in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-25-2009 9:22 AM by Stars. 194 replies.
Page 8 of 8 (195 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-11-2009 2:16 PM In reply to

Re: Beo5 - where are we?

Peter Pan, our hero!

Does it come with a new Beo5 firmware?

p. 

• 01-11-2009 3:57 PM In reply to

When your updated with "Beo5 will Beo5CTSetup 2.20.exe" 
    at the same time automatically updated with firmaware 1.40.

• 01-11-2009 4:07 PM In reply to

Yes! it works! My firmware was the buggy one, and the remote would not go to sleep and lose its battery.

I am so glad I got the new firmware ;-) 

• 01-12-2009 12:49 PM In reply to

Great work, working fine with my Mac!

Does any one have any working XML files for Xbox (Version 1). I am using it with XBMC, would be so cool to be able to control it with the Beo5.

Also a working one for Windows MCE with the standard MS Remote would be very much appriciated :-)

• 01-12-2009 3:37 PM In reply to

Message for Keith...

Hi Keith, I note you have the Lutron Rania dimmers in your home. I have them also and the Bath dealership are doing their best to update my Beo 5 for me to control them all throughout the flat. Just wondered if you had any code that might save us a lot of time in the interim period. I only user the dimmers, 3 IR one's (Bedroom 1, Bedroom 2 and Lounge) and a dual master that I use for the hallway (inside and outside light), kitchen is a master, and rest of lounge has two accesories.

Beo 5 needs to dim all lights in all areas. Would be good to know how you have set this up for yourself? There are a number of options.

Any graphics/icons/xml code would be great if you have it already.

With thanks,

Simon.

• 01-12-2009 4:06 PM In reply to

Simon,

You are correct, I have several Rania dimmers in my home which work very well with the Beo5 and it was one of the very first XML templates I produced and you can find it of the Beo5 Information & Resources download page HERE

It allows you to use it with a single unit and it also is setup for two or more units in one zone so you can have 4 scenes. If you press say scene 1 it will make one dimmer go to one preset light level and the other dimmer to a different preset light level at the same time.

You can copy any of the configured buttons for other zones etc.

See the picture below:-

Regards Keith....

• 01-12-2009 4:23 PM In reply to

Thanks for your quick response Keith. Have you thought about using any icons for the Rania as opposed to text labels? I could send you seom if interested.

Simon.

• 01-13-2009 2:40 AM In reply to

Simon,

I have thought of using icons for the Rania and they are also available for download on the Beo5 Information and Resource download page HERE

However, I normally assign the four "scenes" to the hard coloured keys and the UP and DOWN to the hard arrow keys. also the lights OFF to the STOP key as is used with other Lutron products when using a Beo4.

The hard keys can be assigned with the Configuration Tool by your dealer.

Regards Keith....

• 01-13-2009 3:54 AM In reply to

What is the status of making a program that supports the new firmware? I know Keith is working on some which i guess will be out soon. Are there any other available?

• 01-13-2009 4:06 AM In reply to

Version 1.1 of the Beo5 3rd Party XML Generator will be available soon which will support ALL firmware versions.

Regards Keith....

• 01-14-2009 6:04 AM In reply to

• Burnix
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-10-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

Peter Pan:

When your updated with "Beo5 will Beo5CTSetup 2.20.exe" 
    at the same time automatically updated with firmaware 1.40.

I tried downloading it yesterday, but my virus scanner alerted me that the file contained a virus (can't remember which exactly). Am I the only one experiencing this? I wonder if my virus scanner is detecting a non-existing virus or if it is indeed infected?

• 01-14-2009 6:31 AM In reply to

Funny enough, I downloaded the same yesterday too.

No problems with the antivirus but I found that you have to a) remove all previous versions of the Beo5Config Tool and b) remove Beofont manually from your fonts folder.

The final problem was that my PC said it did not recognise the Beo5 on the USB bus. However, it downloaded my latest config plus the 1.40 firmware regardless when physically connected.

10%

• 01-14-2009 7:01 AM In reply to

I did not have a problem installing it on Vista, over the previous version.

I do not have a virus checker.

p.

• 01-14-2009 7:55 AM In reply to

• Burnix
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-10-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

Mr10Percent:

Funny enough, I downloaded the same yesterday too.

No problems with the antivirus but I found that you have to a) remove all previous versions of the Beo5Config Tool and b) remove Beofont manually from your fonts folder.

10%

Hmm... I will retry this evening and report my result. Quite strange..

• 01-15-2009 1:23 AM In reply to

• Burnix
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-10-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

Bugger... "she who must be obeyed" had different plans for my spare time yesterday.. I hope to succeed tonight instead. Geeked
  • 01-15-2009 8:23 AM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

Simon,

I have thought of using icons for the Rania and they are also available for download on the Beo5 Information and Resource download page HERE

However, I normally assign the four "scenes" to the hard coloured keys and the UP and DOWN to the hard arrow keys. also the lights OFF to the STOP key as is used with other Lutron products when using a Beo4.

The hard keys can be assigned with the Configuration Tool by your dealer.

Many thanks for the advice and links Keith.

Simon.

• 01-15-2009 11:05 AM In reply to

• Burnix
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-10-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

I tried downloading it once again and received the same warning of a trojan... My Avast virus protection alerts me that the software contains the Win32:Spyware-gen trojan. I wonder if this is correct or if Avast is wrongly detecting it (since none of you guys have found the virus)..

• 01-25-2009 6:37 AM In reply to

so does this tool have a virus or not guys?

• 01-25-2009 6:43 AM In reply to

• Keith Saunders
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Technical Advisor Little Ann Hampshire, UK
    • Posts 35
    • Bronze Member

The file on the download does NOT have a virus.

Regards

Keith...

• 01-25-2009 9:22 AM In reply to

Have been reading this thread from start to finish over this past week and must admit I'm enitrely lost. Why can't my dealer offer to do all of these brilliant extras for me?

Page 8 of 8 (195 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8