in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-24-2012 12:47 PM by beocool. 154 replies.
Page 1 of 7 (155 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-22-2007 5:50 AM

Home Furniture

Hello,

Most people down there appreciate beauty and design.

That way, I was wondering which home furniture do you have in your home or appartment ? 

Are you into Italian, Danish, UK, US, etc. designers ?

When speaking about home furniture, this means lamp, sofa, table, chairs, et.

Cheers for your input.

Guy 

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 04-22-2007 10:09 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Re: Home Furniture

i live in an appartment with an "open" kitchen", which means that kitchen and living room is one room.
    the kitchen is from varenna (italian design) with gaggenau equipment.
    dining table and sofas are from rolf benz. (german brand, but i would say de design is very international)
    the lowboard the bv7 stand on is from presotto, an italian brand too. (you can see a picture of it in the gallery)

i tryed to keep the design of the furniture simple, with lots of straight lines, nothing to fancy. but i bought all the stuff before a really knew that i would get the bv7, with witch the whole b&o-trip started...

interesting thread!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 04-22-2007 12:24 PM In reply to

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

My budget only allows relatively standard stuff from IKEA. However, I recently aquired some used Artek furniture designed by Alvar Alto (table and 4 chairs in beech and black, a mirror). I really like the clean design by Alto.

Chr.

Beosound Ouverture, Beocenter 9000, Beovision MX6000, Beocord VX7000
  • 04-25-2007 2:50 PM In reply to

tom:

i live in an appartment with an "open" kitchen", which means that kitchen and living room is one room.
    the kitchen is from varenna (italian design) with gaggenau equipment.
    dining table and sofas are from rolf benz. (german brand, but i would say de design is very international)
    the lowboard the bv7 stand on is from presotto, an italian brand too. (you can see a picture of it in the gallery)

i tryed to keep the design of the furniture simple, with lots of straight lines, nothing to fancy. but i bought all the stuff before a really knew that i would get the bv7, with witch the whole b&o-trip started...

interesting thread!

do i remember correct that you had pics of your apartment in old gallery?

i dig scandinavian look. allthough i spice it up with italian sofa and lamps. i bought 4 artek's alvar aalto 66 chairs week ago with table (white). i have 4 or 5 artemide's tolomeo lamps. i really love the design of it. one is wall mounted, other one is on the floor, one is on table, one is attached on bookshelf. under laptop i have artek's small aalto table (white)... carpets from hanna korvela design (finnish, papercarpets, rug(?)). i have aalto's "luonnos" rug - it is just beautiful. two ant chair (black) by arne jacobsen... oh, dear... what else is there... plywood lamp above kitchen table by finnish design makers called nollanolla. really love their stuff. there's more coming every month.

on want list there is a chair by alvar aalto or arne jacobsen. not really sure which one to choose - allthough time is not right to get it either. but as life goes on... there's plenty of time (hopefully) to make plans and only dream about it.

i like poul kjaerholm's work, eero aarnio's chairs and lamps and things like that. danish design is just perfect, too.

• 04-25-2007 6:04 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

jooka:
    [

do i remember correct that you had pics of your apartment in old gallery?

you do remember well. i have send edouard one pic so far, waiting for the new gallery to work

• 04-26-2007 6:08 PM In reply to

Thanks you all of you for your replies.

I do really like Cassina (Artico Table), Living Divani for their "Ile" Sofa, Luceplan (Costanza & Costanzina lamps), B&B Italia (sofas, chair) for example.

Emilio Robba also makes great reproductions of flowers.

Guy 

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 04-27-2007 7:09 AM In reply to

I have this shelves for keep my CDs colection tidy up:

http://www.puntmobles.es/UK/product/1/p1a.html

Great Spanish design.

Rafa
  • 04-27-2007 10:11 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

morgan:

Great Spanish design.

really like these and could use some. i was on their site, but i could not find a dealer list. do you know if they sell in luxembourg?

• 04-27-2007 3:43 PM In reply to

tom:
    morgan:

Great Spanish design.

really like these and could use some. i was on their site, but i could not find a dealer list. do you know if they sell in luxembourg?

I don´t know. They are from Valencia. Clicking "Information" in www.puntmobles.com , and "information request" you can ask them directly.

Rafa
  • 05-02-2007 5:51 AM In reply to

Hello,

I had the chance to sit on one of the Paul Kjaerholm' chairs present in the main room at the Farm at Struer. Those ones are beautiful, the quality of the materials (leather, chrome-plated steel,) is there :

At the same time, we can have a look at the PK61 Sofa Table that was there too at the Farm :

Poul Kjaerholm glass topped E. Kold Christensen coffee table- Denmark- 1950's

Measurements :
    height: 33.02 cm (13")
    depth: 81.28 cm (32 1/2")
    width/length: 81.28 cm (32 1/2")

Guy

• 05-02-2007 8:36 AM In reply to

• fridsten
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 167
    • Founder

You can see for yourselves... Wink

http://home.fridsten.se/beo/room/

• 05-02-2007 1:39 PM In reply to

pk's are really nice. had a chance to sit on pk22 (leather, too) acouple of weeks ago. seating position was very low. bit disappointed for the cause i was really hoping to feel better experience of it. not bad - but there's better chairs for almost the same amount of money from fritz hansen for example. well, this is imo.
  • 05-05-2007 11:56 AM In reply to

• Philippe
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Hmm, I have a mix and match of furniture that is like life is : a mix and match of influences.

So at home, you'll find Ikea & Habitat stuff as well as Ligne Roset chairs, Vitra chair (Charles Eames), Cinna sofa, Flos & Luceplan lamps, Ingo Maurer lamp...

Like my B&O collection, I'm all set-up in the furniture field too!

Philippe

• 05-09-2007 9:26 AM In reply to

I'm kinda design furniture fan, i.e.:

- Verner Panton - "Moon" - Ceiling Lamp

- Philippe Starck - Juicy Salif" - Citrus Squeezer

- Wilmotte et associes - "Mouette Asymmetrical" - Lamp

- Jasper Morrison - "ATM" - Office Table

- Verner Panton - "Amoebe" - Chair

etc, etc...

It all depends on your capacity of mixing the design objects having in mind your available space.

"Design is: taste + taste + taste"

Hope this examples could help anyone outhere.

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

• 05-09-2007 1:58 PM In reply to

If i had to buy (and I really want) a sofa, it would the Living Divani "Ile" model :

ile sofa

An for the bed, I 'd rather get the Cloudy Night bed from Pallucco :

Guy 

• 05-10-2007 3:39 AM In reply to

GuyHui :

If i had to buy (and I really want) a sofa, it would the Living Divani "Ile" model :

ile sofa

An for the bed, I 'd rather get the Cloudy Night bed from Pallucco :

Guy 

Hi Guy,

I must see that i quite fancy the design... but... do you know B&B Italia ?

Do see this link: http://www.bebitalia.it

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

• 05-10-2007 1:42 PM In reply to

Hi pedrompinto,

Of course I know B&B Italia. I do like their Dadone Sofa designed by Antonio Citterio in 2003.

Guy 

• 05-10-2007 3:36 PM In reply to

I order this and it comes next weekBig Smile

Between my sofa and BV7-40 

• 05-10-2007 3:36 PM In reply to

• Tibor
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Budapest, Hungary
    • Posts 36
    • Founder

Hi Guy,

I have this CD rack ( made of cherry wood ) in our living room beside my BS3200 :

http://www.ligetidesign.hu/hun/cikk.php?id=38

Cheers,

Tibor

Next step: BV7-40 or BS3 with projector ?

• 05-10-2007 5:12 PM In reply to

Hi Tibor,

Those are great. The quality seems to be there when watching the photo.

Cheers, 

Guy 

• 05-10-2007 5:14 PM In reply to

Hi Anderson,

What is the brand and who designed this sofa ? 

Is it made of pure Aluminium or chrome-plated steel as it seems to be on the picture ?

Guy 

• 05-10-2007 5:46 PM In reply to

This table is design by a swedish designer

made in MDF and Alu 

cost 1100 EUR 

http://www.heliumdesign.se/en/products/funkyone/wht/black.html

• 05-11-2007 2:09 AM In reply to

Thanks for the information Anderson. I always liked Aluminium;

MDF Italia makes some really nice products too in aluminium like their cabinets, tables and acccessories :

Cheers,
    Guy 

• 05-11-2007 3:38 PM In reply to

• Greg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 109
    • Bronze Member

Ah yes. We have MDF Italia's Minima 60 (aluminium with Carerra marble top) in the living room, which is just beautiful. We have some other (well quite a lot) MDF Italia stuff - Minima 29 Pensile wall shelving, more Minima (40 this time) in the hallway and (I think) Alucase in the dining room, which offsets the walnut furniture just so.

As for sofas, we have sofas, 'love seat' and bench of Cassina's 'Nest' in grey cashmere. So, for us, mostly Italian stuff. 

Pssst! We also have some Habitat and Ikea upstairs where nobody will see ;-)
  • 05-11-2007 3:45 PM In reply to

• Greg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 109
    • Bronze Member

Morgan:

Great Spanish design.

Love the look of these - we had them before the MDF Italia ones. But we found the quality not so great as the design - the holes weren't drilled in exactly the right place, the oak veneer had some rough edges... we were so disappointed. We then went with B&B Italia - can't remember product name - before finally ditching it all and going with MDF Italia. Expensive process, sure, but now it's perfect!
Page 1 of 7 (155 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »