in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-28-2009 9:58 AM by beobloomsbury. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-28-2009 9:15 AM

beovision avant broken remote control

hi, my first post so apologies if i am posting in the wrong forum.

i bought an old beovision avant with integrated vhs about 3 weeks ago. i really like this old-timer, but stupidly dropped the remote control (about 5 feet onto a carpeted floor). there is no cosmetic damage, but it just died. i had a little look inside and could not see anything obvious, so i am not going to investigate further.

also, when i turn the tv on there seems to be 5 minutes where the picture switches between ok to loud fuzzy with no reception in short bursts. there is a bit of ghosting to the right. can this be sorted with the tracking setting?

i live near tottenham court road in central london. i only spent £150 on the tv. if i take the remote to tottenham court road they are going to assume i have money to burn because its b&o, which i don't how can i get this fixed. is there anyone local i can get to come and take a look at it. do mobile tv repair men exist anymore?

thanks

dan

• 09-28-2009 9:37 AM In reply to

Re: beovision avant broken remote control

Whatever you spend on this TV is going to be wasted and the repair charge could easily be many times your original investment.

£150 should get you a fully working 32in Avant. With the headlong rush to buy cheap and cheerful flat screens people can't give them away nowadays.

Regards Graham

• 09-28-2009 9:58 AM In reply to

Re: beovision avant broken remote control

thats pretty much what i thought. i would like to get the remote sorted out at least though. nothing else is really a problem.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)