in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-06-2011 8:55 PM by beoaus. 31 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-06-2010 4:59 PM

• kimhav
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 127
    • Bronze Member

BluRay player - What are You using at home?

Thinking about getting a BluRay unit for the BV10 and been looking around; while I currently looking at the Samsung BD-C6900 (assuming that it will be able to control via PUC); but what are you using and what are the recommendations?

• 11-06-2010 5:24 PM In reply to

Re: BluRay player - What are You using at home?

I have the BC6900 contolled via PUC by a beo5 and I very happy with it. It has Netflix, Pandora and Blocbuster.
  • 11-06-2010 5:43 PM In reply to

Very pleased w/ a Panasonic 85K. Wired or wireless and Netflix is great.

Not bad looking for "another" brand either!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 11-06-2010 5:51 PM In reply to

Hi!

Have a samsung bd-c7500 attached to the back of a BV10-40 with a stb bracket. Works nicely except BV10 forgets the puc codes after a while but it seems to be a sw problem. 

/h

• 11-06-2010 8:26 PM In reply to

• kimhav
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 127
    • Bronze Member

Are the Samsung BD players able to connect to network shares such as from Windows system and NAS (SAMBA shares)? See in the manual for the BD-C6500 / BD-C6900 that one have to install software on a Windows PC to be able to connect to that specific PC shares?

So another question then; does anyone have suggestion on BD players that can play media from network shares?

• 11-06-2010 9:23 PM In reply to

Hello,

I am using my Sony PS3...and the result is great when whatching movies on Bluray.

Cheers,

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 11-07-2010 3:13 AM In reply to

Hi!

At least my BD-C7500 can connect to network shares. It can play music and show pics but as I´m using wireless it´s not possible to share movies (too slow connection)

• 11-07-2010 3:50 AM In reply to

• kimhav
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 127
    • Bronze Member

hagan:
    At least my BD-C7500 can connect to network shares. It can play music and show pics but as I´m using wireless it´s not possible to share movies (too slow connection)

To connect to network share; do you need to "publish" the shared folder from PC using the SAMSUNG PC Share Manager or are you just connecting to what ever share that you have on the local network?

• 11-07-2010 5:10 AM In reply to

PS3.... Most Money value..;-)
  • 11-07-2010 5:26 AM In reply to

• kimhav
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 127
    • Bronze Member

Schmedegaard:

In one way I could agree with you, but since I'm not a gamer nor any other in the family and simplicity is the primary goal here; PS3 is not on my shortlist. Also, how good is the PS3 on upscaling DVD's?

• 11-07-2010 6:45 AM In reply to

kimhav:

Schmedegaard:

In one way I could agree with you, but since I'm not a gamer nor any other in the family and simplicity is the primary goal here; PS3 is not on my shortlist. Also, how good is the PS3 on upscaling DVD's?

Well IMHO, why does it need to upscal a DVD when watching a movie on a HDTV (1080P) ?

Better use a bluray disc on that configuration (bluray player and HDTV).

Cheers,

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 11-07-2010 9:31 AM In reply to

I´m using Samsung sw but I guess it should be possible to just use any share. In samsung sw all you do is to choose which folders to share and that´s it.

As for Playstation3 it cannot show all filefomats I needed and I´m not a gamer. The samsung actually looks mote classy also. Almost like an old beomaster 2400 which I owned many years ago. It hangs flat at the back of my Bv10

• 11-08-2010 9:03 AM In reply to

I have a Pioneer LX52. Fantastic picture quality and controllable with beo4. However it does not distribute both digital (HDMI) and analog signals so you can't see your DVDs in the link rooms. Wasn't that one of the arguments that got me into B&O in the first place...?

In fact, not many players do that, so link rooms have lost one of their sources.

I think it was a bad decision to not make a B&O Bluray player.

BV10, Avant DVD, BL5, BL4000, BS2300, BV6-26, MX 4002, 2xBeocom 6000, LC2

• 11-10-2010 9:34 AM In reply to

• kimhav
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 127
    • Bronze Member

GuyHui :
    Well IMHO, why does it need to upscal a DVD when watching a movie on a HDTV (1080P) ?Better use a bluray disc on that configuration (bluray player and HDTV).

Well, based on that the PS3 can't upscale a DVD it's not an option since I, as I guess most other have, quite a collection of DVD's. And the upscaling feature actually makes the DVD looks a bit better than not being able to upscale; so a vital info when buying either a BD or PS2 unit (also the PS3 are way more noisy).

Filed under: , ,
  • 11-10-2010 9:38 AM In reply to

• kimhav
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 127
    • Bronze Member

I did go for the Samsung BD-C6500 and going to test it bit more tonight. The setup is that the C6500 unit is connected to the BV10 via PUC cable and seems to work fine; but currently trying to find some proper instruction on the Beo 4 "key layout" on how to fully make use of the BD-C6500 unit. Found this posting about the STB controls.

• 11-10-2010 9:41 AM In reply to

• kallasr
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Willich, NRW, Germany
    • Posts 1,077
    • Founder

Upscaling is best done where the best processor is.....

I let my TV do it (Pioneer Kuro).

Just a thought....

Ralf

My Beo: Beosound 3000, Beolab 4000, Beo 4 DVD,  Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000, Beovox S45.2 with Stands, Beosystem 7000 black with Beolink 7000, Beolink 1000, F1000 (3 cubes), Beovox 5000, Beovox 3000, Attyca 1.

• 11-10-2010 9:53 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Guy didn't meant that...

The PS3 is simply one of the best upscaler available on the market, better than B&O ones on many aspects.

The issue is that this upscale is done by the Cell processor, a multipurpose high speed processor, which consumes a lot more power than a standard upscaling chip. So you end up with a power consumption of 70-80W when playing a disc, while a dedicated player only consumes 10 to 20W for the same job.

(but the PS3 can do a lot more, like playing a library of HD-movies stored on a NAS... And if you're not a gamer, what about the Move, which transforms the PS3 into a high def ultraprecise Wii?)

• 11-10-2010 9:54 AM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

When Consumer Reports rated Blu Ray players recently, every player rated "Excellent" for picture quality.  That included a $90 Vizio.  I just don't think Blu Ray will be around very long, so I vote with the wallet.

• 11-10-2010 10:33 AM In reply to

• kimhav
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 127
    • Bronze Member

I

symmes:
    When Consumer Reports rated Blu Ray players recently, every player rated "Excellent" for picture quality.  That included a $90 Vizio.  I just don't think Blu Ray will be around very long, so I vote with the wallet.

Kind of agree with you that you're able to get an excellent BD player for around €100; even the Samsung has some nice players; though it's stripped of features which acutally most of us might not actually need. Also, when reading reviews I found couple of them that had some opinions regarding the sound quality (this was regardless brand) where I kind are wondering; digital audio output - what is there to have an opinion about? I mean yes, if we are including an amp or the tv set audio. But, hey, fill me in what you think.

Regarding BluRay; what do you forsee would be the next step then; the format war between BD and HDD did manage to get both sides to plunge loads of money for nothing. So even if BD is only around maybe for 5 more years; well, then I would most likelly want to buy unit anyway.

• 12-24-2010 4:53 AM In reply to

I'm currently looking for a bluray player, and had found the BD-C6500 and thought it looked a good bet.  I have a couple of questions for anyone who's got one:

- What PUC are you actually using to control it?  From the list on beoworld, it appears only older Samsung Bluray players are supported.  Either the new ones are backward compatible, or there's been a lot of updates to the list!

- The manual implies for most Samsung BR players that HDMI, Component and Composite would be output simultaneously.  Is this the case?  I ask this because in order for the player to be used on a link room TV via RF, it will need the Composite Video output to the TV.  Does anyone use it in a link room that can confirm it works?

Thanks!

• 12-24-2010 5:10 AM In reply to

Ps3 is quite noisy(if you can't fit it inside a cabinet it's a problem),but has a good upscaler.

• 12-24-2010 9:50 AM In reply to

I have bought à Sony BCP-s370. THE dealers all seam to advice Panasonic but these were expensive and à recent test by THE dutch consumers assosiation gave them low scores. The Sony is packed with features so it functions as media center as well. The PUC controls it very well. Also THE menu's in the Sony are not liftster with THE word "Sony" everywhere.

• 12-25-2010 7:05 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

Zwets:
    THE dealers all seam to advice Panasonic

When i was looking at the BV10-46, the dealer here in Melbourne also advised on the Panasonic.  There must be a reason they recommend it I suppose.  I have this BD player / recorder which is also acts as a STB, but i have found the PS3 (the new slim model is better, IMHO) to be quicker to load and has a better interface, has access to internet channels and easy to upgrade via firmware updates and hard disc replacement.  

Merry Christmas, 

Michael.

• 12-25-2010 7:21 AM In reply to

Zwets:

I have bought à Sony BCP-s370. THE dealers all seam to advice Panasonic but these were expensive and à recent test by THE dutch consumers assosiation gave them low scores. The Sony is packed with features so it functions as media center as well. The PUC controls it very well. Also THE menu's in the Sony are not liftster with THE word "Sony" everywhere.

I have the same sony, my dealer recommended it. Does it's job, and very inexpensive.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 12-25-2010 8:59 AM In reply to

Hi guys, I must say the SONY 370 has always had the most BRILLIANT reviews. I saw it in my supermarket yesterday for £99!  incredible. I also like the Pioneer range for their build quality (Superfi have their new model 330 for £150!)

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next >