in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-18-2009 12:45 PM by toby64. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-17-2009 1:19 PM

• toby64
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-10-2008
    • London
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Beovision 32 and HDMI work around

I have a Beovision 7-32 (bought earlier this year).

I have tried to hook up the new TVonics DTR-HV250 Freeview+recorder (http://www.tvonics.com/digital-tv-recorders/dtr-hv250.html).

This box has one HDMI OUT, one SCART OUT and two HDMI IN.  This seemed like an elegant way to work around the BV7-32’s shortcomings as I hope to connect Apple TV and a PS3 to the DTR-HV250 using the two HDMI IN and then use HDMI OUT to DVI for video and SCART OUT for audio (to AV1).

The Freeview picture works fine when just connected through SCART.  But when the HDMI-DVI cable is connected, I cannot get audio and video together:  I can get AppleTV without sound and I can get Freeview sound without picture.

Any ideas?  Many thanks.

• 12-18-2009 4:26 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision 32 and HDMI work around

I think you cannot distribute audio through the DVI port.

You have to connect a digital sound cable from your Tvonics to its AUdio out and plug it in to BV's Audio in (A1-A4). Then assign this audio port (eg. A1) to the DVI port through connections menu.

Hope this helps

-Dimitris

• 12-18-2009 12:45 PM In reply to

• toby64
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-10-2008
    • London
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beovision 32 and HDMI work around

Thanks Dimitris, you're right but I was hoping the TVonics box (DTR-HV250) might work as a kind of HDMI switch taking sound from an HDMI IN and sending audio through to the SCART OUT but TVonics have confirmed that this is not possible:

"The DTR-HV250 will just pass through the HDMI from input to output. Audio will not come out of the SCART from the Incoming HDMI source.

For normal viewing of the freeview terrestrial signal. The HDMI to DVI lead will give your TV video and Audio will come from the SCART via the necessary LEAD if the TV will accept it as an audio signal to accompany the DVI input.

If you wish to hook up a PS3 using a HDMI Lead the TV will give the video and the audio will have to be supplied from the PS3 via the necessary lead."

So my problem is now here:

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/25244/246913.aspx#246913

Filed under: ,
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)