in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-07-2007 10:06 AM by Bulgarien. 101 replies.
Page 4 of 5 (102 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-03-2007 4:15 AM In reply to

Re: The Serenata has launched!

Expect some more! One of our number has one!!
  • 10-03-2007 4:38 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Those are the standard press pictures.  I sat behind the T3 reporter on the coach!

I will be posting some pictures later, but not the official ones. Smile

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 10-03-2007 7:54 AM In reply to

at least they're doing their own thing , typically bno 

unlike everyone else who seems to be into iphone ripoffs 

popgear is grate™

• 10-03-2007 7:58 AM In reply to

I like the T3 video on YouTube, it looks like a great commercial teaser and then the last information is :.....but it costs GBP 1,000 !!

Up to you to understand whether they mean "You'll never get it" or "only for the haves, sorry!" or "start saving now!" 

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 10-03-2007 9:23 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

beoberlin:
    Henry:
    Reason being the touch-wheel for SMS messaging would seem to be an utter pain in the backside from what I can assume.
    I´m afraid you´re right. Hearing "touchscreen" I thought at first there has to be some kind of iPhone-like keyboard. But way wrong. On the site there is demo af writing a sms via the scroll wheel, this is not good. By the way: Does somebody know how to change the language of the serenata page, the german translation is quite, hm, "special".Regards, beoberlin

They already prompted me about this, so it seems they are on top of it!

Language setting options are being implemented as we speak, and this will be working either tonight or tomorrow morning. Smile

Lee

• 10-03-2007 11:24 AM In reply to

While I'm sure this will be tested, it would be great to get feedback on the output volume and clarity of the built-in speaker.  Basically, is this a device that should only be used when you're sitting right in front of it or can it fill a room with sound?  Certainly, no one expects output approaching a BeoSound unit, but how far can the Serenata go and does quality diminish at certain volume levels?  It would also be interesting to get feedback on how well it  performs for music playback in noisier environments, both indoor and outdoor.  Thanks for all your feedback on this as many of us are very interested.

Jeff 

• 10-03-2007 1:28 PM In reply to

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

My two thoughts:

1) There isn't yet a page on the Beoworld products section with all our collected information so far on it; I assume that someone will probably get one put together in the next few days?

2) What's the price of it, or have I missed that in a previous post? With a Serene at £800 (I think, it's ages since I got mine), I'm presuming that we're talking £1100 or the like? I'll assume that in (sadly) traditional B&O style, theyll keep the price of the Serene fixed... <sigh> I also apologise I missed this in a previous post
  • 10-03-2007 1:56 PM In reply to

I think it was Anders who suggested it the estimated price will be £1000, so you almost got it. As to the price of the Serene, yes I wish it would drop (just a bit at least), but I very much doubt it.

Sad

• 10-03-2007 2:38 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

9 LEE:
    Those are the standard press pictures.  I sat behind the T3 reporter on the coach!

Did he look a bit thick?
    Couldn't even spell Serenata!!!

Poor me, never win owt!

• 10-03-2007 2:49 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Aye - not only have Setanta nicked the football from Sky they've also nicked B&O's new phone! Des Lynam will be on the TV adverts.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 10-03-2007 3:25 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

jandyt:

9 LEE:

Did he look a bit thick?
    Couldn't even spell Serenata!!!

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Far be it from me to criticise my fellow "hacks" - but he was asleep most of the time on the coach. He was pretty young (i'd say early 20's) and had obviously been to a great party the night before! Poor lad..

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing 

• 10-03-2007 3:27 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Pleased I don't subscribe toward his salary!

• 10-03-2007 3:27 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Can i also say i've typed up the Torben interview, and am about half way through the Serenata Review.  The hours are whizzing by!!

It will be on tonight - i guarantee - but most of you may have gone to bed!! Laughing

Still, it doesn't steal the thunder from the Wednesday Night thread which we all love!. Smile

Lee 

• 10-03-2007 5:21 PM In reply to

rgbyhkr:

While I'm sure this will be tested, it would be great to get feedback on the output volume and clarity of the built-in speaker.  Basically, is this a device that should only be used when you're sitting right in front of it or can it fill a room with sound?  Certainly, no one expects output approaching a BeoSound unit, but how far can the Serenata go and does quality diminish at certain volume levels?  It would also be interesting to get feedback on how well it  performs for music playback in noisier environments, both indoor and outdoor.  Thanks for all your feedback on this as many of us are very interested.

Jeff 

Oh, one other thing along the same lines.  In my experience, small speakers may do well with certain types of music but struggle with others, especially at higher volumes.  Distortion is common as is "tinniness".  I would classify most of the ECM tracks on the Serenata Mobile site as fairly "non-challenging" for a small speaker.  While the tracks are wonderful (I actually downloaded most of them today because I liked them so much), I wonder how the Serenata will handle more aggressive rock, rap, metal, etc tracks?

Jeff

• 10-03-2007 6:06 PM In reply to

I start to like it more and more, however I think one thing is terribly wrong – wap browser… What the? Is it really hard to put and full html browser so you can check yahoo.com for example or anything else…

I want a picture where the phone is among beautiful stones that is used on B&O web site not serenatmobile.com – couldn’t find that one in media library…

• 10-03-2007 6:14 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Given comments elsewhere it would be interesting to hear the Satanta (sorry Serenata) in its "stand alone player" mode with different genres of music playing rather than the (very pleasant) music demoed on the Serenata site. This will be difficult in the dealers however because of the lack of memory card slot, unless they are prepared to copy any music you take with you onto a PC to then transfer to the phone.

A frequent traveller could find the "stand alone player" mode quite attractive when in Czech or Chinese hotel rooms etc. (although when it happens to me I also have with me my laptop with my full iTunes collection and so it doesn't really add anything I haven't got).

Perhaps in a holiday hotel room is a better example, where I would normally take "travel" speakers to use with my (admittedly 30gb) iPod.

• 10-03-2007 7:49 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

The BeoWorld Serenata review is here!!

Lee

Big Smile 

• 10-04-2007 2:40 AM In reply to

It´s pretty cocky that B&O has listed Serenata under Audio section

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/page.asp?id=9 

• 10-04-2007 7:41 AM In reply to

Puncher:

Given comments elsewhere it would be interesting to hear the Satanta (sorry Serenata) in its "stand alone player" mode with different genres of music playing rather than the (very pleasant) music demoed on the Serenata site. This will be difficult in the dealers however because of the lack of memory card slot, unless they are prepared to copy any music you take with you onto a PC to then transfer to the phone.

I  think this will present an interesting challenge as well.  I've never played with the BeoPlayer software, so I don't know how friendly it is to use for quick updates.  Perhaps stores could have it setup where a computer with the BeoPlayer software has a variety of music beyind the Serenata's 4GB capacity for situations like this.  It doesn't solve the issue of letting you play exactly the songs you might want to, but it's something.

I came across this same issue when checking out speakers in my local B&O shop (BeoLab 9s, I think).  They were setup such that the only source feeding them was a Kaleidescape movie server.  While it supports music as well, they had to import my music CD before I could listen to the specific songs I wanted to hear.  Certainly not the easiest way to go about doing a demo.

Puncher:
    A frequent traveller could find the "stand alone player" mode quite attractive when in Czech or Chinese hotel rooms etc. (although when it happens to me I also have with me my laptop with my full iTunes collection and so it doesn't really add anything I haven't got).

Perhaps in a holiday hotel room is a better example, where I would normally take "travel" speakers to use with my (admittedly 30gb) iPod.

I do kind of wonder if they left out one very useful feature.  4GB is small for someone like me who is still getting used to managing 8GB on my iPhone.  However, I know that many folks don't need as much space as I do.  So, while I would have preferred an SD or even MIcroSD slot for storage, that's ok.  Imagine though if they would have included an audio input on the docking cable.  Now you have a unit that could be used with any source as the ultimate portable speaker.  I'd imagine that the Serenata's speaker, whatever the limitations, is far better than most small portable speakers you see sold for mp3 players and probably is better than the speakers on most laptops.  This would have been a killer addition.

Jeff

• 10-04-2007 12:42 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

For our international users!

I have just been informed that the Serenata microsite is now available in the following languages -

English

Danish

German

Spanish

Italian

French

You can access these by simply clicking on the link at the bottom. Happy reading!

Lee

Smile

• 10-04-2007 2:28 PM In reply to

Slightly off-topic, but I've downloaded the Beta version of BeoPort available on Serenata's website, and it works great! Now all NMUSIC albums have the original CD cover , and if the albums don't have any, you can always copy/paste any picture you like ; the user guide is only in English for the moment, and I seem to have seen one line saying it would now be possible to watch photos while playing music on the final BeoPort 5.00 to be released soon.

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 10-06-2007 4:32 PM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

Another new video that present Serenata . This time with a good looking girl ;-)

Notice the way she handle the telephone ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-YzcHLlg6A

• 10-06-2007 5:07 PM In reply to

Another video on serenata

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0ImceSEHKg

• 10-06-2007 11:01 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Bulgarien:

Another new video that present Serenata . This time with a good looking girl ;-)

Notice the way she handle the telephone ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-YzcHLlg6A

Someone should have told her to SLOW DOWN. Whats a saranati? Stick out tongue 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Page 4 of 5 (102 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >