in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-17-2011 2:14 PM by 9 LEE. 133 replies.
Page 1 of 6 (134 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-16-2011 3:14 PM

Sorry to disappoint but B&O may have best tech but do have the worlds worst people talk, listen designed telephones.

Locked Contact

So trust this B&O site may have some willing to research... ready to discuss. Perhaps there will be some who may comprehend B&O rarely invents, simply borrows badly from others. From me, him, I here at least worthy of an attempt to clarify as B&O HQ are impossible to contact. Anyway, fact is ergonomically in the http://www.bang-olufsen.com/beocom2 have the worlds worst handset. And the other handsets are equally awful. Fabulous tech, worst ergonomics. Apologies but all invented by myself over a decade ago and in good faith offered to B&O (redundant now International Patents+).

Just daft that B&O can't produce a single decent telephone handset yet continue to proudly claim their non-in-actuality brilliance.

Ho, humm. 

Would so appreciate any arguments...

• 03-16-2011 3:40 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Re: Sorry to disappoint but B&O may have best tech but do have the worlds worst people talk, listen designed telephones.

Locked Contact

I think it's unfair to judge an entire company by one product... especially a novelty item like the Beocom2.

I believe the consensus that I've read on this site is that Beocom 2 is hard to use, and some find it gorgeous, while others take a pass.  My dealer talked my wife out of it when she showed interest - he said "these come back because they're hard to use".

I happen to love my Beocom 3 (must be one of the few since they didn't produce these very long) and Beocom 1s both of which, in my opinion, have rather good ergonomics.

Stan

• 03-16-2011 3:47 PM In reply to

Re: Sorry to disappoint but B&O may have best tech but do have the worlds worst people talk, listen designed telephones.

Locked Contact

I tend to agree that the Beocom 2 is not very ergonomic. On the other hand... what an iconic form! Big Smile

I have the Beocom 5 myself and really like it. The touch is nice, separate speaker functions very well, even in large conference calls. The color display is fine and it is also helpfull you can assign multiple numbers to each entry in the phone book. If you have multiple Beocom's 5, the last number dialed is on  each of the phones as well as changes to the phonebook. Sound is good and the buttons react good.

Possible improvements are mainly in the click wheel section; sometimes I press the wrong side etc. Volume could be a bit higher as well.  And as always with B&O; nice to have functionality like connecting to a computer for more easy maintenance of the phonebook or computer assisted dialing is missing No - thumbs down

• 03-16-2011 3:49 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Peter MARKS:

So trust this B&O site may have some willing to research... ready to discuss. Perhaps there will be some who may comprehend B&O rarely invents, simply borrows badly from others. From me, him, I here at least worthy of an attempt to clarify as B&O HQ are impossible to contact. Anyway, fact is ergonomically in the http://www.bang-olufsen.com/beocom2 have the worlds worst handset. And the other handsets are equally awful. Fabulous tech, worst ergonomics. Apologies but all invented by myself over a decade ago and in good faith offered to B&O (redundant now International Patents+).

Just daft that B&O can't produce a single decent telephone handset yet continue to proudly claim their non-in-actuality brilliance.

Ho, humm. 

Would so appreciate any arguments...

Is there a reason you are  trolling here?

P.S.  there may be a forum here at Beoworld in your native language

• 03-16-2011 3:54 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Stan, firstly with thanks. A response. Perhaps this site is worth the effort.

Early to this site, loads of legals re B&O and simply saying B&O are decades behind in phone design and have stolen badly. Annoyed they've stolen some, done nothing to create the best of mine. Apologies but over $1M (US) spent on creating and resonably don't appreciate accolades for those like B&O taking credit for bad misuse.

Certainly realise B&O have an impressive fan base and anyway I can include pics that will demonstrate my view? You'll be astounded.

• 03-16-2011 3:58 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Trolling??? Asked a question... if you don't have the capacity to review... why are you bothering to intercede? Either go away or a complaint will be lodged.

• 03-16-2011 4:06 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

I think you are a little harsh. I think some B&O phones show innovation and good ergonomics. The Beocom 2500 is an excellent design and I used one at work for a number of years as it was more comfortable and easier to use than the supplied set. The Beocom 6000 is easy to use, has reasonable sound quality and also integrates with my audio system. I do have a Beocom 2, which I find comfortable to hold though I confess my wife will go to another room rather than use it! I agree that it has ergonomic failings but it really is a design piece - most companies would have smiled indulgently at the designer and binned it. The anodised finish is however gorgeous and I don't know another phone finished like this.

If you are talking about mobile phones, I agree almost completely. The history of B&O mobile phones is pretty awful - the early ones were simply re-badged versions of other makes, and the last two simply missed the smart phone revolution by so far that it was laughable. They did however have the benefit of being very tactile!  I can understand why the decision to end phone manufacture was taken.

An honourable mention must however go the the class D amplification in some phones in which B&O has been a pioneer.

You are clearly not actually writing in English but using a translator so some of your points are a little tricky to understand. However welcome to Beoworld - all views are welcome.

• 03-16-2011 4:08 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

I take it back - you are writing in English - my apologies!

• 03-16-2011 4:35 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Peter.. whew. Okay... sad thing is I've so much evidence and fact is you cannot actually judge any B&O without a comparison to mine. B&O tech (speakers/microphone) are worlds best. No argument. HOWEVER!!! They have not a single ergonomic design despite your claims. Abslute worst actually. Only acceptable as B&O have such great tech. If you want an actual comparison, where B&O stole and why theirs is crap... email me on skramp@optusnet.com.au. Will provide and you will comprehend and convert.

• 03-16-2011 4:37 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Peter :

I take it back - you are writing in English - my apologies!

I agree Peter but, it compares with the famous Morecombe & Wise & Andre Previn sketch.  I recall Previn exclaiming, 'You are not playing the right notes' & Eric replied, 'I am, but, not necessarily in the right order'.  That is all roughly correct.  In this case it is English but, not the way we speak it

John

• 03-16-2011 4:39 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Your point is? Quite bothering as you don't listen...

• 03-16-2011 4:40 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Peter MARKS:

Trolling??? Asked a question... if you don't have the capacity to review... why are you bothering to intercede? Either go away or a complaint will be lodged.

OK I won't argue, but I want what you are smoking today in exchange OK?

• 03-16-2011 4:44 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

You have been reported. BT UK will follow up.

• 03-16-2011 4:48 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Locked Contact

Peter MARKS:

You have been reported. BT UK will follow up.

Confused

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 03-16-2011 4:53 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

So I take it you aren't sharing?

• 03-16-2011 5:02 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Actually, not difficult to respond. Only asked any be reasonable 'n argue... however threats and those travelling the cosmos in their shallow delusions who I can't comprehend; just rudeness is unacceptable. Only asked for an arguement when there are very serious issues involved. Only asked that all comprehend that mine are best, were stolen, 15 years and 1M spent creates a situation that I've no time for any who have achieved nothing and believe they've any right to go personal. IT"S ABOUT B&O... your problem is!

• 03-16-2011 5:07 PM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

Locked Contact

having read this , I thought la la land was a vitual entity not so sure now!

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 03-16-2011 5:11 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

stotty1111:

having read this , I thought la la land was a vitual entity not so sure now!

I just figured it out....he's from Australia.  Aren't they upside down down there?  Too much blood in the brain???

• 03-16-2011 5:15 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Locked Contact

I'm absolutely flummoxed as to what's happened in a few short posts!

I shall withdraw as I don't understand the point, purpose or direction.Unsure

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 03-16-2011 5:24 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Locked Contact

Okay Mr Marks..  I am going to extend some courtesy to you and welcome you to BeoWorld as your IP Address and service provider tally with your registration details.  Your prose is akin to a spam-bot, so please forgive the suspicion..

If English is not your mother tongue, please let the thread posters know so they may 'cut you some slack' so to speak.  We sincerely welcome everybody here - and although the General Forum may primarily be English, we truly enjoy hearing from all comers - along with their views.

However - if indeed you are 'trolling'.. you will be banned.

Kindest Regards

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 03-16-2011 5:28 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Puncher:

To be honest, do not see any direction except vague answers by Peter. If I interpret right, he is angry with B&O because they used some of his (?) idea's when creating the phone portfolio. 

Peter, is this correct? If so, you probably can upload some of your sketches? Would be nice to see and may help to start a real discussion...

• 03-16-2011 5:39 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Harry2008:

Puncher:

To be honest, do not see any direction except vague answers by Peter. If I interpret right, he is angry with B&O because they used some of his (?) idea's when creating the phone portfolio. 

Peter, is this correct? If so, you probably can upload some of your sketches? Would be nice to see and may help to start a real discussion...

I feel a bit liked I have missed something!  

• 03-16-2011 5:40 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Folks... the Wedthred© is HERE...

• B&o bottle opener
  • 03-16-2011 5:46 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Nickyg63:

Harry2008:

Puncher:

I feel a bit liked I have missed something!  

Agree. I go away for a hour or so and all hell breaks loose!

Where did he come from?

Regards Graham

• 03-16-2011 5:47 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

burantek:

Folks... the Wedthred© is HERE...

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

Page 1 of 6 (134 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »