in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-18-2011 7:44 PM by Todd. 406 replies.
Page 9 of 17 (407 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-13-2011 1:13 PM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

Re: RL60.2 Refurb Collaboration

Evan:

I am trying to work out the trip still, I cant spend too much time getting to and from because all of this will be taking place during school, have to try and keep it short. Sad

Just when I start to think you have your priorities straight.... No - thumbs down

As I'm sure you've heard before, when you're on your deathbed, you're not going to look back on your life and say, "Boy I wish I had spent more time at work."

Likewise, when you get to be my age, you're not going to look back on college and say, "Man I sure am glad I was responsible when I was in college and didn't have too much fun."

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

• 09-13-2011 1:41 PM In reply to

Rich:
    My price is photographic evidence of working turntable and LP ownership.....Devil

So I'll have to find a way to check the phono inputs as well; I only have an 7-pin-Beogram and that one has built-in-RIAA Unsure

I'll manage that somehow; there's still time 'til May...

And regarding the preset cover - Go, man, go! (or like Badfinger sang: Come and get it... - not sure if Ev knows that one - would be perfecly fit in the times of that BM/BG)

Gunther

• 09-13-2011 1:49 PM In reply to

hemenex:
    So I'll have to find a way to check the phono inputs as well; I only have an 7-pin-Beogram and that one has built-in-RIAA Unsure

Only one Beogram? I can somehow (barely) understand having 0 Beograms, but 1...? Big Smile

Build a reverse RIAA amp, it can be done completely in passives (google for schematics) and might come in handy some other time as well Smile

-mika

• 09-13-2011 1:55 PM In reply to

Leslie:

Wish I could be part of this Struer meeting next year. I'm in the neighborhood for my work so maybe I'll join the team. Would be great seeing you guys from all over the world!

@Leslie,

You would surely be welcome; I remember Soren (Hammer) had a similar idea. I already had a proposal @LEE in the winner's thread to organise something probably on Thu - Me & Susan will stay through the week anyway. Evan, elephant&Co. - how about you?

Lee is in charge of the hotel booking & the program and should know about the "free time". If Lee will be overloaded - we could eventually organize something on a PM base - might not be too interesting for others...

Your thoughts? (sorry Lee if I included you here but I'm sure you're much better in organizing than me Embarrassed )

Gunther

• 09-13-2011 2:02 PM In reply to

Evan:

Leslie:

Wish I could be part of this Struer meeting next year. I'm in the neigborhood for my work so maybe I'll join the team. Would be great seeing you guys from all over the world!

That would be awesome Leslie!

Are you gonna drive over there Evan. Just check the map. Holland (Netherlands) is not that far away from Denmark. For you US people this is peanuts regarding distancesBig Smile And Holland is flat as well maybe flatter then Denmark. You're welcome!

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 09-13-2011 2:10 PM In reply to

tournedos:
    Build a reverse RIAA amp

Mika - great idea Smile Found it & building this circuit will not exceed my skills Big Smile

I would have another beogram but that one's integrated in a BC3500. But wait - wasn't that PHONO-plugged in a circuit pretty much as the BM3000? Could use that one for testing as well. Yep, have to be creative there Stick out tongue

Surely wouldn't compete with your numbers of beograms then Surprise

Gunther

• 09-13-2011 2:19 PM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

tournedos:

Only one Beogram? I can somehow (barely) understand having 0 Beograms, but 1...? Big Smile

A graph of my turntable ownership since I purchased my first LP in 1978 at age 12.  Looks like 1 dominates the field.  How did I suddenly end up with six?  Oh, yeah, Beovirus.

• 09-13-2011 2:20 PM In reply to

hemenex:
    I would have another beogram but that one's integrated in a BC3500. But wait - wasn't that PHONO-plugged in a circuit pretty much as the BM3000? Could use that one for testing as well. Yep, have to be creative there Stick out tongue

Oh yes, that should be even easier... just an extension cord I think.

I haven't hogged that many Beograms actually... on a quick count, six Hmm

-mika

• 09-13-2011 2:24 PM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

tournedos:

hemenex:

Oh yes, that should be even easier... just an extension cord I think.

I haven't hogged that many Beograms actually... on a quick count, six Hmm

Six is a good number - wait a minute - one of mine is a Dual...so my Beogram number is five.

• 09-13-2011 2:24 PM In reply to

Rich:
    A graph of my turntable ownership since I purchased my first LP in 1978 at age 12.  Looks like 1 dominates the field.  How did I suddenly end up with six?  Oh, yeah, Beovirus.

Entertaining! In a nerdy way, but entertaining! LaughingLaughingLaughingYes -  thumbs up

Which model fit the best? I hope not an exponential one Big Smile

-mika

• 09-13-2011 3:38 PM In reply to

hemenex:

Leslie:

Wish I could be part of this Struer meeting next year. I'm in the neighborhood for my work so maybe I'll join the team. Would be great seeing you guys from all over the world!

@Leslie,

You would surely be welcome; I remember Soren (Hammer) had a similar idea. I already had a proposal @LEE in the winner's thread to organise something probably on Thu - Me & Susan will stay through the week anyway. Evan, elephant&Co. - how about you?

Lee is in charge of the hotel booking & the program and should know about the "free time". If Lee will be overloaded - we could eventually organize something on a PM base - might not be too interesting for others...

Your thoughts? (sorry Lee if I included you here but I'm sure you're much better in organizing than me Embarrassed )

Gunther

That would be a great idea Gunther, certainly I would meet you and Evan (is Todd joining Evan?) and others in their "free time".

Let's discuss this later in another thread because we are going way out of topic.

Evan, your RL's are completely finished beside the straps?

Beovirus? What's that?

• 09-13-2011 11:25 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

@Rich – Okay, okay, I give! I’ll get back on the TT hunt! You’ve twisted my arm Laughing And yes, I know that I will wish I stayed longer but school will be a factor. The trip is only just before finals!

@Gunther – Don’t let Rich talk you into more work! Laughing And don’t let him get you all riled up about not having a gazillion turntables!!! Regarding the trip, you can see from the above I will be pressed for time but I’ll do my best to spend some more time on the trip. So far I planned on leaving on Friday.

@Mika – THANK YOU!! You are the only one who can understand how someone can live without a BeoGram.

@Leslie – I’m not sure exactly how I’ll do the trip. Can young ones rent cars over there?  Are you planning on coming up? The RL’s are still waiting on their new woofers and straps. Todd and I are going to pick up the woofers on Thursday!

Evan

• 09-13-2011 11:53 PM In reply to

Evan:
    @Leslie – I’m not sure exactly how I’ll do the trip. Can young ones rent cars over there?

Use the trains, here www.dsb.dk, in DK you can get nearly anywhere with the train, and nearly as fast or faster as in a car, in Germany the same.

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 09-14-2011 8:00 AM In reply to

Søren Mexico:

Evan:
    @Leslie – I’m not sure exactly how I’ll do the trip. Can young ones rent cars over there?

Use the trains, here www.dsb.dk, in DK you can get nearly anywhere with the train, and nearly as fast or faster as in a car, in Germany the same.

Indeed ... use trains ... unless you are used to stick shifts

I once arrived in Frankfurt having ordered a car without thinking 

I tried driving it out of the parking lot ... but bunny hopped ... most embarressing

So I went back the counter and asked for an automatic 

And the staff and the other customers in the queue just burst out laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 09-14-2011 8:42 AM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

Evan:

@Rich – Okay, okay, I give! I’ll get back on the TT hunt! You’ve twisted my arm Laughing And yes, I know that I will wish I stayed longer but school will be a factor. The trip is only just before finals!

Of course I am 67% kidding.......looking forward to hearing how the replacement drivers sound.

• 09-14-2011 11:39 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Søren Mexico:

Evan:

Good thinking! I used trains last winter going from Germany to Czech Rep. and they were convenient.

Evan

• 09-14-2011 11:44 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

elephant:

Indeed ... use trains ... unless you are used to stick shifts

I once arrived in Frankfurt having ordered a car without thinking 

I tried driving it out of the parking lot ... but bunny hopped ... most embarressing

So I went back the counter and asked for an automatic 

And the staff and the other customers in the queue just burst out laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing Oh Ed.

I actually drive MT daily and by choice! Renting an MT car is next to impossible here. Even when buying a car - you have to ask for the 'downgrade.' People think I'm nuts.

Evan

• 09-16-2011 12:22 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Alright everyone, back to the point! Some RL60.2s I believe it was...

After a pleasant evening at Mr. Eugene's  and after enjoying many pieces in his BeoCrack collection, Todd has brought some new woofers back! I will probably be getting around to the changeout tomorrow Big Smile

Evan

• 09-16-2011 12:12 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Good afternoon everyone! After lots of sleep and then lots of coffee, I broke back into the RLs! ...err... Or at least one of them!

Skipping past the boring stuff, we find ourself confronting the troublemaker! There! Marked with an "X"!! Devil

Just like Soren prescribed, I used a wide blade screw driver to gently and progressively pry off the old woofer. To my suprise, it actually came off much easier than I thought it would.

Evan

• 09-16-2011 12:19 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Here are the woofers, on the left is the replacement, the original on the right. I measured the replacement and it came up with 6.2-6.5 ohms, identical to the "good" mid-woofer in the other speaker.

Evan

• 09-16-2011 12:22 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

As Julius Sumner Miller always said - "There it is!" LaughingLaughing

Look at that, a perfect fit! Only thing done differently is the spades had to be cut off of the leads and soldered. Alright time to put this sucker back together and see what happens...

Evan

• 09-16-2011 12:31 PM In reply to

Evan:

Good afternoon everyone! After lots of sleep and then lots of coffee, I broke back into the RLs! ...err... Or at least one of them!

Skipping past the boring stuff, we find ourself confronting the troublemaker! There! Marked with an "X"!! Devil

Just like Soren prescribed, I used a wide blade screw driver to gently and progressively pry off the old woofer. To my suprise, it actually came off much easier than I thought it would.

What's the flag of Holland doing over there?Whistle

Beovirus? What's that?

• 09-16-2011 12:40 PM In reply to

• Todd
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-01-2009
    • Columbus Ohio
    • Posts 136
    • Gold Member

Hey Everybody! I really don't mean to have been as absent as it seems on the Refurb

my work sched in combination w/a new endeavor too go into business has kept me

a little but I had such a awsome evening w/Eugene and Ev. I just had to post here

just before I have too run...Yes to work! It feels so great! too have my first B&O

System beomaster 4500!!Big Smile more pictures too come. Thanks Ev Bro for holding

court especially w/pictures and wrapping w/woofers my friend!

Todd

• 09-16-2011 12:49 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Leslie:

Evan:

What's the flag of Holland doing over there?Whistle

LaughingLaughingLaughing

I was wondering if anyone would catch that! I didn't put that there on purpose, was shuffled around during some cleaning. I need to put that patch on my jacket or something..

Evan

• 09-16-2011 1:03 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Todd:

Hey Everybody! I really don't mean to have been as absent as it seems on the Refurb

my work sched in combination w/a new endeavor too go into business has kept me

a little but I had such a awsome evening w/Eugene and Ev. I just had to post here

just before I have too run...Yes to work! It feels so great! too have my first B&O

System beomaster 4500!!Big Smile more pictures too come. Thanks Ev Bro for holding

court especially w/pictures and wrapping w/woofers my friend!

It was a great evening for sure. Rich, you will be happy to know, Eugene took me to school on turntables and cartridges and of course played us some nice vinyl.. All I know is, I want a TT!! Big Smile

It's no problem Todd, more than happy to help. Especially since I have a nice set of refurbed RLs to keep me company!! Big SmileCool

Evan

Page 9 of 17 (407 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last »