in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-12-2010 12:07 PM by furkank. 190 replies.
Page 4 of 8 (191 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-18-2010 10:15 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Re: dealer conference

TripEnglish:

Slightly more than a BeoSound 5 (it has much more inside it so this is to be expected).

Then Apple TV all the Way lol

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 09-18-2010 10:19 AM In reply to

Seanie_230:

TripEnglish:

Slightly more than a BeoSound 5 (it has much more inside it so this is to be expected).

Then Apple TV all the Way lol

What happened to BS5 "light"? Laughing

• B&o bottle opener
  • 09-18-2010 10:21 AM In reply to

TripEnglish:

Like what?  From the description we've been given on here, it has 2 extra USB ports.  The rest is all software improvements.

• 09-18-2010 10:24 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

2 USB ports and no beomaster five needed and it will cost more.

HA

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 09-18-2010 10:29 AM In reply to

csmager:

TripEnglish:

Like what?  From the description we've been given on here, it has 2 extra USB ports.  The rest is all software improvements.

Do realize that the old Beosound 5 "heavy" is basically a display and a user interface device akin to a mouse. It does nothing by itself.

If the "light" doesn't need a Beomaster 5, it will definitely need some other kind of a black box that does all the work.

So, I would read the above as slightly more than a Beosound 5, but less than a Beosound 5 + Beomaster 5...

-mika

• 09-18-2010 10:31 AM In reply to

Seanie_230:
     no beomaster five needed and it will cost more.

Who said that?  Not particularly likely, since the BM5 basically IS the BS5.  Without it, it's a blank screen.  They can call it another name, or integrate it on more custom/embedded PC hardware so the two aren't separate (not likely to look pretty) - but impossible to get rid of it.

• 09-18-2010 10:48 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

I was told that the beosound 5 can work on its own scanning your network for a NAS/PC sharing its music files and will work on its own without the need for a BM5

Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 09-18-2010 11:03 AM In reply to

Seanie_230:

I was told that the beosound 5 can work on its own scanning your network for a NAS/PC sharing its music files

Yep, definitely says that in this thread.

and will work on its own without the need for a BM5

Can't see anywhere it says this.  If you have other info - would be good if the case.  Though the form-factor's going to have to change a bit to accomodate such a shift (would be a small embedded PC with no/small hard disc)

• 09-18-2010 11:29 AM In reply to

I can confirm that no Beomaster 5 is needed. That is the point - as Trip says, it will be more expensive that a BS5 but a fair bit less than the BM5 + BS5.

• 09-18-2010 11:43 AM In reply to

The BeoSound 5 Encore is (I'm not sure how much of a secret this is supposed to be) the first audio product built on the new universal audio platform. It is, while not an ML product, a fully functioning self contained audio system within an almost identical BeoSound 5 housing. Where the BeoMaster 5 is an outboard product housing the boards, power supply, connections, memory, etc., the BeoSound 5 Encore has those items (save the memory) inside it. The memory is whatever drive or source you attach to it, be it USB, WiFi, or Aux in.

The real "BeoSound 5 Light" is the Beo6 remote which gives full access to the BeoMaster 5s content with cover art and all and will even show in "play mode" like the BeoSound 5 so it can be seen from a distance what's playing. I.E. if you have multiple Beo6s in your link rooms, their screens will all sync and show album art and track information. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 09-18-2010 12:25 PM In reply to

Wait, no MasterLink?  So if I wanted one in the same room as my TV, I'd need to buy a second pair of speakers to hear anything out of it?

Think I'm going to have to stick to BM5+BS5 and a Beo6.  Any idea when the Beo6 is out?

• 09-18-2010 12:30 PM In reply to

If they do apple lossless with gapless playing I will have my christmas gift

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 09-18-2010 4:42 PM In reply to

• Emil
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 98
    • Bronze Member

The new Beo6 seems really interesting for all BS5 owners. Mots is of course fine but trying to play a specific tune from a link room is a horror. Even my old BS3200 is better as comes to navigation from link rooms. At least I have not been able to find out how to do if I for instance would like to play track nr 20 on a specific album unless I want to go through tracks 1-19 with my Beo4. And to be able to choose the specific album you must store it as a coloured list to start with.

Inflagrante

• 09-18-2010 5:10 PM In reply to

This is true. 

The BeoSound 5 encore is almost less exciting than the Beo 6. Most of the trouble I had selling the BeoSound 5 was not the ability to connect to a NAS, stream from iTunes, or mount a thumb-drive, but navigation in link rooms. 

At the end of the day it's nice to see them developing the platform to include many devices for different applications.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 09-18-2010 5:49 PM In reply to

TripEnglish:

This is true. 

The BeoSound 5 encore is almost less exciting than the Beo 6. Most of the trouble I had selling the BeoSound 5 was not the ability to connect to a NAS, stream from iTunes, or mount a thumb-drive, but navigation in link rooms. 

At the end of the day it's nice to see them developing the platform to include many devices for different applications.

Beo 6 sounds like it is just the thing I need for my Beosound 5.  I will be getting an early Christmas present.

I am assuming that there will be an update to the current Beosound 5 software!

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 09-18-2010 8:26 PM In reply to

Trip,

Let me ask you, then the Beo 6 will have the same features than a Beo 5 (handle B&O and 3rd party devices through programming) plus two way feedback or will be a remote exclusively for the Beosound 5's (standard and encore).

Thanks 

• 09-18-2010 9:33 PM In reply to

Yes, Beofab, this is correct. It is a widescreen 2-way Beo 5. It also sets the stage for MLGW updates to give feedback on lighting, shades, hvac, security, etc. The first major feature, though, will be the BeoSound 5 "module" wherein you can scroll through lists or flip through album covers to browse your collection and play exactly what you'd like.  

• 09-18-2010 9:35 PM In reply to

linder:

TripEnglish:

This is true. 

Beo 6 sounds like it is just the thing I need for my Beosound 5.  I will be getting an early Christmas present.

I am assuming that there will be an update to the current Beosound 5 software!

It will be more of an Easter present, Linder. Expect the Beo 6 in springtime. The BeoSound 5 Encore should be here in a few months, though. 

• 09-19-2010 5:56 AM In reply to

• pf85
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

Beo 6... finally, Beosound 5 functionality takes a big step...

I truly hope that B&O improves its "focus group process". Any buyer of Beosound 5/BM 5 would have argued for the availability of Beo 6 from the start... Better later than never but still great news !

• 09-19-2010 8:07 AM In reply to

Would it be possible to use the Beo6 without the BS5, I have only a BM5 which is connected to my TV. I do also navigate on BM5 via the TV in the linkroom.

There is something about B&O.....

• 09-19-2010 8:42 AM In reply to

beolion:

Would it be possible to use the Beo6 without the BS5, I have only a BM5 which is connected to my TV. I do also navigate on BM5 via the TV in the linkroom.

No. The Beo 6 is interacting with the BeoSound 5 program, not the BeoMaster 5 program. 

It would appear that the road will not be widening as much for those who only bought the BeoMaster 5. No updates were mentioned specifically for this part of the product. 

The good news is it's never too late to buy a BeoSound 5. 

• 09-19-2010 8:59 AM In reply to

Will the functionality be exactly the same with the current Beosound 5 as with the Encore? In other words, if I were considering a Beosound 5 should I wait for the Encore?

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 09-19-2010 9:02 AM In reply to

Read back a page or so - from the sounds of it, it'll have no real internal storage and no Master Link connection.

• 09-19-2010 9:14 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

TripEnglish:

beolion:

No. The Beo 6 is interacting with the BeoSound 5 program, not the BeoMaster 5 program. 

It would appear that the road will not be widening as much for those who only bought the BeoMaster 5. No updates were mentioned specifically for this part of the product. 

How does the Encore communicate with just the BeoSound 5?

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 09-19-2010 9:28 AM In reply to

Puncher:

TripEnglish:

beolion:

How does the Encore communicate with just the BeoSound 5?

Hi, it's your resident decipher here again!

I read "Beosound 5 program" as "the software related to Beosound 5 that runs on the Beomaster 5". Like MOTS - as far as I understand, you don't have it unless you have a Beosound 5, although it all happens on the BM5.

And, the above was discussing Beo6, not the Encore.

-mika

Page 4 of 8 (191 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »