in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-05-2010 1:21 AM by clifft. 130 replies.
Page 6 of 6 (131 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-28-2010 3:20 AM In reply to

• valve1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-27-2009
    • Dublin Ireland
    • Posts 213
    • Gold Member

Re: The BeoSound 8 - Live Review!!!

Paul Winn:
    - it's amazing how many people actually brought their party playlists on iPods
    I think Paul has nailed it on the head, its a now product for a newer generation. Was it really 30 years ago i would take some lps to a party ??? (@ least !) I heard a bs8 live in my dealers on Friday, it has a fantastic sound !

• 11-28-2010 6:57 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

valve1:

Paul Winn:
    - it's amazing how many people actually brought their party playlists on iPods
    I think Paul has nailed it on the head, its a now product for a newer generation. Was it really 30 years ago i would take some lps to a party ??? (@ least !) I heard a bs8 live in my dealers on Friday, it has a fantastic sound !

As a student, I still take vinyl to parties - got a fair few friends who are into it (along with myself)!

Despite being 20, I still find myself listening to vinyl more and more. In fact I'm about to replace the tonearm on my Rega Planar 3 today as part of a christmas present.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 11-28-2010 1:33 PM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

I was able to hear it last week...

Incredible... I ordered one on the spot.

It is a great sounding b&o product.

Use your gift cards guys. This will be a good addition.

MJM

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 11-28-2010 8:41 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Clearly these are going to sell like hotcakes :)

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 11-29-2010 1:29 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

I went in to B&O Camberwell on the weekend and asked them if they have a model for demo.  They advised me that they don't have a model, although they have heard it and people are just ordering one.

Well that being the base and being sound is so personal, i think you would need to audition one to ensure it's good.

Does this mean the end to the BS1?

• 12-05-2010 1:21 AM In reply to

• clifft
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Ballarat Australia
    • Posts 64
    • Founder

I spent the last week in Chicago at a conference.  It was sooooo cold that I think my voice went up a whole octave!!!  As usual when I travel, I sought out the local B & O store to check it out and see what the staff are like (most times they are great people but now and then I have come across a surly one and have left the store straight away).  The Chicago store is on State Street and, although not large, was well laid out and the staff warm friendly and helpful. Very much worth a visit if you are in town. I figured it would be a good excuse to visit to see the BS8 in the flesh. Well, there it was and I have to say it is going to be an acquired taste for me but that is just my personal opinion. I just don't like the looks!  I asked for a demo and handed over my iPhone 4 for the test.  Onto the dock it went and up popped a message that said in effect that it wasn't meant for the device and the sound could be compromised by wireless interference.  However you could Dismiss this message which we did but the BS8 wouldn't play any track from any of my stored music!  I was running iOS 4.1 at the time.  The staff were a little embarrassed and the Manager, Morgan, produced her iPhone 3 and popped that on instead.  It worked a treat and the sound as has been stated elsewhere on this thread was stunning and way ahead of any other iPod speakers.  So, guys, am I jinxed?  Why wouldn't my iPhone work? It wasn't on mute, the software should have been ok.  Any ideas?  Despite this, Morgan was keen to sell me one, offering to get one in with Australian voltage and ship it to me!!  Mind you, the rent on her shop alone would mean she'd have to shift a fair bit of stuff daily!!!

Page 6 of 6 (131 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6