in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-04-2008 11:42 AM by Bouncer. 86 replies.
Page 2 of 4 (87 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-17-2007 4:58 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: HDMI EXPANDER FOR BV7

Beolab:

Have you tried to increase the master contrast (Backlight contrast) in the service menu then?  

Hm, it must be the DVD or the panel then.. Did they change panel to the MK III panel when you had it in for service?

Disclaimer for my local dealer who reads these forums: I don't use the service menu.

Yes, I'm sure it's the DVD player as the same movie through Sky HD or BBC HD is absolutely perfect, bright and so on. No, the panel wasn't changed. The chassis was updated though. So, I have a very modern chassis, with a MKI LCD panel :)

• 10-17-2007 5:40 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:
    Beolab:

Have you tried to increase the master contrast (Backlight contrast) in the service menu then?  

Hm, it must be the DVD or the panel then.. Did they change panel to the MK III panel when you had it in for service?

Disclaimer for my local dealer who reads these forums: I don't use the service menu.

Yes, I'm sure it's the DVD player as the same movie through Sky HD or BBC HD is absolutely perfect, bright and so on. No, the panel wasn't changed. The chassis was updated though. So, I have a very modern chassis, with a MKI LCD panel :)

But you must be awear of that your DVD copy of the film aren't the same as they use at the TV station.. They usually use Digital Betamax tapes. Much higher bit-rate and more like master copy than DVD copy.. DVD= compressed to 10 Mbits/second...

And also a DVD copy can look different depend of the label and what company ho distributes it...

So i don´t think you can compare the same movie on DVD with Sky HD broadcasting i am afrid...

But go and take a look at the new BV7-32  MK III High Glare at your dealer.. I think he can make a good price for you if you trade in the old BV7...

Regards

Regards  

BL8000 MkII Black

• 10-17-2007 6:35 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Beolab:

But go and take a look at the new BV7-32  MK III High Glare at your dealer.. I think he can make a good price for you if you trade in the old BV7...

As I mentioned, my dealer says this (new BV7-32 'high glare') doesn't exist. I think you might have been mistaken. There is no new BV7-32 with improved contrast ratio. I've had this confirmed again this morning. The current BV7-32 is the same as the BV7-32 that's been on-sale for a few months with no product update due soon. 

• 10-17-2007 6:50 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:
    Beolab:

As I mentioned, my dealer says this (new BV7-32 'high glare') doesn't exist. I think you might have been mistaken. There is no new BV7-32 with improved contrast ratio. I've had this confirmed again this morning. The current BV7-32 is the same as the BV7-32 that's been on-sale for a few months with no product update due soon. 

Here in the new catalog you can see in the spec: High Glare panel ( on 40" and 32" ) it says..

http://www.ladda-upp.com/bilder/781/beovision-7-mk-lll-dark-grey.

The panel are new trust me, but to small difference for B&o to make a MK IV or a note...

The high glare gives the BV7-40 2000:1 in contrast ratio instead of 1200:1 as the US model...

So the BV 7-32 have also a higher contrast if you order one today...

Regards

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/UserFiles/file/Press/BVi7-40%20EU_PR.pdf  2000:1 contrast

BL8000 MkII Black

• 10-17-2007 7:23 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

I'll wait for the Bang & Olufsen website to be updated, first. If the dealer claims there is no change, I'm not taking the risk based on hearsay. 'High glare' could just be a marketing term that applies to technology used. Yes, the 40" version has been updated for sure, but we can only speculate on the 32" based on the 'high glare' marketing term.
  • 10-17-2007 7:49 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:
    I'll wait for the Bang & Olufsen website to be updated, first. If the dealer claims there is no change, I'm not taking the risk based on hearsay. 'High glare' could just be a marketing term that applies to technology used. Yes, the 40" version has been updated for sure, but we can only speculate on the 32" based on the 'high glare' marketing term.

But B&o said to my dealer when he were in the Berlin meeting that Bv7-32Mk III will not see any chassie updates in the future sadley... Just panel updates...

BL8000 MkII Black

• 10-17-2007 8:21 AM In reply to

At least we should see a Type number change... and maybe the HDMI sockets on the back...

• 10-17-2007 8:31 AM In reply to

So, going back to the original topic, anyone got more info on the HDMI Expander?

Availability, cost?

Br,

Petros

• 10-17-2007 5:36 PM In reply to

The new panel for BV7-32 hasn't been realest jet, So you can't find it at your dealer, I think it also is going to have the same type of contrast screen as BV7-40 mk3 and BC6...

• 10-22-2007 6:49 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Hello Speaking to my dealer this morning and the HDMI expander is a readl product but i want to know if i run my sky hd and PS3 into the hdmi box and that then runs into the DVI socket

Where will my beomedia go as it currently uses the DVI.

Help

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 10-22-2007 6:52 AM In reply to

seanklemis:

Hello Speaking to my dealer this morning and the HDMI expander is a readl product but i want to know if i run my sky hd and PS3 into the hdmi box and that then runs into the DVI socket

Where will my beomedia go as it currently uses the DVI.

That is no problem. The Beomedia will also go on the expander, using a DVI-to-HDMI cable...

Please, ask your dealer about the price of the expander, and let us know...

• 10-22-2007 7:03 AM In reply to

I am on the case and will let everybody know. On dealer said it is not HDCP compatible cna anybodty explain and does it affect this?

thanks
    Vince

• 10-22-2007 7:15 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

That would be plain silly (no HDCP support), particularly since the current single-DVI socket supports HDCP. As it's just a pass through (ie no conversion etc), I'd guess that whatever the current DVI socket supports, this HDMI expander will support, including HDCP.
  • 10-22-2007 7:17 AM In reply to

• GSHaigh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North West UK
    • Posts 163
    • Bronze Member

Surely it's HDCP compliant?  HDCP is the copy protection protocol that is used by HD sources.  It's supposed to ensure HD content isn't copied.

One question on the BeoMedia question....  I have the same problem,  BeoMedia has VGA out which is currenly converted to DVI.  But I'm not 100% sure you can go VGA to DVI to HDMI,  I might be wrong but I am sure there is a problem in doing this.

Greg

• 10-22-2007 7:20 AM In reply to

HDCP is probably something like HD Copy Protection

It is way for a source (like a blue ray DVD or a set top box) to send an encrypted signal to the TV, so that it cannot be recorded.

Full HD or HD ready sets HAVE to be compatible to get the Logo.

p.

• 10-22-2007 8:28 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

ok currently i have VGA (bedmedia) to DVI (bv7) so do i need to go from VGA > DVI > HDMI or can i buy a VGA > HDMI cable???

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 10-22-2007 8:31 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

its ok i have foudn in maplin for example a dvi to hdmi socket thing and i suppose i coudl just put this on the end of the cable and whack it into the expander box

Lets keep this thread full of info as i want one ASAP but need more info as far as im away its a thrid party compnay that will produce this but bang & olufsen will sell it and upgrade the BV7 to understand the expander box and control it via beo4

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 10-22-2007 4:48 PM In reply to

• GSHaigh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North West UK
    • Posts 163
    • Bronze Member

I think the best solution for BeoMedia is a VGA to Component Video Cable.  Need to check the connections to see if you can select this for PC.

Greg

• 10-23-2007 3:07 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

can i buy vga to component cables?

if so can you show me one (link)?

I have my dealer keeping me posted on the item all the time.

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 10-23-2007 4:02 AM In reply to

• GSHaigh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North West UK
    • Posts 163
    • Bronze Member

• 10-24-2007 3:26 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Thanks for the link

does anyone have any more info on this i know my dealer said its not on his system to order yet.

When will this arrive

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 10-24-2007 5:46 AM In reply to

HDMI EXPANDER FOR BV7

Talked to my dealer today. He stated that this is far from being a final product. It could be weeks or months before it is launched. He wouldn't commit further.

Guess I have to continue with HDMI/ DVI convertor and optical/ toslink for audio

• 10-24-2007 5:48 AM In reply to

Dealer are sometimes less aware that people on this forum...

• 10-24-2007 6:16 AM In reply to

• GSHaigh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North West UK
    • Posts 163
    • Bronze Member

It is listed as a part number and a news item on the B&O retail system.  I'm waiting for my dealer to come back to me.

Dealers are unfautunately the last people to find out information and sometimes feel embarassed when a end users gives them details about a new product or upgrade.  A good dealer however will then seek out the information.....

Lets see who comes back to us first.  At least they have seen the need for this upgrade....

Greg

• 10-24-2007 6:35 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

It might be childish but i want one right now.

i want to get my whole system runnign with HDMI and i can remove the big old clunky hard to hide scart leads.

let us know as soon as yoru dealer get back please.

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

Page 2 of 4 (87 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >