in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-16-2012 5:12 PM by Chris. 40 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (41 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-06-2011 6:18 AM In reply to

Re: Beo6 Config Tool

Thank you for your very kind comments, genius, well no, fairly experienced, I guess so..

It sounds like we need an "XML Macros" training Thread on how to make an XML file with macros already built in without using the Beo5/Beo6 Configuration Tool. Is that the general view ?

-----------

Hello Keith,

If you Plan to Start such a thread or training, please count me in.....

I would be glad to exhance and share my experiences...

Nice sunday,

Niederrheiner
  • 02-06-2011 6:22 AM In reply to

Based on the response I received, clearly there is a requirement for everyone to understand how to manually add macros to a 3rd party or any other type of XML file.

I have created a technical web page on the subject in the form of a mini training session which you can view HERE

If the macro issue is not resolved by B&O in the next release of the B&O Configuration Tool which I understand will be in the March/April timeframe, then I will write a Windows based programme and make it available which will do what I describe manually in the training session.

If you have any comments, feedback or further questions about adding macros, then please post them here.

Regards Keith....

• 02-08-2011 6:49 AM In reply to

• hfat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2010
    • Austria
    • Posts 176
    • Gold Member

First I want to thank Keith for providing such profound information here to us. I am using Beo5 and the config tool for about two moths. There are several situations, where I was forced to modify the confguration file manually due to limitations of the config tool. Fortunately I never had problems asigning macros mixing b&o and 3rd Party IR codes to a button or hardkey. What is the aspect of 3rd Party macros dicussses in this thread? Could someone explain please. I'm a little bit confused.

hfat

• 02-10-2011 1:21 AM In reply to

• hfat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2010
    • Austria
    • Posts 176
    • Gold Member

What a pitty that no one wants to explain ......

Nevertheless I want to share the product XMLs I created. I'm using them in my setup BV10-45/BS2 + JVC Beamer + DNP Screen.

Additionally I use the BEO5 to controll a Loewe TV.

Feel free to use them and give me feedback. I you encounter problems I'll like to provide a modified version.

hfat

• 02-12-2011 9:06 AM In reply to

hfat,

Thank you so much for posting your 3rd party XML files which I am sure will be very helpful to many other members.

hfat:

What a pitty that no one wants to explain ......

Its good that you have had no problems using macros, the problems really depend which screen you are on, so the way you have produced your configuration may not show an issue, which is good.

Regards Keith....

• 02-14-2011 1:09 AM In reply to

• hfat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2010
    • Austria
    • Posts 176
    • Gold Member

Keith,

Thank You for the clarification.

Regards hfat

• 12-01-2011 10:17 AM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

dueno:

The OCX is missing or corupt, please reinstall the Configuration tool !

This means that the runtime library is missing or cannot access it from the C:\Windows\system32 directory

I have the same problem after installing config tool 5.12.

But where do I find the missing runtime library? 

• 12-01-2011 12:32 PM In reply to

The Configuration Tool uses Microsoft runtime libraries which most people already have loaded onto their Windows PC

Many software developers just assume that everyone would at sometime had these runtime libraries loaded and in particular if you have installed any of the Microsoft express software products, then they will be loaded.

Check what applications you have installed by going into the Windows Control Panel and see if you have Microsoft .NET version 3.5 framework installed and if not. If it is not installed then go to the Microsoft web site and download and install it which will also install the associated runtime libraries.

You can also check the C:\Windows\System32 directory and check to see if you have a file called comdig32.ocx which could either be an old version or does not exist at all.

Regards Keith....

• 12-01-2011 1:00 PM In reply to

I have net. framework 3.5 SP1 installed.

I found the comdlg32.ocx file in C:\Windows\system32

What about net. framework 4 ?

• 12-05-2011 2:17 PM In reply to

Hi

Anyone who can point me to where to download the config tool 5.12? - thanks

• 12-05-2011 4:51 PM In reply to

You can download it here: https://rapidshare.com/files/861921600/CTSetup_5.12.exe

Merry Xmas everyone :-)

• 12-05-2011 5:18 PM In reply to

• ECF
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-28-2009
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

Thank you so much!

• 12-09-2011 2:45 PM In reply to

How to read the configuration that has the control to change?
  • 12-19-2011 2:10 PM In reply to

Humm.. I have always used the built in macro function? Just right-click the button, choose propertiesd when you are in the "Edit" tab.

Go to IR and start adding 3PartyIR and delays.

Works for me? Am I missing any funtions when doing it this way?

Cheers!

• 12-19-2011 3:02 PM In reply to

hello!

my question a little bit off topic (macros) - will I expect any problems using the new CT with my old Beo5

I mean I know "never change a winning team" and its always possible that some issue will occur but I do not want to get any trouble which could be avoided

Regards Elmar

• 01-16-2012 5:12 PM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Last of the Summer Wine Country, Yorkshire, UK
    • Posts 195
    • Gold Member

Any chance of a link to the 4.11 software - i'm using 3.87 and constant issues with 'write timeout'

Beosound 8, Beotalk 1100, Beocom 4, A8 Headphones, Form 2 Headphones, Apple iPhone 4S, iPod Classic, iPad 1, Sky+ HD, Sony Playstation 3, Jacob Jensen T10, Lutron Rania IR Dual Dimmer/ Accesory dimmer, B+O A9 Keyring (SOLD), Beolit 600 (SOLD), Apple Airport Express, Beo5

Page 2 of 2 (41 items) < Previous 1 2