in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-24-2012 12:47 PM by beocool. 154 replies.
Page 3 of 7 (155 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-13-2008 4:10 PM In reply to

Re: Home Furniture

Hello,

Thanks for your research. Meantime, it has a design close to this chair (Coconut Chair), but this is not the same actually.

The kitchen is from Boffi.

Thanks for helping.

Guy 

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 01-16-2008 3:41 PM In reply to

Hello,

Finally, I got it.

This is the "Bloom" chair from Living Divani

Design by Giorgio Cazzaniga

Guy 

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 01-16-2008 3:51 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Guy, Can you actually sit in that?

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 01-16-2008 4:18 PM In reply to

i sat in one of those a few years back. I can't remember, just how it felt, but it must have been a challenge...

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 01-16-2008 5:33 PM In reply to

Lovely chair Guy but like the coconut it is definitely one for use as a showpiece but I would prefer the coconut all day long, which is a masterpiece in furniture design.

Are you thinking of buying one? 

• 01-17-2008 10:27 AM In reply to

Jandyt:

Guy, Can you actually sit in that?

Andy T.

Hi Andy, Actually, I don't know as I never had the opportunity to sit in the Bloom chair. But it seems Beocool had a difficult experience with that Wink

mobeyone:

Lovely chair Guy but like the coconut it is definitely one for use as a showpiece but I would prefer the coconut all day long, which is a masterpiece in furniture design.

Are you thinking of buying one? 

Hi Mobeyone,

I like too the Herman Miller's Coconut chair, it's a timeless piece of design. I like the furnitures that belong to the Bauhaus era.

In fact, I am not going to buy one immediately, due to the fact that i am on my way to save hard for the Ile Sofa from Living Divani. I am expecting to make it in eleven months maxi.
    Guy 

• 01-17-2008 4:24 PM In reply to

The Coconut chair looks great. I have seen these in Harrods before. Guy might think I'm boring but I love our Barcelona chairs.
  • 01-17-2008 4:44 PM In reply to

Henry:
    ..... Guy might think I'm boring but I love our Barcelona chairs.

Not at all HenryWink

I love too the Barcelona chair, in black aniline leather. I was studying the price of a replica from Steelform (1200 euros) compare to the Knoll one (up to 4000 euros).

I always liked very much some productions belonging to the Bauhaus era.

Cheers,

Guy 

• 01-17-2008 4:51 PM In reply to

I have two black Barcelona's and a white one. I never knew there were replicas though. Can you tell them apart from the real ones?
  • 01-17-2008 5:19 PM In reply to

Henry:
    I have two black Barcelona's and a white one. I never knew there were replicas though. Can you tell them apart from the real ones?

1. The Barcelona from Knoll
    Signature KnollStudio design, produced to Mies' original specifications.
    Construction :
    - Stainless Steel frame welded in single piece construction for ultimate durability.
    - Stainless steel and chrome frames are hand-buffed to a mirror finish.
    - Individual leather panels are cut, hand-welted and hand-tufted.
    - Panels and buttons are crafted from a single hide

Upholstery
    - Available in more than 500 Spinneybeck leather colors in 20 different qualities
    - Straps laminated to match selected leather

Price
    - From $ 5.982 (chrome plated frame and leastexpensive leather) to $ 10.269 (stainless steel frame and most expensiveleather).

2. The Barcelona from Steelform
    Construction :
    - flat metal chromed frame (35 micron chrome plating)
    - unmachined tubular steel.  When delivered, it is cut to size and bent, before welders place it in appropriate jigs and precisely bond the individual parts together.
    - Seams are meticulously polished, before the frames are chrome-plated in the plating shop.
    - Some parts may be produced in China. Even if it says made in Italy, some italian, european and US companies may outsource in China (ie. the White on White store in New York) 

Upholstery
    - Available in less than twelve leather colors in 2 different qualities (aniline and leather)

Price
    - From $ 1,901.22 (chrome plated frame and leastexpensive leather) to $ 2,407.49 (special color & anilineleather).

At least
    We are not in the same league when talking about Knoll, but we can have something at a reasonable price and at a good quality.

Guy 

• 01-18-2008 1:41 AM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Guy;

Have your ever seen the interior furniture B & O used to make ?

• 01-18-2008 5:15 PM In reply to

SWISS 2:

Guy;

Have your ever seen the interior furniture B & O used to make ?

Hello,

I had during my trip to Struer (last april 2007), the opportunity to sit on an B&O chair. That was in the Listening Room :

I may be wrong, but back in 1998 in my former B&O store, the manager had one of these, but in black color. I heard the price was around 1500 euros per unit (need to be confirmed).

I was wondering if B&O brought in his Beoliving-room some of his own furnitures, during our visit in Struer too :

You can have a look in different angles of the Beoliving room. Many contemporary designed furnitures lay there.

By the way, who makes the floor lamp ? It seems to be from some Fontana Arte products, but I am not sure.

In my opinion, I will stay with brands such as MDF Italia, Cassina, LucePlan, Living divani, etc. and mix with some B&O ones.
    Cheers,

Guy 

• 01-18-2008 9:14 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Good photos from Struer !

Not sure on the floor lamp: it looks like a Spun Lamp, by Sebastian Wrong-FIOS, but the stand is different.

• 07-07-2008 5:10 AM In reply to

For furniture we are mostly Scandanavian (Jacobsen, Aalto and I hate to admit it but some cheap Ikea) with one chair by each of Paulin and Stark

2nd Prize winner in the May 2010 draw

42 - The answer to the ultimate question of Life, the Universe, and Everything

• 09-11-2008 7:36 PM In reply to

Hi everybody,

Here is the new Nimbo Lamp from Pallucco and designed by Studio Lagranja :

Nimbo for Pallucco.
    Designer: Studio Lagranja
    Year: 2008

Nimbo : an inspirational, sophisticated, technological cloud for which it is hard to find the words to describe.
    This light comes in three different versions: pendant, ceiling and wall.

It owes its singular shape to the overlapping of two methacrylate shells with a surface that is pleasantly rough to the touch. This effect is obtained thanks to the use of a fibreglass fabric-mesh soaked in composite materials that gives it its distinctive look and a decidedly material feel.

The light has a thin, curvy profile with three rounded corners and rises at the centre where the light is more intense.

The pendant version gives the impression of floating in a world without gravity and, like the wall/ceiling model, is enhanced by a dual light source: the light given off from the front is pure, soft and white while at the back it is coloured and atmospheric.
    It comes in opaline white, magenta and orange.

Nimbo combines both the weft and warp of light and its commanding presence sets the tone in any room.

Guy

• 09-13-2008 7:15 AM In reply to

• astrauch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-16-2007
    • Saarbrücken, Germany
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

We have many different brands in our home, but mostly Italian and German, like Molteni, Cor, De Sede, Draenert, Verardo.

My favorite piece is the Sinus chair from Cor, a design classic from 1976.

Sinus Armchair

• 09-15-2008 3:12 AM In reply to

To me you can't go far wrong with the Jacobsen designed Egg and Swan chairs manufactured by Fritz Hansen

2nd Prize winner in the May 2010 draw

42 - The answer to the ultimate question of Life, the Universe, and Everything

• 09-16-2008 3:15 AM In reply to

I agree, those are the icons of Bahaus design (Charles Eames, Le Corbusier, Eileen Gray, etc.) , like the Barcelona chairs for example.

Guy

• 12-13-2008 9:47 PM In reply to

Beside B&O, this is a subject I'm really interested!

So let's see what I got so far:

- 2 Wassily Chairs by Marcel Breuer

- 6 Series 7 chairs by Arne Jacobsen

- 1 Tulip armchair by Eero Saarinen

- 1 Tolomeo Tavolo lamp by Michelle de Lucchi [Artemide]

-  2 Tizio lamps by Richard Sapper [Artemide]

- 1 Juicy Salif by Philippe Starck

I'll update the list as I intend to buy some new pieces in the near future!

Jorge Marcedo Coimbra | Portugal
  • 12-14-2008 7:38 AM In reply to

Hello Jmarcedo,

What a beautiful collection you have. I wish you could send a picture to us and let us have a great look at your home furnitures. Smile

Guy

• 12-15-2008 6:31 AM In reply to

• fridsten
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 167
    • Founder

We moved to a bigger apartment this summer and ordered a pair of armchairs and a sofa. The sofa hasn't arrived yet, but the armchairs are called Jetson and have been designed by Bruno Mathsson.

I think they not only look great, but are also very comfortable. The sofa's coming tomorrow. Smile

• 12-15-2008 10:47 AM In reply to

Hello,

This WE, I have ordered my Ile Sofa, designed by Piero Lissoni, for Living Divani (in black Florence Leather) :

(Only the left part as it cost the price of a BS5... The right part called "la méridienne"  will come in 2010 I think)

It will take close to 6-8 weeks to be built in Italy and less than 1 one week to be delivered at my home, in France.

I am very pleased due to the fact that I was waiting during two years for this moment.

Guy

• 12-16-2008 3:21 PM In reply to

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

Guy, I love the sofa. What a great place to hang out and watch a movie.

Jonnie

• 12-16-2008 3:47 PM In reply to

Thanks Jonnie,

On each side of the Ile Sofa, there will be the BL4000 as for the "rear".

Guy

• 12-16-2008 4:04 PM In reply to

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

Superb. Must see some pics when it is set up??

Jonnie

Page 3 of 7 (155 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »