in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-30-2007 5:17 AM by Coolskin. 101 replies.
Page 2 of 5 (102 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-20-2007 9:01 AM In reply to

• Luigi
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Figueres (Spain)
    • Posts 3,013
    • Founder

Re: BM-Link 1.5

You have another choice like v.tape2, dvd2, v.aux. 

Luis

• 04-20-2007 9:16 AM In reply to

• francis
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Münster, Germany
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

Luis,

might be I'm thinking in the wrong direction: I have a Mac Mini connected via DVI with my BV. If  I want to display Itunes, I use the screen in the PC mode. Pressing any of the buttons you have mentioned would switch the BV to the Tv (pal) mode and no longer display the computer signal???

francis

|BV 7-32|BL 7-1|Ouverture|BL Penta|BL 6000|BL 2000|Beocom 6000|Beotalk 1200|MX 4000|Beoport|Beo4|Beo5|A8|A9|

• 04-20-2007 9:50 AM In reply to

I would like to get an update on this beoport matter. I have never been able to figure out how this setup is done. In my opinion the B&O usermanuals are dreadfull, regardless of product.

Well, what i need to know is this:

I have a BV 7 in my livingroom, connectet through ML to my BS3000 in my living room. In my bedroom i have an Imac, not connected to anything YET. SO, if I buy beoport and set this up in my bedroom what will i need to get it working? Sofar i have figured this out(at least i think i have)

1: I set up the beoport box in my bedroom, connnected to my Imac through USB and an soundcable.

2: I have no B&O equipment installed in my bedroom so do not need speakers there to be connected directly to beoport. How do I get the sound from beoport to ML system in my livingroom, through ML??

3: Further, when everything is connected propperly, can i then control beoport througt the IR eye in my BV 7?

Found an old PC2 manual but cant seem to figure it out??

Can anyone please help me understand?

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 04-20-2007 10:49 AM In reply to

• Luigi
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Figueres (Spain)
    • Posts 3,013
    • Founder

francis:

Luis,

might be I'm thinking in the wrong direction: I have a Mac Mini connected via DVI with my BV. If  I want to display Itunes, I use the screen in the PC mode. Pressing any of the buttons you have mentioned would switch the BV to the Tv (pal) mode and no longer display the computer signal???

francis

I think you can use the Apple DVI to video adapter:  http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=16193109&nplm=M9267G%2FA

So, if you want display mac on BV7 press PC. For a link beovision press v.tape. I suppose it will work fine. But I don't know. I don't own a BV7.

Luis

• 04-20-2007 11:19 AM In reply to

• Luigi
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Figueres (Spain)
    • Posts 3,013
    • Founder

Hi Ehlerz

1) Exactly.

2) Yes, You need a long ML cable.

3) Yes, you can control beoport througt the IR of BV7 (video option 2) but if you add the IR eye you can control the beoport in your bedroom. Only the IR-eye connected to beoport accept the pc command. So, you will control the Frontrow on your iMac.

Luis

• 04-22-2007 4:37 AM In reply to

odlund:
    Hello BeoWorld Users!

I'm happy to announce that a new version of BM-Link is released.

The main new feature is the ability to control Front Row if you have an IR Eye connected directly to the BeoPort box.

Some bug fixes, and enhancements to N.RADIO are also included.

Download here

Anders
    For me the update didn't work, sorry.
    I have a Mac Mini first edition, a non-intel machine so to speek.

I tried:
    Install 1.5
    Uninstall 1.5
    Install 1.5 and firmware update 1.31
    Uninstall 1.5
    Install 1.0 (firmware 1.31 still active!!)

The problem was I wasn't able to switch N.Radio channels after the second trie.
    The N.Radio station kept on playing. It froze I think. The BS3200 accepted my command and displayed it, but iTunes didn't react.
    Then I tried to get in the system preferences. When selecting BM-Link the computer kept on waiting.

As you could read I use an old Mac Mini. So no front row for me at the moment.
    BM-Link version 1.0 is perfect for me. So no problem.

Filed under: ,
  • 04-22-2007 9:27 AM In reply to

Coolskin:

...not exactly. Do you know the "frontrow enabler" by andrew escobar? Works perfectly, at least on my PB 17" under 10.4.9.
    Give it a try:

http://andrewescobar.com/frontrow

Regards, beoberlin
  • 04-22-2007 4:03 PM In reply to

beoberlin:
    Coolskin:

...not exactly. Do you know the "frontrow enabler" by andrew escobar? Works perfectly, at least on my PB 17" under 10.4.9.
    Give it a try:

Regards, beoberlin
    Thanks for the tip.

Tried it just moments ago on my (internet computer) the PowerBook G4.
    Just does the trick. 

Next steps are;
    - install it on the Mac Mini
    - buy an IR eye.
    - reinstall BM-Link 1.5 again...
  • 04-22-2007 4:24 PM In reply to

• Luigi
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Figueres (Spain)
    • Posts 3,013
    • Founder

http://web.mac.com/luiscornejo/iWeb/luigi/Video%20Frontrow.html

I'm sorry. It's in spanish.

Luis

• 04-23-2007 8:30 AM In reply to

• jchasey
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Hampshire, UK
    • Posts 11
    • Bronze Member

I've also just upgraded to 1.5.

Similarly used the enabler to put FrontRow on my non-intel MacMini, which works a treat. No remote control of FrontRow yet, since I've not yet plugged the IR into the BeoPort. I currently have an eye going into my BeoSystem 3, so assume I can just use a 3.5mm splitter to send the signal to the BeoPort too? (Can't try at the moment since I'm at work).

My other issue with a non-intel MacMini is that there is no digital out, so will be trying the M-Audio Transit USB add-on which gives audio out to the Mac, so it can then go into the BS3.

• 04-23-2007 5:26 PM In reply to

beoberlin:
    Coolskin:

Give it a try:

Regards, beoberlin
    Just tried it on the Mac Mini and it is o.k.!!

Last year I bought an IR sensor from Lintronic for remote control of the window screens.
    Unplugged this IR sensor for testing and plugged it in the BeoPort.
    And what do you know... it works perfectly.

• 04-24-2007 11:22 AM In reply to

• Luigi
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Figueres (Spain)
    • Posts 3,013
    • Founder

Do you know if it is possible connect 2 IR-eye together in the same connection of beoport?

Luis

• 04-24-2007 11:47 AM In reply to

Luigi:
    Do you know if it is possible connect 2 IR-eye together in the same connection of beoport?
    I was thinking the other way around.
    Find a way to connect Lintronic AND Beoport to 1 IR-eye.
    Must find out next coming days...

BeoPort uses other BEO4 keystrokes than the Lintronic box (connected to the window screens).

I'll try to get a cable connector with 2 female connections.
    If the IR cable is compatible with a headphone jacket, then it will be easy to connect.
    A headphone splitter is the only thing missing.
  • 04-24-2007 12:53 PM In reply to

• Luigi
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Figueres (Spain)
    • Posts 3,013
    • Founder

According the service technician, this trick will not always work.
    Sometimes the beoport would hang. 
    They don't recommend the use of headphone splitter. The beoport can be damaged.

Luis

• 04-24-2007 3:56 PM In reply to

• rippi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

Coolskin:
    odlund:
    Hello BeoWorld Users!

I'm happy to announce that a new version of BM-Link is released.

The main new feature is the ability to control Front Row if you have an IR Eye connected directly to the BeoPort box.

Some bug fixes, and enhancements to N.RADIO are also included.

Download here

Anders
    For me the update didn't work, sorry.
    I have a Mac Mini first edition, a non-intel machine so to speek.

I tried:
    Install 1.5
    Uninstall 1.5
    Install 1.5 and firmware update 1.31
    Uninstall 1.5
    Install 1.0 (firmware 1.31 still active!!)

The problem was I wasn't able to switch N.Radio channels after the second trie.
    The N.Radio station kept on playing. It froze I think. The BS3200 accepted my command and displayed it, but iTunes didn't react.
    Then I tried to get in the system preferences. When selecting BM-Link the computer kept on waiting.

BM-Link version 1.0 is perfect for me. So no problem.

Hello Coolskin,
    did you make it work somehow ? I experienced the same problems and downgraded.
    Regards 
    Harald
  • 04-24-2007 11:43 PM In reply to

• marcus
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Adelaide, South Australia
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

Thank you so much for the tip about "frontrow enabler". I've just transformed my G4 iMac into a media centre! Well, an audio centre anyway. (No Beovision. Yet.)

I did not need an IR eye for Beoport because it's connected to a Beosound 4 in the same room that acts as an Audio Master. This might change if/when I add a Beovision to the equation.

I'm very happy, and frankly amazed that it works.

Regards
    Marcus 
  • 04-25-2007 1:58 AM In reply to

• marcus
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

marcus:
    I did not need an IR eye for Beoport because it's connected to a Beosound 4 in the same room that acts as an Audio Master. This might change if/when I add a Beovision to the equation.

Spoke too soon. While I can change tracks and albums, I can't change applications (music - photos - video etc). Looks like an IR eye is on my shopping list now! 
  • 04-25-2007 2:44 AM In reply to

Hello Coolskin,
    did you make it work somehow ? I experienced the same problems and downgraded.
    Regards 
    Harald

After some trials I downgraded to 1.0

Now it is again 1.5 and tested it with a Lintronic IR sensor. This combination works fine (so far). I disconnected the IR sensor again and till now there are no problems with the BM-Link software. But if I do entounter problems, I will post it here.

• 04-25-2007 7:08 AM In reply to

Coolskin:

Now it is again 1.5 and tested it with a Lintronic IR sensor. This combination works fine (so far). I disconnected the IR sensor again and till now there are no problems with the BM-Link software. But if I do entounter problems, I will post it here.

Thanks for sharing your experience, Coolskin. I'm in exactly the same position as you are (old MacMini, old PC2, ML system) and holding my breath and wondering whether I should upgrade to 1.5 now or not.

Keep us posted!

Christophe

• 04-27-2007 3:47 PM In reply to

Christophe75:

Coolskin:

Thanks for sharing your experience, Coolskin. I'm in exactly the same position as you are (old MacMini, old PC2, ML system) and holding my breath and wondering whether I should upgrade to 1.5 now or not.

Keep us posted!

Christophe

Sorry to say the Mac Mini froze today.
    When I try to get in the System Preferences and select BM-Link there is no response.
    Only shutdown + resart solved the problem.
    Still BM-Link 1.5 without IR sensor active.
    I'll see what happens next couple of days.
  • 04-27-2007 11:05 PM In reply to

• marcus
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

Hi Luis,

I have watched the videos on your Web site (nice apartment btw!) and notice that you are controlling Front Row on your MacBook using the Beo4. I am trying to do the same thing but cannot get it to work properly. Can you please explain exactly how your system is set up, how you have configured your Beo4 and what options you have set in BM-Link 1.5.

I am running a G4 iMac with Front Row (using Front Row Enabler). A Beoport is connected to the Mac via USB and earphone cable (from sound-out on the  Mac). ML cable links the Beoport to a Beosound 4 in the same room and Beolab 3 speakers are attached to it. Currently I select either N.Music or N.Radio on the Beo4 with iTunes running on the Mac and I hear music.

I would like to be able to control Front Row using the Beo4. I bought an IR-eye from B&O today and have plugged it in to the Beoport. (It plugs into the 7-pin Remote socket, not the IR socket - is this correct??) What mode should the Beo4 be in to control the IR-eye? I have the latest Beo4 (came with the Beosound 4 and has V.MEM and A.MEM buttons). I've tried a few options but nothing much seems to happen. The documentation is next to useless so I thought I would ask an expert!

Please note that I do not have a Beovision TV and am trying to control Front Row using only the Beo4 and Beoport attached to an iMac.

Many thanks
    Marcus
  • 04-28-2007 4:23 AM In reply to

• Luigi
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Figueres (Spain)
    • Posts 3,013
    • Founder

Hi Marcus.

My set up:

Luis

• 04-28-2007 4:55 AM In reply to

• Luigi
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Figueres (Spain)
    • Posts 3,013
    • Founder

I can control Front Row throught the IR-eye connected to beoport. I have a long cable (green (photo)) for stereo-audio and video. This cable connect the computer (PC, mac) to the BV3. When I press V.tape (for exemple) I can see the computer to the BV3, then pressing A-N.music/ A-N.radio can control without turning off the BV3. You can select coverflow fullscreen on mac and control in other place throught ML, watching the covers on TV.

Thanks to modulator of BV3 I can watch the same image from BV3 to BV1.

If you want control FrontRow with Beo4 you need the IR-eye connected to beoport. This cable has a minijack 3.5mm connector. I never saw a IR-eye with 7pin connector.You must connect the IR-eye into the IR socket of beoport.

Good Luck.

Luis

• 04-28-2007 8:18 AM In reply to

• marcus
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

Luigi:

If you want control FrontRow with Beo4 you need the IR-eye connected to beoport. This cable has a minijack 3.5mm connector. I never saw a IR-eye with 7pin connector.You must connect the IR-eye into the IR socket of beoport.

Good Luck.

Thank you for your very detailed reply. My dealer sold me an "IR Kit Wireless 1" that plugs into the Powerlink socket of the Beoport. The Link-Eye has a timer and play button and what look like two volume controls. It sounds like that this is not the correct piece of equipment. I shall return it tomorrow and try to get the correct item that plugs into the IR socket of the Beoport using a 3.5mm minijack. (No wonder nothing works!)

I think I will need luck with all this. Thanks for your good wishes. 
  • 04-28-2007 9:38 AM In reply to

Page 2 of 5 (102 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >