in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-28-2012 7:24 PM by Eugene. 523 replies.
Page 2 of 21 (524 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-12-2010 3:12 PM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Re: What Are You Working On Now ?

Sorry I didn't help in good time - I have been struck with a second much stronger bout of flu and really suffering ATM!!! I will still look if you want just in case the new pulley doesn't work...

Olly.

• 12-12-2010 3:33 PM In reply to

"What are you working on now"

Well, this evening I did not succeed to repair one of the 4 BC9000's I have.

The unit was in working order (Radio/Cassette) except for the CD. So I have been searching what could be the cause of this and found some threads where the C2103 has been mentioned many times. I opened the unit and one way or another I managed to break both strings of the sliding doorsSuper Angry

Thinking these strings could not be purchased anymore I decided to dismantle the whole unit. All parts have been taken out and are functional except for the CD/Servo board (C2103 remember). Will make pictures of all parts and place them on my Picassa webalbum if anybody is interested in (buying) these parts. Nothing is broken or damaged!

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 12-12-2010 3:34 PM In reply to

BTW Spiros, this is not your unitSmile

Beovirus? What's that?

• 12-12-2010 4:00 PM In reply to

Took a peek inside to verify a rotted set of cassette belts. Tup all thats left is a gooey tar.  Also took the opportomiy to write down some cap values. Very clean inside and in good shape which is relief,

She has now been stwed away until I can round up all the pieces and parts.

• 12-13-2010 3:16 AM In reply to

• chartz
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-20-2009
    • Burgundy
    • Posts 984
    • Gold Member

Eugene:

Took a peek inside to verify a rotted set of cassette belts. Tup all thats left is a gooey tar.

Oh yes I know it too well. I've been through black goo myself, spreading it all over my house courtesy of my left shoe!Laughing

Jacques

• 12-13-2010 8:49 AM In reply to

Got to my BM 2400 yesterday, its type 2902 and its nearly all hard wired, without jacks, only jacks was for main lamp board, the rest wired, so I had to put it this way to work on it, command board and lamps finished and clean. I opened and dismanteled without looking at the description from Martin, I did it rightBig Smile

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

Filed under:
  • 12-13-2010 9:26 AM In reply to

chartz:
    Oh yes I know it too well. I've been through black goo myself, spreading it all over my house courtesy of my left shoe!Laughing

BeoTar...

I think it is a breeding alien life form -how does it manage to get EVERYWHERE!?!?! Oh, and good luck getting it off!

I removed 99% of it from your pulley wheel -you may want to hit the groove again before installing!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 12-13-2010 9:27 AM In reply to

Søren Mexico:
    so I had to put it this way to work on it

They are tight! Looks like you are doing well! Yes -  thumbs up

• B&o bottle opener
  • 12-13-2010 7:43 PM In reply to

The dreaded Beo-Carpet-Goop ! A sure fire guaranteed ass chewing from the SWMBO. In my case it was the ex-SWMBO - it never stops even after they are your ex.

Moving on to happy things. Here is a Now working Beosystem 3300 I rescued out of an attic in UA last summer. Total trainwreck - nothing worked and now it mostly all does including the remote Burantek sold me.

Your remote cost almost as much as the Beomaster Beocord and Beogram CD all put together. I think I got a hell of a deal.

• 12-13-2010 11:37 PM In reply to

Got my BM 2404 working, connected to BG 2404, world star festival from 1980 something, sounds wonderfull, radio comes in like it should with antenna, stereo lights on Bass light on, was missing before, Martins lamp and cap kit did it, why do people complain about bass missing on S45s 81-83, enough bass for me, I'm happy, good buy 99.00 US.Check vintage for more, more pics there tomorrow.

Now listening to the Happening, Diana ross and Supremes, I just love these old Beos

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 12-14-2010 3:36 PM In reply to

• cozza
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • New Zealand
    • Posts 119
    • Bronze Member

Here is one of my current restoration projects. This Beolab 5000 has spent the last 16 years under a damp house, the only saving grace was that the woodwork and front panel are relatively unscathed. The mains transformer was a large round blob of rust. Beolab 5000 and Beomaster 5000 were not sold in New Zealand, this unit is one of only two that I am aware of in the country.

This first photo is of the unit dismantled, after washing the PCBs - they were coated in  both black and white mildew.

• 12-14-2010 3:44 PM In reply to

• cozza
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • New Zealand
    • Posts 119
    • Bronze Member

Some of the metalwork prepared for fresh paint.

• 12-14-2010 3:55 PM In reply to

• cozza
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • New Zealand
    • Posts 119
    • Bronze Member

Reassembly in progress. This project has been slow due to a number of screws which rusted solid into the chassis, and had to be drilled out and retapped.

• 12-14-2010 10:30 PM In reply to

Just finished repair of Bass slider on BM 2400, look in vintage Beomaster 2400 repair and cleaning, here a pic of the beauty. Next on the BM 901 below it

• 12-17-2010 11:38 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Right now I'm working on a pair of Realistic Optimus T-120s. They were my dad's first decent speakers he bought in college and I'm restoring them for him as a suprise for Christmas! They are much further along than the picture.

After that its back to my BeoMaster 3000-2 which has now lost both channels. powers on but zero output. I really cannot describe how much I miss this system. It is just plain incredible.

Evan

• 12-17-2010 11:44 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

By the way, good work everbody! This is really cool!!!

Evan

• 12-18-2010 6:55 AM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Ok so now swine flu is out the way (I am convinced it was - never been in bed for 8 days with flu before!!!!)

I was able to complete my 3000 finally. I fashioned the pivot from the tip (last 3mm!!!) of a razor blade, the cutting edge was rounded but remained defined...

Above attempt failed after a few hours. I think the old glue I used / lack of surface area wasn't sufficient with the forces required...

Attempt 2...

Not as pretty, fashioned from tin-plate strengthened with solder - worked the edge to get a nice feel. This time a greater surface area to glue though. Obviously trimmed after it was stuck. You can also see the plate I had to add to the back, which was also missing!

And the result....

Now it is all back together and playing flawlessly :) I gave my mum a choice between this or to keep the 4000, she has picked this so I have my 4000 back :)

I now have my mums 9500 with glass panels to stick, and a very lovely near mint master 6000 with no life and apparently stuck volume.

Olly.

• 12-18-2010 1:07 PM In reply to

Just canged the caps in my BM 901, look here, more to come

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/36852.aspx

• 12-18-2010 1:44 PM In reply to

• weber
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-08-2010
    • netherlands
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Just fix the tunerpart of a beocenter 9000. 

gave no sound at all, and messing up with the frequency counter.

Just replaced all the capacitors  (elco's)  Now works fine, only autosearch doesn"t find anything  (manually though works fine)  maybe should use a proper antenna  ( now measuring clamb 15 cm long does this  trick  hihihi).

what a mess by the way with the mounting material of the glass plates,  fully detoriated, like tarmak.  Got it off fine with gasoline but how and where to get the new stuff in the netherlands. Little wiggely now those plates.

• 12-18-2010 5:47 PM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

pindaboer:
    what a mess by the way with the mounting material of the glass plates,  fully detoriated, like tarmak.  Got it off fine with gasoline but how and where to get the new stuff in the netherlands. Little wiggely now those plates.

HEREYes -  thumbs up

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 12-19-2010 1:58 AM In reply to

Make sure to align the glaspanels properly the first time (with this tape) or else you have to do it all over againSuper Angry. This is really good stuff!

Have one for free if you want (will cover both panels).

Beovirus? What's that?

• 12-19-2010 6:33 AM In reply to

Leslie:

Make sure to align the glaspanels properly the first time (with this tape) or else you have to do it all over againSuper Angry. This is really good stuff!

...and remove ALL of the old tape from both surfaces first, or the end result will be too thick, and... you have to do it all over again Super Angry Laughing

-mika

• 12-19-2010 7:32 AM In reply to

Super AngryAngry

tournedos:

Leslie:

...and remove ALL of the old tape from both surfaces first, or the end result will be too thick, and... you have to do it all over again Super Angry Laughing

And make sure you have fitted the right frames on the glaspanels (they're not all the same) or else you ....againSuper AngryIck!Confused

Beovirus? What's that?

• 12-19-2010 8:57 AM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Leslie:

Super AngryAngry

tournedos:

Leslie:

And make sure you have fitted the right frames on the glaspanels (they're not all the same) or else you ....againSuper AngryIck!Confused

And don't forget - ends on first, then very carefully space the middle sections (use card) for the right gaps to match doors, or it will look wrong, and you will.... Super AngryLightningSad

Olly.

• 12-19-2010 9:04 AM In reply to

Olly, Olly, thought I would be the last Big SmileBig Smile

Beovirus? What's that?

Page 2 of 21 (524 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »