in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-24-2010 3:55 AM by fridsten. 57 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-23-2010 2:43 PM In reply to

• BeoTom
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-09-2010
    • Texas
    • Posts 45
    • Bronze Member

Re: TOP 10 designed Bang & Olufsen products ever

j0hnbarker:

rghaleb:

1. beocenter 2 (sooooo beautiful)

2. beolab 5 (original and daring)

3. beolab 6000 (simply elegant)

4. a8 earphones

5. beovision 5 (first B&O I ever saw and I fell in love)

6. beosound 9000

7. beovision 10 (not on the stand though)

8. beocom 6000

9. beosound 1

10. beovision 7

but honestly, even the ugliest B&O looks good, they dont make bad looking products.

So absolutely nothing pre-2000ish was any good then?

With B&O, I think each decade needs it's own top ten list!  For a company that's been around 85 years, it's hard to pick just 10 pieces!  Though the products from the early 60's through present seem to be the most popular, and still in use today.

• 05-23-2010 3:31 PM In reply to

BeoTom:

With B&O, I think each decade needs it's own top ten list!  For a company that's been around 85 years, it's hard to pick just 10 pieces!  Though the products from the early 60's through present seem to be the most popular, and still in use today.

Definitely! Although I don't know if the early products really were "designed" in the sense we use today or if they just came up looking like they did, there were some real beauties in the '30s and '40s for example. Few people have seen many of them though, so you don't see them come up in threads like this.

(And I'm sure many current B&O owners don't care much for the heritage, and consider them just useless old junk what they, pragmatically speaking, mostly are...)

-mika

• 05-23-2010 3:58 PM In reply to

B&O have always had a certain flair - the Hyperbo 5 RG Steel being a very obvious example. The reason that B&O became more popular in the 60s was the export market. Before this B&O really were a Danish producer and concentrated on the home market. Products like the 900 suddenly introduced B&O to the world.

• 05-23-2010 4:23 PM In reply to

• Clakke
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-01-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

Hi

I really should not try to judge this since I have not been a B&O customer so much yet. But I just can´t let this thread just pass Smile. First I want to say that it is hard to find something really ugly from B&O. Some of the items are incredible and some does not wake my passion. I can not even pick ten items, but I wrote down some that I know of and like best. I am also not very aware of the old items, so almost just new things. Here we go:

1. Beolab 8000 (This is B&O for me!!)

2. Beosound 9000 (Almost nr 1)

3. Beosound 3200

4. Beocenter 2

5. Beolab 5 (This is a monster, but a nice one)

6-?. Some CRT TVs from 70-80s and possibly 90s, I have no idea of the names

7. Beocom 2

Good evening

Clakke

• 05-24-2010 2:57 AM In reply to

• jjcox
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-31-2009
    • Midden-Brabant, the Netherlands
    • Posts 61
    • Bronze Member

I'm missing the MX-series of TV's in this thread. How timeless are they?! Designed in 1985 and *still* state of the art in the beginning of the 21st century. Compare a 1985 MX to *any* other telly from that era and the other one looks like ready for the graveyard, while the MX begs for a cleaning cloth to be happy and shine again Cool.

Really, I love the MX-series and think it's one of the master pieces B&O have produced.

• 05-24-2010 3:13 AM In reply to

Beosound 4 is the single most useful Beosound they've ever made from a features standpoint.  CD? Radio? Of course.  DAB? N.Music? SD card? N.Radio? Yes.  Big long screen with 4 lines of useful info? Yes.  Nifty moving glass front?  Check. The only thing missing is optical in and out.

BS4.  Think about it.  Seriously, the most feature packed device ever to roll out of B&O.

• 05-24-2010 3:41 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

dilznik:

Beosound 4 is the single most useful Beosound they've ever made from a features standpoint.  CD? Radio? Of course.  DAB? N.Music? SD card? N.Radio? Yes.  Big long screen with 4 lines of useful info? Yes.  Nifty moving glass front?  Check. The only thing missing is optical in and out.

BS4.  Think about it.  Seriously, the most feature packed device ever to roll out of B&O.

It is a good product, very versatile, and was great value when it first came out, now it's become a little more un-affordable

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 05-24-2010 3:55 AM In reply to

• fridsten
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 167
    • Founder

jjcox:

I'm missing the MX-series of TV's in this thread. How timeless are they?! Designed in 1985 and *still* state of the art in the beginning of the 21st century. Compare a 1985 MX to *any* other telly from that era and the other one looks like ready for the graveyard, while the MX begs for a cleaning cloth to be happy and shine again Cool.

Really, I love the MX-series and think it's one of the master pieces B&O have produced.

You're absolutely right. I thought it was on my list, but when I checked, it seems I have forgotten to put it there.

Page 3 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3