in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-24-2012 12:47 PM by beocool. 154 replies.
Page 5 of 7 (155 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-11-2009 9:37 PM In reply to

Re: Home Furniture

While I do like its design, especially the lightness you've pointed out, I cannot help but think that the cushion would be pushed into that "crack" while you're sleeping, making it quite uncomfortable, not to mention annoying, when you would have to set it back all night. I used to have a bed without a headrest and no wall behind it and it drove me crazy.

That said, I still haven't found a bed I would actually like to own - I had mine custom made. It is basically a simple wooden frame, painted in white and put on four legs that are positioned towards the middle. The whole frame is a couple of centimetres shorter than the mattress on each side, so that when you look at it, depending on the angle, you either see a floating mattress or ( if you are really short or far away ) a mattress with legs.

• 02-12-2009 1:36 AM In reply to

Hi Gorissek,

Thanks for your input.

What do you mean by "crack". Do we need to replace the matress on the bed most of the time during the night with that kind od bed ?

By the way, can we see some picture of your customized bed ? Smile

Guy

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 02-12-2009 8:25 AM In reply to

No, I didn't mean the mattress, but this part on the photo below. To me it just looks like the pillow would be pushed back towards the headrest and then down in there during sleep. Or maybe that's just me : )notice the circle

As for the photo, I will take it ( and of B&O beside it, too ) as soon as my new Leica arrives. Are the galleries fully working now?

• 02-12-2009 2:02 PM In reply to

Yes, you are right, I did not mention that point before you mentionned it.

As for the galleries, I guess yes. If not you should make a report to the moderating team. Meantime, I would be pleased to see your nice customized bed.

Cheers,

Guy

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 02-14-2009 1:04 PM In reply to

Hello,

In this picture, do you know the reference (brand, designer) of the coffee table (with the Beo4 on it), on the right of the Charles & Eames's La Chaise ?

In this second picture, do you know the reference (brand, designer) of the coffee table (with the Beo4 on it) ?

It looks like the asnago vender coffee table from Pallucco, bit it's not the same one.

Thanks for your reply,

Cheers,

Guy

• 02-14-2009 1:21 PM In reply to

The table in the first photo looks a lot like Vitra's Occasional Table LTR by Charles & Ray Eames. But they don't make it in red ( anymore? ), so I could be wrong.

• 02-14-2009 1:59 PM In reply to

Yes, you are right about the Charles and Ray Eames' LTR table :

Thanks !

Guy

• 02-14-2009 2:05 PM In reply to

Any idea regarding this coffee table ?

Who made it?

Thnaks for your help !

Cheers,

Guy

• 04-23-2009 12:25 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

GuyHui :

Any idea regarding this coffee table ?

Who made it?

Thnaks for your help !

Cheers,

Guy

Has anyone found out who is this table? I love it too.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 04-24-2009 2:32 PM In reply to

Another view of my living room.

The side board is temporaily there as I am on my way to replace it.

22th of October 2010 : a newcomer, the BV10 46", bye bye old dear Avant TV ...

The BC6000 MK1 is replaced by the new one (including the beoline and its base without the red/green led).

Cheers,

Guy

• 05-04-2009 5:05 AM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

Not sure if USM Haller was mentioned before, but I think they are a real fit with B&O. I hope to replace the BV3 with the new BV10 end of the year. Also I am looking for this wallcovering for the wall behind the TV (without the flowers indeed)

http://www.marburg.com/en/mt/wohnwelten/opulenz/u_m_scala04.php

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

• 05-07-2009 8:11 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Concerning furniture, do someone knows about this (UK-based??) company : http://www.italianclassicsdirect.co.uk/home.php

They have unbelievable prices on classic furniture, so unbelievable that I doubt they are serious. I'm thinking of buying a pair of Arne Jacobsen Swan chairs, but the Fritz Hansen ones are simply too expensive for what it is... (at this price I prefer buying a second Smala coach from Pascal Mourge instead of just a chair!)

So, if someone has already bought something from this website, please let me know!

• 05-07-2009 11:56 AM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

As far as I know the Italian law for interlectual property is different to other European countries, so that is the reason why the can offer these products as 1:1 copy of the "orginal" 

I own a Lounge Chair form Vitra (the edition in white, very cool...) and also the alu chair and I have seen such copies from dealers listed above at a friends house. The quality of the leather and the overall finish is very different. You get what you pay for....

I would not go for it.

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

• 05-07-2009 12:02 PM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

mbee, just saw the you are interested in Ligne Roset furniture as well. I have purchased several items from them over the last 10 years and I must say that the quality is not in line with the pricing they ask for.

Have a closer look at the finish (especially the glossy white ones). Quite disapointing! Also my 3 year old sofa (Rive Gauche) looks like 10 years old. However, my 12 year old Multi in Alcantara looks like new!  

• 05-11-2009 10:21 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Ok concerning replicas, I will try to avoid them unless I find something really good in real life.

Concerning Ligne Roset, I have to say that it is one of the most known french furniture maker. I'm looking for the Smala and I have seen it aged many times : it seem to be of a very good build quality. I frequently meet the director of the french twin brand Cinna (which sells the Smala sofa in France), so next time I will try to know if they are aware of some quality issues with their products... Whistle

• 10-31-2009 5:30 PM In reply to

Hi everybody,

Here are the two new pendant lights that I have ordered. items should be at home in one month, the time it takes for them to be produced in Italy.

- Nimbo from Pallucco, 730mm :

- Pierce from Artemide :

I'll post some pictures soon xD

Cheers,

Guy

• 12-30-2009 4:30 PM In reply to

Hi everybody,

Finally, it took close to two months to get the ceiling lamps from Italy.

Here is the Nimbo celing lamp produced by Pallucco and behind the Pirce one made by Artemide :

The reflection shows the Costanza floor lamp produced by Luceplan. Behind is the ceiling lamp Nimbo by Pallucco :

More pictures to come in the daylight especially for the ceiling lamp "Pirce" - Artemide :

On the Cassina Artico table, on the left is the Costanzina Luceplan table light. On the right we can see the Emilio Robba False flowers composition :

Sorry for the poor quality, iPhone 3GS is only 3mx.

Cheers,

Guy

• 05-25-2010 1:56 PM In reply to

Hi dear beofans,

Here is some new pictures regarding designed cushions. That Ile (by Living Divani) sofa looks nicer with appropriate cushions.

I went to Lelièvre Paris, 4 rue de Furstenberg, in 75006 Paris to get those cushions.

Cushions are made with modern mixed fabrics.

Cheers,

Guy

• 11-19-2010 3:05 PM In reply to

Eahm, I have to admit that all of you have a wonderful tast for furniture!

Thank you very much for that many ideas and impressions!

Beo Time, A8, EarSet3i, EarSet2, BC2, BC6, BL3, BL11, Apple TV1, BEO Ballpen, BL2000, BL3500

Christmas 2010 Prize Draw 1st winner. BeoSound 9000 Mk3 

Thank you

• 11-19-2010 3:24 PM In reply to

GuyHui :

Hi everybody,

Here is the Nimbo celing lamp produced by Pallucco and behind the Pirce one made by Artemide :

The reflection shows the Costanza floor lamp produced by Luceplan. Behind is the ceiling lamp Nimbo by Pallucco :

More pictures to come in the daylight especially for the ceiling lamp "Pirce" - Artemide :

On the Cassina Artico table, on the left is the Costanzina Luceplan table light. On the right we can see the Emilio Robba False flowers composition :

Cheers,

Guy

Hi GuyHui,

Thank you very much for the pictures! I have got a question short question, the Pierce from Artemide ist the one with 70W/h or the one with 400W/h.

Thank you in advance,

Larskoelle

Beo Time, A8, EarSet3i, EarSet2, BC2, BC6, BL3, BL11, Apple TV1, BEO Ballpen, BL2000, BL3500

Thank you

• 11-20-2010 8:28 PM In reply to

Hi,

Mine uses 1 x 400W R7s lamp...

Cheers,

• 11-23-2010 2:22 PM In reply to

GuyHui :

Hi everybody,

Cheers,

Guy

Hej Guy, 

is that really the following one? 

http://www.artemide.de/aktuelles_detail.php?id=21&showlang=

It really looks good and its quit cheap... 

Thanks, 

Larskoelle

Thank you

• 11-25-2010 6:33 AM In reply to

I don't know if this have been posted before...but here goes

Apple freaks might like this Danish designed table

www.MILK.dk

I'm looking for a desk/table (for Mac PC) that can stand free on the floor, and not up against the wall!

Anders

Regards Anders

• 11-25-2010 9:10 AM In reply to

• redil
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-22-2010
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

Hei Folks

didn't know that the beoforum also served as an introduction to modern furniture European Style.Wink

My interest in this area is related to B&O specifically to the BV10-40.

To stow away the equiment, and given the locations constraints I am looking for something that fits the following description:

1. 120-130cm long, height 35cm, depth 35-40cm

2. should be closed but need to get access to IR RC, back can be open for heat dissipation and cabling.

are there some good ideas about such a lowboard floating around in the community?

thanks all in advance

Filed under:
  • 11-25-2010 1:38 PM In reply to

Just thought I'd let you know there is a really nice shop just opened in Leicester which sells loads of mid century modern furniture, and lighting. Stuff like

Mies Van Der Rohe

Le Corbuiser

Eames

Panton

Breuer

Eero Aarnio

etc

It's all repro stuff but great quality and pretty low cost!

Check out

www.bluesuntree.co.uk

The showroom is really nice if anyone is ever passing :)

Page 5 of 7 (155 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >