in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-30-2012 2:33 PM by mbee. 249 replies.
Page 5 of 10 (250 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-31-2010 3:47 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Re: The unique, one and only SOFTWARE UPDATE THREAD!

TripEnglish:

In a very very short time Apple Lossless and FLAC will be supported. I started ripping at home to Apple Lossless in anticipation. 

Great thread. BeoWorld at its best. I'm watching for this release. I would love for this thread to evolve into something like this

• 05-31-2010 4:30 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

That was my goal with my editing of the first post... But it's really difficult, as we need some people who have access to the dealer software to copy the changelog in this thread so that I can copy it on the first post...

• 05-31-2010 6:09 AM In reply to

Spiros:
    Moderators!!! Come on!! Pin it!!! it's extremely useful information!

I support this and have asked on a couple of prior occasions - unfortunately we've been ignored in favour of re-runs of Cottery Press Books ;-)

These products are all about the software nowadays and with B&O customers having a vast range of positive and negative experiences over something that changes more frequently than the hardware itself.  I would imagine this is the first place people should now come when they are experiencing issues or need to update the community on bugs they are experiencing. It would also serve the community well, since we know B&O do browse the site frequently and would help us to report the many bugs and beta testing we all seem to go through. 

It would also hopefully better engage the moderators and experts. I was hoping someone with access to the service tool might have been able to update us all on the change log for V8.02. I asked via this thread over a month ago with no response. Likewise, we've not seen the update logo of for 8.12. I'm guessing 8.02 was a major update, but I've had no information - other than my own TV seems finally a bit more stable. I am however experiencing banding issues with the top grey bar of the clock display as the Blu-Ray drive boots up. Anyone else seeing this on a BV7-Mk III?

Moderators - please, please pin this!!

• 06-02-2010 2:01 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

First post updated with the almighty BM5 SW 6.01! Big Smile

• 06-04-2010 12:07 PM In reply to

Ehlerz:

Hi All

Rumour has it that the new DVB-HD SW update has eliminated the possibility of recording on HDR2 directly from the EPG, can someone confirm this?

/Ehlerz

Hi Ehlerz,

after the DVB-HD SW update 0.1.4.5 recording was still possible.

Today my BV 10-40 was also updated with actual SW build 109.e. Now recording is not possible any more, not only from the HD-module but also from the anlalogue tuner. This is because the scart connection does not send the video and audio signals from BV 10 to any connected video machine!

I am very disappointed!

Regards

Räuber

• 06-04-2010 4:07 PM In reply to

tbh this is the kind of thing that puts me off bno at the mo'

i like the hardware , but the software seems a bit of a disaster area

i think i'lll stick with my stone age avant for a wee bit longer until they iron out all the problems with the bv7

• 06-05-2010 2:52 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Flappo:

tbh this is the kind of thing that puts me off bno at the mo'

i like the hardware , but the software seems a bit of a disaster area

i think i'lll stick with my stone age avant for a wee bit longer until they iron out all the problems with the bv7

\

Me too.

• 06-07-2010 4:30 AM In reply to

Hi All

In relation to another thread (http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/33881.aspx), does anyone else experience ballance issues when playing through ML on speakers connected to BS3 Tv´s after upgrading to SW 8.12a? There is no ballance trouble when playing music etc. on players directly connected to the tv, only ML. The issue is that the right speaker does not play as loud as the left speaker. Myself and another person experience this issue and wonder if anyone else experience something similar after upgrading to SW 8.12a?

Note: I have tried plugging/unplugging tv, removing and reattatcing ML cable but with no effect.

/Ehlerz

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 06-07-2010 11:49 AM In reply to

I'd be interested to know this (as in the other thread, I have the same issue).  I assumed it was caused by faulty wiring when I swapped a faceplate.  If more people have the issue, then I won't bother messing about with wiring (which could take ages!).

Maybe one test would be to reverse the master/slave settings on the BV7 and the Link TV and listen to a source at the other end.  I think that could rule out cabling.

• 06-07-2010 2:16 PM In reply to

Hi csmager

B&O in Struer will test my specific setup tomorrow, i will keep you and everyone else updated. I can rule out faulty ML cables as my BL 3500 plays without any balance issues and my BV 7 is the ML master. So it has to be something in the SW and i suspect maybe the AST sound function has something to do about it. (Deactivated the AST on my tv as this was my first thought)

/Ehlerz

Edit: Unfortunatly B&O could not reproduce this issue in their enviroment, so i guess i will have to do some testing myself.

• 06-09-2010 5:10 PM In reply to

Hello!

Again a new software (0.1.4.7) for the HD-module was released. You can download on B&O-Homepage!

I couldn´t notice any changes compared to 0.1.4.5 (also the bug in radio-mode was not fixed).

Regards

Räuber

• 06-10-2010 2:56 AM In reply to

Raeuber:

Hello!

Again a new software (0.1.4.7) for the HD-module was released. You can download on B&O-Homepage!

I couldn´t notice any changes compared to 0.1.4.5 (also the bug in radio-mode was not fixed).

Regards

Räuber

As far as i know, a bug regarding recording directly from EPG to HDR2 has been fixed.

/Ehlerz

• 06-10-2010 5:28 AM In reply to

Ehlerz:

Raeuber:

Hello!

Regards

Räuber

As far as i know, a bug regarding recording directly from EPG to HDR2 has been fixed.

/Ehlerz

After update my BV10-40 with the actual software (build 109.e - 26/04/2010) the RECORD-button doesn´t work anymore, so direct recordings from the HD-module and also from the analogue tuner are not possible anymore. Can anybody confirm this bug?

Regards

Räuber

• 06-10-2010 6:08 AM In reply to

Raeuber:

Hello!

Regards

Räuber

I see that this update isn't available on the Danish version of the B&O homepage - I guess this means that it's not compatible with Danish televisions/televisions located in Denmark? Has anyone from Denmark tried this update on a Beovision 10?

I found the update on the German and the English site:

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/dvb-hd/software-downloads

• 06-10-2010 6:17 AM In reply to

• 06-14-2010 3:10 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

metalmickey:

I see that this update isn't available on the Danish version of the B&O homepage - I guess this means that it's not compatible with Danish televisions/televisions located in Denmark? Has anyone from Denmark tried this update on a Beovision 10?

I found the update on the German and the English site:

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/dvb-hd/software-downloads

I have upgraded my BS3 with this SW and it works fine, just make sure that you read this statement on the B&O homepage, you need to contact your dealer if you have one of these "issues". My BS3 serial number was lower than the required, and i asked my dealer, and all he could say was that it is the SW version in the BS3, so for all the people out there with an BS with lower serial number AND the original SW, the BS3 should be upgraded before using this update.

• A BeoVision 9 with serialnumber lower than 21524332
  • A BeoSystem 3 with serialnumber lower than 21445790
  • A BeoVision 8-40 and live in the UK
  • 07-01-2010 1:39 PM In reply to

Ehlerz:

Raeuber:

Hello!

Regards

Räuber

/Ehlerz

Hello Ehlerz,

although I have updated my HD-module to 0.1.4.7, I have a problem with EPG recordings from the module to HDR2: I deactivated the analogue tuner of my BV10-40. In this case a programmed timer-recording is shown in the timer-index-menue of the HDR2, but source is V.AUX, so no record will be made. Only when I activate the analogue tuner, the correct source (DTV) is stored in HDR2 and the recording is correct.

Can you confirm this bug and is there a solution?

Regards

Räuber

• 07-02-2010 4:18 AM In reply to

Hi,

my BV10-46 was shipped with this current software:

PW328  0336f

FEP       0314c

SYS MOD 2005R

TCON 20091123 <-- is this the software build date?

Whats the verdict? Is this an older build or the the quoted figures refer to a BV10-40? Or are both models using the same software?

Thanks, Peter.

• 07-02-2010 4:41 AM In reply to

Dapper:

Hi,

my BV10-46 was shipped with this current software:

PW328  0336f

FEP       0314c

SYS MOD 2005R

TCON 20091123 <-- is this the software build date?

Whats the verdict? Is this an older build or the the quoted figures refer to a BV10-40? Or are both models using the same software?

Thanks, Peter.

Hi Peter,

my BV10-40 was updated a few weeks ago and the software is as follows:

PW328: 03.36f

FEP: 03.14c

FEP BOOTLOADER: 00.03b

STB TABLE: 05.28b

SYSTEM MODUL: 20.05r

BtB Module: n/a  (don´t know what it is)

DSM FEP: 04.23a

DSM DSP: 04.19a

DVB T/C: 0.1.4.7

TCON: 20090723  (?)

So I think both BV10-40 and BV10-46 are using the same software.

Regards

Räuber

• 07-02-2010 5:20 AM In reply to

Which is the latest software for Beosystem 3 (or Beovision 7-55, Beovision 7-40 w BS3)?

Regards
    Martin

Beolab 5 with sw 3.0,  BV7-55 3D without Bluray(MK II), Beolab 7-4, Beolab 4000 MKII, Beolab 3500, Beovox CX100, Beosound 9000 mkIII, Cabinett 2054, Beo4 MKII, Oppo BDP-93 Blurayplayer (B&O-version)

• 07-02-2010 5:30 AM In reply to

Hi Räuber,

thanks! I agree , it must be the same. But what does your versions relate to in terms of software version?

Was it updated to 1.09e?

Thanks, Peter.

• 07-02-2010 5:49 AM In reply to

Dapper:

Hi Räuber,

thanks! I agree , it must be the same. But what does your versions relate to in terms of software version?

Was it updated to 1.09e?

Thanks, Peter.

Hi Peter,

yes, my BV10-40 was updated to software build 109e from 26/04/2010.

/Räuber

• 07-02-2010 5:58 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

martin01:

Which is the latest software for Beosystem 3 (or Beovision 7-55, Beovision 7-40 w BS3)?

Hi Martin,

I created this thread to answer this kind of questions : look at the very first post of this thread (page 1, post 1) : everything I got about software updates is there. So the latest software version of BS3 is 8.12a!

• 07-04-2010 5:22 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Just updated the first post : software build 126 is now released for BV10 and BV8!

If somebody somewhere has a changelog, it would be highly appreciated ;-)

One of the biggest change seems to be the compatibility with the new SAT tuner for BV10/BV8 : DVB T + C + S.

• 07-08-2010 12:42 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Edited : first news about the changelog of build 126+127 for BV8/BV10... Seems like an interesting piece of software...

Page 5 of 10 (250 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »