

• 05-23-2010 4:00 PM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

I think I might also get some made. Only thing is finding out the angle of the vertical bar! Are they painted or metal?

Durban South Africa

• 05-23-2010 4:07 PM In reply to

BenSA:

I think I might also get some made. Only thing is finding out the angle of the vertical bar! Are they painted or metal?

They are painted. Couldn't find an angle disc anywhere, I'll need to take a straight side shot to approximate it (tomorrow when there's daylight again...).

-mika

• 05-23-2010 4:08 PM In reply to

WOW Mika! Thank you very much ! Yes -  thumbs up This is more than I need ...

So I made technical drawing of stand, and because vertical part is slightly angled I need two more dimensions ( which I draw with red line's ) to know the angle ...

Thank you again Smile

• 05-23-2010 4:20 PM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

nmartin771:

WOW Mika! Thank you very much ! Yes -  thumbs up This is more than I need ...

So I made technical drawing of stand, and because vertical part is slightly angled I need two more dimensions ( which I draw with red line's ) to know the angle ...

Thank you again Smile

Thats brilliant nmartin (big thanks to tournedos as well!). Will you post the finished diagrams when you've done it? What about the space between the two holes on the top horizontal bar. I suppose I could measure the back of a speaker. What type of screws are used? This is very exciting!

Durban South Africa

• 05-23-2010 4:27 PM In reply to

I think the best way is to measure directly on the speakers and mark on horizontal bar and than drill it, because we don't know weather is the same distance between holes on S45, S55, S80 ....

Of course I will post finishing products :) I'm thinking to make them of some other metal ... maybe stainless steel ...

• 05-23-2010 4:32 PM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Thats a good point because I want a pair made for S55 and S75 speakers.

Durban South Africa

• 05-23-2010 4:45 PM In reply to

nmartin771:

I think the best way is to measure directly on the speakers and mark on horizontal bar and than drill it, because we don't know weather is the same distance between holes on S45, S55, S80 ....

BTW small error there in your drawing (and something I forgot to measure) - I only now noticed that there's third diagram on the right...

The length of the mounting bar is 200 mm, it is the holes that are 185 mm apart.

I would expect this be the same for all S45 - S/MC120 since they are the same width - but I guess anyone wanting to make these stands can measure his own pair of speakers to be sure Smile

Screws are M4 as I mentioned earlier.

-mika

• 05-23-2010 4:59 PM In reply to

Error fixed Smile

only thing which is left is angle Smile and I can start make them ...

• 05-24-2010 4:51 AM In reply to

So here's another side view, angle approximation courtesy of CorelDraw.

Probably 93.0° by design, but seriously, who's going to notice or care if it is a degree or two off as long as both stands are the same?

-mika

• 05-24-2010 7:36 AM In reply to

Mika, you never stop to surprise me Yes -  thumbs up

Great! Again thank you very much !
    Your drawing looks more professional than mine Yes -  thumbs up

Actually I really like those two giraffe sculptures Wink

• 05-24-2010 7:38 AM In reply to

HA ! I didn't notice small dark yellow giraffe behind Big Smile

• 05-24-2010 7:43 AM In reply to

That's where they usually live, didn't bother moving them for this picture... I bought the two ebony giraffes in Arusha, Tanzania; the small one was made by my grandfather probably 60 years ago Smile

-mika

• 05-24-2010 8:42 AM In reply to

Looks like you guys are on the ball! My: "day or three" was accurate... horrid weekend! Super Angry

At this point I can offer to validate the measurements; I can also offer that there are different sized stands -as I have at least two different sizes.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 05-24-2010 8:49 AM In reply to

No problem Jaff Smile

We are waiting for your validation Beer

• 05-24-2010 8:59 AM In reply to

I was just worried that you won't have a metric measuring tape Jaff, and we'd have to deal with some dead king's elbow lengths or something Laughing

I'll be interested to see what the other sizes might be. The guy I bought these speakers from had made new mounting holes in the speakers so that they sat about 10 cm lower than originally (the pic above is with the "correct" holes). Have to agree I liked the lower look more.

-mika

• 05-24-2010 10:14 AM In reply to

I got original manuals for most of my Beovox speakers.

S45-2, S80.2 S120 and M150

They all use the 6017 stand exept the M150 is called 6016.

You have the option to wall mount those 6017 speakers too with the 6014 wall mount.

I was close to missing those but thank god I noticed them and got the 2 NOS pairs.

Each package consist of 2 plates, a bag of screws and mounting instructions.

The speakers can be mounted 2 ways and still be tipped like when on stands.

As seen here on a pair of Beovox S45-2 you mount 2 screws and then you can hang the speaker on the plate.

As far as I can see I can use Beovox S45-2, S80.2 and S120 which is great.

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >