in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-24-2010 4:29 AM by scott451. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-22-2010 8:41 AM

• scott451
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-22-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

bv7 hdmi rf translation

hi,

a camarade in the beo mac section suggested that the bv7 might be capable of translating an incoming hdmi signal (e.g. from a mac mini) to an analog signal and distribute it to link rooms.

is such a thing possible or has some spell cheated my eyes ?

- scott

Filed under: , , ,
  • 09-22-2010 10:08 AM In reply to

Re: bv7 hdmi rf translation

scott451:

hi,

a camarade in the beo mac section suggested that the bv7 might be capable of translating an incoming hdmi signal (e.g. from a mac mini) to an analog signal and distribute it to link rooms.

- scott

Hi, I saw it to, however I am pretty sure that is not the case. What I think he means, is that the new BV7 has the software to control a HDMI Matrix that can distribute the HDMI signal uncompressed to your linkrooms through CAT7 cables. But it is already possible to distribute an analog signal from Mac mini to linkrooms if you hook it up with scart to your mainroom tv. That however ofcause spoils your HD experience on your mainroom tv.

/ehlerz

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 09-22-2010 12:45 PM In reply to

Ehlerz:

scott451:

hi,

- scott

Hi, I saw it to, however I am pretty sure that is not the case. What I think he means, is that the new BV7 has the software to control a HDMI Matrix that can distribute the HDMI signal uncompressed to your linkrooms through CAT7 cables. But it is already possible to distribute an analog signal from Mac mini to linkrooms if you hook it up with scart to your mainroom tv. That however ofcause spoils your HD experience on your mainroom tv.

/ehlerz

Not sure if a spell cheated my eyes ... I have done a quick search ... and found this link that talks about the s/w upgrade fixing hdmi audio to link rooms

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/34994/290605.aspx

and it refers to indepth discussions by ehlerz in:

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/31193.aspx?PageIndex=3

so I suspect there was an "optimistic" spell cast over my eyes when I originally read the discussion on the BV7 s/w upgrade

sorry :-(

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 09-22-2010 3:04 PM In reply to

elephant:

sorry :-(

Dont be Smile

/ehlerz

• 09-23-2010 7:57 AM In reply to

Hello!

As I understand it right: If you connect a source to mainroom tv only by HDMI , you can hear AUDIO in linkroom from this source but you still can´t see a picture. Right?

But what to do if you connect the NEW Apple TV to mainroom tv? Because of only HDMI and no analogue connection at the new ATV, there is no possibility to get a picture from ATV in linkroom?

/Räuber 

• 09-23-2010 11:15 AM In reply to

That is correct, unless there is somekind of HDMI to Scart adapter available.

/Ehlers

• 09-24-2010 4:29 AM In reply to

• scott451
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-22-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

hi,

this subject was one of the big surprises for me after installing my first b&o system a few years ago. i simply had not considered that b&o were transmitting an sd signal with the rf modulator. it surprises me still. i suppose that beonet will solve this problem, but it seems to me that b&o should be able to retransmit a hd signal with existing hardware.

i have understood that the bv7 can transmit a sd signal down the rf link from a bluray source. so it seemed logical that they might offer this possibility for external hd sources. tant pis...

i have found the cm-388. it takes a hdmi input and downgrades it to a sd signal as well as providing a bypass of the original hdmi signal. this looks good as, if i have understood, the bv7 does accpet a sd and hd signal from the same source. this should allow one to watch a hd source on the bv7 in hd and watch the same source in sd on link room tv (but maybe not at the same time...).

my system is still a work in progress. any comments or information always welcome and appreciated !

- scott

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)