in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-25-2009 9:22 AM by Stars. 194 replies.
Page 4 of 8 (195 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-14-2008 5:57 PM In reply to

Re: Beo5 - where are we?

How did you get that to work? So you are not using the STBc inside the TV (doubt your 20 year old has that to begin with).

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 09-14-2008 7:57 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

jk1002:
    How did you get that to work? So you are not using the STBc inside the TV (doubt your 20 year old has that to begin with).

Whistle 

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
  • 09-14-2008 8:50 PM In reply to

Alex:
    I have my Beo5 natively controlling a STB, Apple TV and HD DVD Player connected to my 20 year old MX 5000 TV ...

Hi Alex

This mean that with both: new last firmware and configuration tool software... beo5 finally can control directly non-B&O devices, exclusively via their own IR emitter ?? (without a B&O stb-controller)

Santiago

• 09-14-2008 9:15 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

Santiago:

Alex:
    I have my Beo5 natively controlling a STB, Apple TV and HD DVD Player connected to my 20 year old MX 5000 TV ...

Hi Alex

This mean that with both: new last firmware and configuration tool software... beo5 finally can control directly non-B&O devices, exclusively via their own IR emitter ?? (without a B&O stb-controller)

Kind of.

• 09-15-2008 12:00 AM In reply to

Alex:

Kind of.

Alex... 

• 09-15-2008 12:37 AM In reply to

Well, if you take a look at the controls for the Jaeger/Lutron setup it should be possible to adjust that for other vendors. I recall that in IRED and other software pieces the IR command wasn't much more then a long string of numbers. If you find out what is different for the Jaeger/Lutron and normal B&O controls, that should show you how to address the alternate IR that has the normal non B&O frequency. After that, it is just a question of getting the numeric code which you could use Ired for.

Frankly, I wouldn't be able to pull this off I think. I think one needs really know they way around the software for this. I am not sure how the controls are stored in the software, I am guessing a XML file or a database or something. Did somebody poke around in the directory where it is installed?

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 09-15-2008 6:28 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

ALEX:

Would you be so kind to explain to us how you managed to get the Beo 5 working WITHOUT an STB to control Apple TV etc.?

Or is it just fake because you still gave no real answer ... ? ;)

• 09-16-2008 4:10 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

TWG:

ALEX:

Would you be so kind to explain to us how you managed to get the Beo 5 working WITHOUT an STB to control Apple TV etc.?

Or is it just fake because you still gave no real answer ... ? ;)

I believe the answer you are looking for is here:

jk1002:

Well, if you take a look at the controls for the Jaeger/Lutron setup it should be possible to adjust that for other vendors. I recall that in IRED and other software pieces the IR command wasn't much more then a long string of numbers. If you find out what is different for the Jaeger/Lutron and normal B&O controls, that should show you how to address the alternate IR that has the normal non B&O frequency. After that, it is just a question of getting the numeric code which you could use Ired for.

Frankly, I wouldn't be able to pull this off I think. I think one needs really know they way around the software for this. I am not sure how the controls are stored in the software, I am guessing a XML file or a database or something. Did somebody poke around in the directory where it is installed?

If an enterprising individual that didn't stand to get in to trouble for spreading too much information were thinking along those lines ... well they would likely make some progress :)

• 09-20-2008 7:30 AM In reply to

• Ian
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

Has anyone got the config software to work with Vista?

Ian

• 09-20-2008 1:07 PM In reply to

Have you got the Vista version?
  • 09-20-2008 3:38 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

jk1002:

Well I am not familiar with the Beo5 config software, BUT if there is a pane in the SW for where the IR string is stored and edited for soft buttons in there somewhere, all anyone has to do is to get a remote for a non B&O device, decode the IR string (Lintronic Configurator can do this easy), and enter the string into the Beo5 config software, and there you have it.

If this is the case, there may be value in the Beo5 yet!

-Sal 

P.S. A much easier solution if the B&O gods-that-be would allow it, would be to make the Beo5 a learning remote. Maybe that would catalyze a new set of B&O customers who are brought into the brand from a relatively reasonably and compatible product.

Heck, if companies like Philips, Logitech, Harmon/Kardon can do it, why can't B&O? The materials and finish alone would make the Beo5 stand out from the pile of slabs of plastic! 

Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 09-21-2008 8:04 AM In reply to

• Ian
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

Peter :
    Have you got the Vista version?

Yes, and it loads up OK, but it won't create new profiles. I ut the remote on the docking station and the serial number comes up but it doesn't show the profile, or allow me to create a new one. I've also copied my configuration file into the 'clients' directory and then done a serach but it still doesn't work.

Ian 

• 09-21-2008 9:23 AM In reply to

• Doc
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 585
    • Bronze Member

Is there a special "Vista version" of the configtool?!
  • 09-21-2008 3:53 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Good evening,

would somebody be so kind to send me a download link via PN for the actual (1.30) configtool? I've got 1.02 from my dealer and it doesn't work with the Beo 5 1.34a Firmware :-(

Thank you very much!

• 09-25-2008 1:19 PM In reply to

After reviewing the recent postings on this thread, I note that many of the answers to questions raised can be found HERE on the FAQ section of the Beo5 web pages.

I can confirm that the Beo5 Configuration software will work on a Windows Vista system.

If you have the latest firmware version 1.34a loaded into your Beo5, then the only Beo5 Configuration tool which will work is the latest version 1.30. All other previous versions should be deleted.

If you have the latest firmware version 1.34a loaded into your Beo5, then you can control 3rd party products PROVIDED you have been provided with the XML template for the product you wish to directly control OR the dealer has produced one for you OR if you have some considerable indepth technical knowledge one could be produced if you know all the IR binary codes for each command.

It should be noted that even if your dealer does provide you with a copy of the Beo5 Configuration Tool version 1.30 it will not allow you to update your Beo5 firmware to version 1.34a without being connected to B&O's Intranet.

Regards Keith....

• 09-25-2008 1:35 PM In reply to

• Gerd
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 523
    • Bronze Member

Beo5 Configuration Tool version 1.30 will not allow you to update your
    Beo5 firmware to version 1.34a without being connected to B&O's Intranet

In order to being able to update to 1.34a you just need the following files:

- Beo5CT.exe.config in main program folder "Beo5 Configuration Tool"
    - beo5RevD.bin, beo5RevE.bin and beo5RevF.bin in folder "Firmware"

• 09-25-2008 1:36 PM In reply to

Thanks Keith, 

So, is it OK to update the firmware of the remote at the dealer's shop, and then use the 1.30 config software at home without connection to B&O's intranet?

p. 

• 09-25-2008 1:38 PM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Keith Saunders:

After reviewing the recent postings on this thread, I note that many of the answers to questions raised can be found HERE on the FAQ section of the Beo5 web pages.

I can confirm that the Beo5 Configuration software will work on a Windows Vista system.

If you have the latest firmware version 1.34a loaded into your Beo5, then the only Beo5 Configuration tool which will work is the latest version 1.30. All other previous versions should be deleted.

If you have the latest firmware version 1.34a loaded into your Beo5, then you can control 3rd party products PROVIDED you have been provided with the XML template for the product you wish to directly control OR the dealer has produced one for you OR if you have some considerable indepth technical knowledge one could be produced if you know all the IR binary codes for each command.

It should be noted that even if your dealer does provide you with a copy of the Beo5 Configuration Tool version 1.30 it will not allow you to update your Beo5 firmware to version 1.34a without being connected to B&O's Intranet.

About the 3rd party :) That sounds too good to be true, does anyone have an example of such an XML file ?

/Weebyx

• 09-25-2008 2:07 PM In reply to

wtlc2zpx:

Thanks Keith, 

So, is it OK to update the firmware of the remote at the dealer's shop, and then use the 1.30 config software at home without connection to B&O's intranet?

p. 

If your dealer updates your Beo5 firmware to 1.34a, then you can use the Beo5 Configuration Tool version 1.30 at home without being logged into the B&O Intranet site.

Regards Keith....

• 09-25-2008 2:10 PM In reply to

Gerd:

Beo5 Configuration Tool version 1.30 will not allow you to update your
    Beo5 firmware to version 1.34a without being connected to B&O's Intranet

In order to being able to update to 1.34a you just need the following files:

- Beo5CT.exe.config in main program folder "Beo5 Configuration Tool"
    - beo5RevD.bin, beo5RevE.bin and beo5RevF.bin in folder "Firmware"

TRUE, but you need to get the files first...

Regards Keith....

• 09-25-2008 2:25 PM In reply to

Weebyx:
    Keith Saunders:

About the 3rd party :) That sounds too good to be true, does anyone have an example of such an XML file ?

/Weebyx

Well, I have two Rania dimmers on my bathroom outside the door as below and have created an XML file to control them

These Rania dimmers have a remote control BUT are NOT B&O compatible. With the created XML file you can set 4 different scenes, raise and lower the light level and switch on and off. The display is below

You can download the XML configuration file HERE

It is in a zip file and extract it to C:\ if your Beo5 Configuration tool is in C:\Program Files as the default for installing version 1.30 was C:\ unlike the previous versions.

Regards Keith....

• 09-25-2008 3:24 PM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Keith Saunders:
    Weebyx:
    Keith Saunders:

/Weebyx

Well, I have two Rania dimmers on my bathroom outside the door as below and have created an XML file to control them

These Rania dimmers have a remote control BUT are NOT B&O compatible. With the created XML file you can set 4 different scenes, raise and lower the light level and switch on and off. The display is below

You can download the XML configuration file HERE

It is in a zip file and extract it to C:\ if your Beo5 Configuration tool is in C:\Program Files as the default for installing version 1.30 was C:\ unlike the previous versions.

Cool, do you know how the XML file was created ?

/Weebyx

• 09-25-2008 3:33 PM In reply to

I created it, that's why you will see the Beoworld logo in the configuration tool

Regards Keith....

• 09-25-2008 3:39 PM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Keith Saunders:
    I created it, that's why you will see the Beoworld logo in the configuration tool

And might i ask how you have found out how the XML file should look like, and more important, how did you decode the bitstream from your Rania remote ?

This is very very interresting to me :) I see endless usecases for this :)

/Weebyx

• 09-25-2008 4:43 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

@Keith:

Your knowledge seem to be GREAT! Respect for that!

Could you now explain how you did the decoding of the 3rd-party IR-signal?

This would open the door to make the Beo 5 the only main remote at home :-)

I imagine controlling my DVD, DVB-T, Minidisc-Deck, Mac mini and my Streamium alarm clock with the Beo 5! :-)

Page 4 of 8 (195 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »