in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-08-2009 5:52 AM by fish. 107 replies.
Page 5 of 5 (108 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-16-2008 4:37 PM In reply to

Re: Soundproof's Guide for using iPhone or iPod Touch as a remote!

mr_anders_son:

Meanwhile I am waiting for my iPhone 3G I bought a iPod Touch 8GB for using as remotecontrol

I have Beomedia 1 and can now pilot my music with iPod, same as you who have Beoport

I just installed iTunes in "Service Menu" and add all my musicfiles.

So now I have just to press A-PC to open "soundport" on my BV9, or in any Linkroom Party!!!

Great idea!  I am going to do it also on my Beomedia 1.  However doesn't this mean if iTunes is the media player on the Beomedia 1,it could lead to a further conclusion that the same could be true of the Beocenter 5?

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 07-17-2008 11:04 AM In reply to

Now we just need a DVDpedia remote control app so that I don't have to use my bluetooth mouse and (sometimes) keyboard.
  • 07-17-2008 11:24 AM In reply to

There is a PocketPedia app(for movies, cds, etc.) ... but I don't believe it can trigger play. Actually haven't gotten to trying it out yet, though I've downloaded it.

• 11-09-2008 1:59 PM In reply to

Sorry if this is a dumb question, and sorry if the answer is in here already someplace.

We have Beoport on a PC linked by Masterlink to a BV7 MKIII and Beosound 3000. I am considering purchasing an iphone and would like to be able to use it as a remote.

I understand it is not possible to directly control Beoport and that I will need to use iTunes instead.

How do I get the sound from the PC to the main speakers with the BV7? I have tried PC on the Beo 4 as well as link-PC and AV-PC.

I am able to activate the speakers in a link room with the PC function. Why wont they activate in the main room?

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 11-10-2008 2:52 AM In reply to

• dylan
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Perth, Australia
    • Posts 117
    • Founder

Not a dumb question to me - I've never been able to get it to work on my BV3-BS3200-Beoport system. Have had to resort to setting Beoport to "mix" the PC sounds with the NMusic/NRadio sound. Then select Nmusic (or NRadio) from the Beo4/Beo5, then hit stop - this turns off the NMusic but leaves the itunes playing.

Works like a dream - or it did until my Remote application on my iphone suddenly stopped working a few weeks back...

BS3200 BV7 BV3 BL8000 BG4000 BL4500 PC2 BG5500 MX4002

• 11-10-2008 8:24 AM In reply to

Thanks!  

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 01-04-2009 8:07 AM In reply to

Hi Soundproof,

I know I'm a little slow on this, but I just wanted to say a big thank you for taking the time and energy to put together this guide for Peter and those like myself who may not otherwise have pursued putting together such a wireless network, thinking it too complex.

Over the holidays, I finally had the time to finish setting up my network with additional airports, rip most of my CDs in lossless and got my I-phone working the airtunes network. Actually, I also started out downloading the remote buddy, but have now also switched to Apple Remote and I must say the navigation is much faster, smoother and responsive. The result, brilliant! 

So thanks again, I'm sure I speak for many when I say its much appreciated.

Laurence. 

• 01-08-2009 5:52 AM In reply to

• fish
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-03-2007
    • Posts 28
    • Bronze Member

hi soundproof et al,

thanks also for such a concise and helpful post.

sorry if i'm a little late to be posting on this, but was hoping someone may be able to help.

basically, i'd like to get something like this/peter's setup in place, the problem however is that i have a 2300 which doesn't support n.music or have a spare aux port as it's being used for a master link converter. i do though have a mac (not yet connected with beoport due to n.music issue), a masterlink system and an ipod touch!. i was considering using apple tv but have been told there are issues when connectining it to an avant (the current master in the house) and i'll also need some kind of converter?. so, other than changing the 2300, which is something i don't really want to do is there any way i can get a setup that will allow me to keep my current masterlink setup for audio and video, but also allow me to use an ipod touch as a remote for my itunes library and play it through the masterlink system ?

thanks in advance

steve

Page 5 of 5 (108 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5