in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-12-2010 12:07 PM by furkank. 190 replies.
Page 2 of 8 (191 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-14-2010 3:45 PM In reply to

Re: dealer conference

Then, the new BS5 encore when????

• 09-14-2010 4:10 PM In reply to

Winter is coming at least in the Northern Hemisphere.  I hope B&O doesn't leave us current owners of the Beosound5/Beomaster5 out in the cold!

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 09-14-2010 4:22 PM In reply to

• Beofan2
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-31-2007
    • Fredericia, Denmark
    • Posts 313
    • Bronze Member

My dealer told me space for memorycard. I could ask another dealer I know.

I´m not greedy but no matter how many nice updates etc these products are not entirely new products!

I´ve  not been told anything about Itunes integration. Maybe a lower pricepoint but not the features in BM5. And I also hope I´m not left in the cold.

It´s not magic - it´s Bang & Olufsen

• 09-14-2010 4:33 PM In reply to

Beofan2:

My dealer told me space for memorycard. I could ask another dealer I know.

I´m not greedy but no matter how many nice updates etc these products are not entirely new products!

I´ve  not been told anything about Itunes integration. Maybe a lower pricepoint but not the features in BM5. And I also hope I´m not left in the cold.

You probably have to forget about Itunes, but i dont know for certain. I think it is just gonna scan your harddrive for Audiofiles pictures etc. and categorize them by itself, with albumcover etc. One thing B&O has hopefully learned is not to be dependent on other manufactures, in this case Apple. Hopefully they have made it Plug´n´play, and not "Bring your brand new system to your dealers, along with your user-unprogramable  Beo5 to have it set up right"

/ehlerz

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 09-14-2010 5:17 PM In reply to

linder:

Winter is coming at least in the Northern Hemisphere.  I hope B&O doesn't leave us current owners of the Beosound5/Beomaster5 out in the cold!

I for sure hope for the same! Hopefully the BS5 Encore enables me to use the BM5 from another room as well.

Personally I would love to have a BS5 including a thin cd-player integrated  and be capable to connect to my Mac Mini server (which shares my music and movie libraries... ). I assume however that this will not be delivered Huh?

• 09-14-2010 5:53 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Beofan2:

And finaly BS1 will be discontinued...

Laaaame! No - thumbs down

Evan

• 09-14-2010 9:18 PM In reply to

I am sure this is just wishful thinking on my part, but remember this recent thread 

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/35105.aspx

The Secret Sheep stopped by and made mention of a Beosound 5 Lite. They also used the words "in tune". Maybe that was a hint about iTunes?

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 09-15-2010 8:11 AM In reply to

Strange that nobody had mentioned this before... But... as the Beo6 seems to be 2-way. Then there must be some "new" product that is sending over the information. At this point no current B&O product is sending out 2-way information. Could the BeoSound 5 Encore be the first then to send over data to the remote?

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 09-15-2010 8:29 AM In reply to

"Beolink" on the iPhone comunicates over wifi and can control all the devices in your home. I suppose they use the same mechanism.

The "new product" you are talking about exists, it is the Masterlink gateway, and I bet it'll use it.

• 09-15-2010 8:37 AM In reply to

It would be unfortunate if that was the case, but equally unsurprising. 

ML Gateway is definitely overkill - it can control a large variety of 3rd party home automation which would be unutilised if all the user wants is two-way BS5 control.

The existence of ethernet on the BM5 means it would fairly simple to implement whatever service they like in its software to allow a Beo6 to connect over Wi-Fi.  Would be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Does anyone know when we'll get some real information on these products?

• 09-15-2010 9:14 AM In reply to

• lano
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2010
    • Posts 66
    • Gold Member

Or maby a "MLGW lite" build into the BM5, so that it can convert WIFI to ML and thereby let BEO6 controll all your equipment over WIFI?

Guess it will be hard to implement two-way to older products. Some info could maby be sent by those products who can send extended status to MLGW.

• 09-15-2010 10:39 AM In reply to

Sincerely hope you don't need a MLGW to use the supposed 2-way Beo6... 

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 09-15-2010 10:53 AM In reply to

Today only the MLGW and the BM5 have an ethernet socket.

I hear all new devices will have ethernet from now, so maybe this remote is for these new devices.

• 09-15-2010 11:01 AM In reply to

And BV10, BV7-40 (Mk4 onward), BV7-55 - either for 'service use' or BDLive/firmware updates.  So these could possibly be utilised in future - depending what hardware (if any) they're connected to.

• 09-15-2010 11:34 AM In reply to

I think it is quite easy to have a small converter that converts Wlan to Masterlink. THis could be connected to any ML device and convert as long devices do not have built in Ethernet or Wlan.

Technically now problem - B&O Marketing might not like to make an easy solution...

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 09-15-2010 11:43 AM In reply to

Can't see what use it would be?  You're not going to get any data out of an 'old' device with Masterlink, so why bother with the hassle of converting it to Ethernet (which, incidentally, would not be technically very simple!  You'd either need a PC or some more dedicated embedded system - e.g. MLGW).

• 09-15-2010 2:44 PM In reply to

Do we have a picture of the Beolab 6002 and 8002 - I was not aware if these two new products. Any more specific details on new design and enhancements on this?

Thanks

Beovox RL 60.2, RL 6000, S45-2, CX 50, Cona, Beolink Passive, MCL2P, BM4500, Beosound 1, Beocenter 2500, Beolab 2500, Besound 4000, Beolab 4000, Beocom 6000, A8, Beosystem 1

• 09-15-2010 2:53 PM In reply to

What's with all the references to managing music with itunes?  Beoconnect does exactly that and has been available for some time.

I just converted my itunes library to Mp3 wo it plays on all my devices, and with beconnect nstalled I don't do anything but use itunes and the updates to music, playlist etc appear on BeoSound 5.

• 09-15-2010 5:14 PM In reply to

rednik:

What's with all the references to managing music with itunes?  Beoconnect does exactly that and has been available for some time.

I just converted my itunes library to Mp3 wo it plays on all my devices, and with beconnect nstalled I don't do anything but use itunes and the updates to music, playlist etc appear on BeoSound 5.

Huh? BeoConnect only serves as a means to transfer files to the BeoMaster 5. It definitely does not keep files synchronized between the computer and the BeoMaster 5. In order to edit music files AFTER a file has been transferred, it is necessary to delete the old file from BeoSound 5, edit the file on the Mac, and re-transfer the file via BeoConnect. A rather tedious process. Such synchronized integration with iTunes is what we've been needing. The BeoPlayer software synchronizes files but is only available for Windows.

• 09-16-2010 4:49 AM In reply to

Aren't all the Ethernet sockets for the CAT7 ML replacement?

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

• 09-16-2010 5:28 AM In reply to

Of course it can run from a NAS server with iTunes or Windows Mediaplayer client

• 09-16-2010 6:22 AM In reply to

Hi BeoWorlders.

I ask for your response.

Does the new BeoSound 5 Encore play FLAC files directly from hard disc via USB port, does it have S/PDIF output (for BL 5), does it have SD slot?

Regards.

Alen

BS 1, BeoCom 2, 2x LC 2, Form 2,  BS 2, BS 3, 2x Beo 4, BS 5, BM 5, BL 5,Beo 6, BS 6, 2x A8, BV 8-40, BL 8000, 3x A9 Keyring, Serenata, BeoTime, BeoTalk 400

• 09-16-2010 6:38 AM In reply to

@Alen: we don't know.. nothing is released yet. BUT.. It will have a microwave and a fridge... and it will run on petrol

• 09-16-2010 6:48 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

Harry2008:

I for sure hope for the same! Hopefully the BS5 Encore enables me to use the BM5 from another room as well.

Personally I would love to have a BS5 including a thin cd-player integrated  and be capable to connect to my Mac Mini server (which shares my music and movie libraries... ). I assume however that this will not be delivered

I would love the BS5 to have a CD player integrated that allows you to rip to a BM acting as an itunes server so you would use this as your master and not the computer. 

• 09-16-2010 8:33 AM In reply to

In the future, from B&O products. ?

Silicon portal gives consumers the ability to listen to both streaming music
    services as well as their own digital music library.

Customers include Bang & Olufsen, Bose, Bush, Cyrus, Denon, Goodmans,
    Grundig, harman/kardon, Hitachi, JVC, Magic Box, Ministry of Sound, NAD,
    Onkyo, Panasonic, Philips, Pioneer, PURE, Revo, Roberts, Samsung, Sanyo,
    Sharp, Sony, TEAC, Tivoli Audio and Yamaha.

http://www.newswiretoday.com/news/44756/

Page 2 of 8 (191 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »