in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-17-2011 2:14 PM by 9 LEE. 133 replies.
Page 6 of 6 (134 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-17-2011 11:30 AM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Greater Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

Re: Sorry to disappoint but B&O may have best tech but do have the worlds worst people talk, listen designed telephones.

Locked Contact

Good call, Lee.

The "evidence" he mailed says it all, really.

• 03-17-2011 12:26 PM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

Re: Sorry to disappoint but B&O may have best tech but do have the worlds worst people talk, listen designed telephones.

Locked Contact

I sit here wondering which asylum hes either in or is running! cf the lunatics are running the asylum etc

He caused some mayhem, wasted lots of time space etc to get nowhere perhaps he gets off on causing incoherent problems!

Good call Lee - should have been last night!

sALUT

tONY

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 03-17-2011 12:33 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Peter MARKS:

Doing all to flee the insults and nonsense.... thanks for the bent brain so typical of this daft site. I can cope with rehab with a pretty fabulous girl... ONLY. Rest remains just insulting drivell. Keep an eye on actual B&O... visit me there. What a carnival of rude, ill-mannered. ill-educated misfits my shoe has *** stepped in with the repugnent, delerious, wankers never met before.

Strange you lot believe you are so wity. You ain't. 'N you've the IQ of two year old... apologies, that's an insult to any sentinent two year old.

Get a life.

Ask about any B&O and I'll respond.

Tell us more about the phones Peter, you haven't elabarated on your original post!

• 03-17-2011 12:33 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

I have a suspicion that we have been unfortunate enough to have someone who has felt downtrodden by big business and who has vented his frustrations upon us. I imagine the disappointment from having his ideas apparently poached has made him bitter and also very wary of anything that is said to him. I do hope that we have not added to his distress even unwittingly.

• 03-17-2011 12:51 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Locked Contact

Doctor:

I have a suspicion that we have been unfortunate enough to have someone who has felt downtrodden by big business and who has vented his frustrations upon us. I imagine the disappointment from having his ideas apparently poached has made him bitter and also very wary of anything that is said to him. I do hope that we have not added to his distress even unwittingly.

Fair dos!

Maybe the thread should now be locked to prevent any further distress!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 03-17-2011 12:58 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Doctor:

I agree, we dont need to fuel his fire!

but he gave very little towards his argument, and fired off with the insults very quickly!  I hope he sorts himself out!

• 03-17-2011 1:10 PM In reply to

• Beophile
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Washington, DC
    • Posts 42
    • Bronze Member

Locked Contact

As a US patent attorney with a lot of experience in telecom products I feel obligated to add to this discussion.  Mr. Marks is the inventor of US Patent No. 4,926,474.  I have reviewed his US patent and can appreciate his frustration.  The body of his US patent does disclose the concept of locating a microphone at an intermediate portion of a telephone handset (see column 4 lines 11-14) in the context of locating the handle of the telephone handset at a lower position than that of a conventional telephone handset.  Without a doubt, these are essential features of the Beocom 2.  Thus, to him, it may seam as if the Beocom 2 is infringing on his US patent.  Unfortunately, this is not how the US patent system works.

In the US, it is the claims (legalese run-on sentences located at the end of a patent) that define the scope of subject matter in which patent rights are conveyed.  For a product to infringe a claim, it must include each and every claimed feature.  In this case, his broadest claim (claim 1) includes features (e.g., “said handset comprising a handle terminating at one end in a speaker portion and at its opposite end in a microphone portion spaced from said speaker portion” etc.) that the Beocom 2 does not implement.  Thus, the Beocom 2 does not infringe his US patent.  

The frustrating part for Mr. Marks (aside from the enormous amount of money he must of spent to secure his patent rights) is that his US patent does include subject matter that would have supported a claim that the Beocom 2 would infringe.  However, such a claim was not presented during the examination of the US patent and thus it is not known if that claim would have been allowed by the US Patent Office.  In other words, he had the opportunity (but not the foresight) to claim subject matter that the Beocom 2 would infringe.  Unfortunately (for him), he did not.  However, don’t be too harsh on him for this decision. With hindsight it is easy to say what subject matter he should have pursued in his claims, but such decisions are not so easy at the time they need to be made. 

Incidentally, I happen to know the Primary Examiner of his US patent.  Also, it is also worth noting that his US patent expired on May 15, 2007.  In addition, note that his US patent was only enforceable in the US.  I’m not sure in what other country he has obtained a patent.

• 03-17-2011 2:03 PM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

Locked Contact

You can't ban him - I've just voted for him as this years most entertaining member!Sad

Thought your chum Jandyt had already won that accolade!

T

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 03-17-2011 2:14 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Locked Contact

Okay - thanks to all concerned for adding in whatever way was constructive.  We now kind of see the point trying to be made, and personally I sympathise if he feels aggrieved in any way. However, the conduct when trying to air this grievance was unacceptable - and after repeated warnings nothing changed.

I think this thread has now run its course, and without Mr Marks able to reply I think it's unfair to carry on - so it will now be locked.

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

Page 6 of 6 (134 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6