in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-08-2012 11:47 PM by Søren Mexico. 55 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-10-2011 5:04 AM In reply to

Re: I gave up my B&O receiver (Beosystem) for an Onkyo!

Is there anyway to connect BS 9000 to a Onkyo receiver?

• 11-11-2011 7:40 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

aweicc:

Is there anyway to connect BS 9000 to a Onkyo receiver?

Yes. With the help of a A.Aux out to RCA adapter cable, you can send the audio from your 9000 to your Onkyo.

Evan

• 01-14-2012 9:54 AM In reply to

• wood
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Posts 42
    • Gold Member

hi everybodey, i have connected my Beolabs to an Denon AVR-3312 (Pre-outs). It is is working well so faar. One thing makes me cracy and i haven't found a solution till now:

When i switch off the sytem, there is i noise comming out from the Labs (2x 8000 Front, 2x BL3 rear, BL2 Sub, BL6000 Center). If i power on the system it is perfekt,i hear the relais of speaker an everting is ok. When i power off, then ther is coming a short noise befor the speakers switch off. I use a 5V Trigger to Pin 4 (Speaker) for switching on and off.

I would be happy if someone has a solution or a recommondation.

wood

• 02-08-2012 3:32 PM In reply to

• DrMarc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-08-2012
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Hello,

after following the forum for some time, this is my first message, triggered by these tremendously helpful postings!

After my old Avant has stopped working I considered a long time buying a new B&O TV, mainly for linkroom connectivity (BL3500 and 2 BL2000) and the speakers/system in main room (BL8000, BL4000, BS3200) Finally I decided against and bought a Samsung TV given the picture quality/web-/tab-connectivty/pricing mix of B&O is just completely nowhere (even 2nd hand).

To get speakers and systems linked, I considered a while buying a 2nd hand BS1/BS2 only for sound, but your Onkyo-option seems a lot more interesting....The plan would be 1. to buy one of Onkyo-amplifiers, 2. connect all video sources/TV via HDMI to it, 3. connect all BL via Powerlink/RCA, 4. connect BS3200 via AUX.

My question is: The only shortcoming I see is that I couldn't access video sources in the link rooms (as Onkyo evidently has no Masterlink)...Is that right?Or are there any other surprises besides the speaker on/off problem mentioned before here? Eg, do the speakers automatically go on, if I use the BS3200 keyboard to play audio? Can I change audio volume on the BS3200? As I personnaly like very much the Beo4, I would use my Lintronic box to program it to the Onkyo IR-codes - is there any issue with that???

Thanks alot in advance for your sharing your experience with that!

• 02-08-2012 10:39 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

I don't think you will have any trouble getting the Lintronic box to command an Onkyo receiver. I would definitely be one to try and integrate the 3200, that's just me. But I would be saying to myself the entire time, this is crazy! Laughing My best advice would be to just integrate the Beo4 and Lintonic box. 

At present, I am considering a Yamaha HTR-5790 for my compact active setup. It would be a ton of hardware for just a two channel preamp need, but the receiver has the ultra rare twin switched power outlets I have been searching for. These would power my speakers directly (they have no dc trigger). The price is definitely right -its used- except it is missing the remote. Lately I've been reading the 5790 absolutely relies on the remote. Bummer. I love Yammie gear and really don't want to let this one pass me by but I feel like I have to.

SadSadSad

Evan

• 02-08-2012 11:47 PM In reply to

DrMarc:
    Or are there any other surprises besides the speaker on/off problem mentioned before here

Check here too

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

Page 3 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3