in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-07-2007 10:06 AM by Bulgarien. 101 replies.
Page 1 of 5 (102 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-01-2007 9:02 AM

• van
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-19-2006
    • Brighton, UK
    • Posts 663
    • Gold Member

The Serenata has launched!

http://www.serenatamobile.com/main.aspx

Very beautiful looking

(Testing editing post)

• 10-01-2007 9:07 AM In reply to

Re: The Serenata has launched!

van:

http://www.serenatamobile.com/main.aspx

Very beautiful looking

indeed it is. 

The slider seems for speaker mode when calling handsfree

Extend the sound even further to any room in your home via BeoLink

• 10-01-2007 9:08 AM In reply to

Yes, and no mentioning of Mac support whatsoever, which makes the device close to useless to many of us. I keep being more and more disappointed by B&O perpetually following this path. They just force you to use an iPod this way and I really want something more stylish than that.
    Filed under: ,
  • 10-01-2007 9:16 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I'm absolutely floored.

You have got to be joking. I can't believe you're complaining! There is full software support for mac. It mentions mac all the way through the site hello, It even includes a page with the Serenata connected to a mac.

WHAT AN INCREDIBLE SITE they have created! Bravo bravo B&O it appears that they have answered to every single complaint about the Serene, will it be cheaper too? 

I love the music they've chosen for the site also. Smile 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 10-01-2007 9:17 AM In reply to

• 10-01-2007 9:18 AM In reply to

I love it. I want one, and i want it NOW.. when are we going to see them in Australia. I hope we don't have to wait as long as we did for Serene.

Oh my god... I'm so excited..

I'm a nerd. I know it and i'm proud to share my nerdisms with you all

jazz 

• 10-01-2007 9:19 AM In reply to

Mm, I just read Mac and PC somewhere you're right. But at the specs, they only mention PC software and Windows XP and 2000. No Mac OS at all and no iTunes plugins are mentioned. That's confusing. And is there an iSync plugin?
  • 10-01-2007 9:19 AM In reply to

Cornelius:
    Yes, and no mentioning of Mac support whatsoever, which makes the device close to useless to many of us. I keep being more and more disappointed by B&O perpetually following this path. They just force you to use an iPod this way and I really want something more stylish than that.

Actually it does talk about Mac support on the music side. Check music->connections->transferring tunes

Now the problem is more on the sync of contacts/calenders...

• 10-01-2007 10:09 AM In reply to

• tc
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-25-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 18
    • Bronze Member

Any idea on pricing yet?
  • 10-01-2007 10:17 AM In reply to

• pdoisy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Italy
    • Posts 41
    • Bronze Member

Waow, very nice product, very cool, very B&O.

And very nice site too! I really enjoyed the music.

I am sure they will be some plug-ins for iSync very soon. For example, Nokia never supported Mac but many softwares exist on the market (free or not) to palliate this.

Insiders, any idea of price and availability?

• 10-01-2007 10:21 AM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

Very nice, looks promising.

Any specs. regarding the speakers?

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 10-01-2007 10:21 AM In reply to

tc:
    Any idea on pricing yet?

In sweden aprox 1400€ 

• 10-01-2007 10:25 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Promising price, too!

(now salivating)

I'm extremely jealous of the lucky Beoworlder that won first prize and first order of this phone.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 10-01-2007 10:35 AM In reply to

Aloha,

I plan to visit my closest dealer and make my judgment once I have seen Serenata in flesh.
    Beautiful website indeed. I waited until the final countdown (3 PM in France) before seeing the black pebble in action.
    I really hope the Serenata to have the B&O touch...

Guy 

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 10-01-2007 10:44 AM In reply to

Hm, for a moment i was really temted to trash my current mobile and cancel the order for the iPod touch. I really like the design and the concept of the serenata. But: a so-called music player with 4gb only? The are kidding, aren´t they? Way too small... Any info on sd-cards, can´t find it...The website is nice to look at for the first time. But when i´m visiting again for further information, i´m afraid i´m too impatient to look at moving red & blue circles countless times...Regards, beoberlin
  • 10-01-2007 11:04 AM In reply to

• Munin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

This was a very nice telephone!  Very good Mr Lewis, very good indeed!!

/M 

• 10-01-2007 11:24 AM In reply to

• jro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Posts 10
    • Bronze Member

Ohhhh... If the speaker is as good as it claimed from the website, I am SOLD.
  • 10-01-2007 11:31 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

It looks very nice, indeed. But at that price, I guess I can get 2,5 iPhones, and the iPhone can do more things than the Serenata...

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 10-01-2007 11:36 AM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

I don't think that extra .5 of an iPhone will do much. Wink

Ray

• 10-01-2007 11:38 AM In reply to

symmes:

I don't think that extra .5 of an iPhone will do much. Wink

Ray

Hummm... you can get at least a new model of iPod Mini.... 

Guy 

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 10-01-2007 11:45 AM In reply to

It looks like a real nice object, and I'm sure the sound quality in the built in speaker is amazing.
    That being said (and probably DUE to this) this phone is way too big : 63 x 109,5 x 19,7 mm

To give you a comarison, the iPhone is roughly 60 x 114,5 x 11 mm and you got twice the storage capacity at 8gigs. The Area (width x height) is about the same as the Serenata, but thats fully usable screen real estate, that allows you to see and do things...

Obviously the iPhone's built in speaker is a joke and you need to be using the headphones or line out to be able to enjoy the music.
    All this to say that the Serenata's built in speaker better be damn good otherwise I'm missing the point.
  • 10-01-2007 12:30 PM In reply to

I must say I'm impressed...

Over the past few weeks I've been complaining about each and every new B&O release, but this time: WOW!

I was on the website from my office during the last 30 seconds of the countdown, and was really pleased with the presentation and the music featured.

As expected, it has no camera, so the sound part has to be quite good to make us "forgive" this missing feature. I know what you'll say: buy a camera, actually I have one, but still..Apart from the ringtones that I find pathetic, and the Windows Vista incompatibility (only a beta version of BeoPlayer + BeoPort is launched at the moment to handle BS6+ Serenata), I think I could buy one..

Before that I'd like to read the user guide which is not on line yet, actually the B&O website says nothing about Serenata for the moment! 

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 10-01-2007 1:00 PM In reply to

• Beofan2
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-31-2007
    • Fredericia, Denmark
    • Posts 313
    • Bronze Member

So far only one word AMAZING

It´s not magic - it´s Bang & Olufsen

• 10-01-2007 1:07 PM In reply to

I don't know.... it HAS 3G/ UMTS so I can use it in Japan, this is very good, i think the user interface is inspiring, it looks like a small revolution, as a designer I think the product is something near 8.5 / 10 or even better, so probably I do take back my words and solute B&O with a very good creation!!!

Yet as a customer I still don't understand few things - do we really need a speaker for listening to the music? When you are on the go you have headphones when you are at home you have an audio system... Personally i don't like the size and the form, but the metal part, the stand on the back and a UI made a very good impression...

Page 1 of 5 (102 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >