in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-15-2009 11:10 AM by Beobuddy. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-14-2009 9:26 AM

Two STB's with BV3

I have a Beovision 3 32" and in the specs it says that it should be able to control two STB's. So I have tried to set STB (SAT) to my Samsung STB and STB V.AUX to Apple remote. However, regardless of whether the TV is in V.AUX or SAT mode, it just sends either one of the signals.

That is, in the setup described above, it sends the IR signal for the Samsung STB even if it is in V.AUX mode. Any suggestions?

Filed under: , ,
  • 10-14-2009 10:50 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Re: Two STB's with BV3

I'm sure someone will know the correct answer, but for my information, are you saying that you have a single STB controller fitted inside your BV3 and that this 1 unit can control 2 separate STBs? I thought the STBC menu allowed selection of the STB, but only one selection at a time.

If it can control 2 then that's good news!

• 10-14-2009 11:50 AM In reply to

I can confirm that you CAN have two STB's connected to a Beovision 3 as shown below:-

In order to enable remote control operation of your set-top box with the Beo4 remote control you must connect the enclosed low-power IR transmitter:

• Connect the IR transmitter to the IR OUTPUT socket on BeoVision 3.
    • Fasten the IR transmitter to the IR receiver of the set-top box.

To connect two set-top boxes you need an IR Y-adaptor (part number 6174171) to connect two set-top boxes to your BeoVision 3.

• Connect your primary and secondary set-top boxes to the AV and DECODER sockets on BeoVision 3 (or the DECODER and V.TAPE sockets if you have connected equipment to the AV socket)
    • Connect the IR Y-adaptor to the IR OUTPUT socket on BeoVision 3
    • Connect the IR transmitter for your primary set-top box to the chrome socket on the IR Y-adaptor, and fasten the other end to the IR receiver on your primary set-top box
    • Connect the IR transmitter for your secondary set-top box to the gold socket on the IR Y-adaptor, and fasten the other end to the IR receiver on your secondary set-top box
    • Register your primary set-top box in the Connections menu as STB(SAT) and your secondary set-top box as STB(V.AUX)

Regards Keith....

• 10-14-2009 11:54 AM In reply to

Keith,

Can the same be done with an Avant?

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 10-14-2009 12:11 PM In reply to

Graham,

You can do exactly the same on the AVANT

To add a second STB you need a IR Y-adaptor part # 6174171 and one more IR-blaster part #8330352

Regards Keith....

• 10-14-2009 12:47 PM In reply to

• hebo
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 305
    • Founder

I can just confirm, works perfect.

I control both DVT and AppleTV with my Beo4/Avant,

but you must, as Keith says, have a IR Y-adaptor and one more IR-blaster from B&O

BV10

• 10-14-2009 1:36 PM In reply to

Just keep in  mind that the best picturequality will be obtained through the AV-VTape socket.

These  will support RGB/composite and the Decoder only composite.

At my BV5 I have 2 Dreamboxes 7025+ at the same time. So I can watch/control simultaniously in the livingroom and kitchen.

• 10-14-2009 5:48 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

A note to all BeoVision3 owners, this is only possible on the 32" version as it is the same chassis as an Avant.

The 28" BeoVision3 can only use one STBc emitter as it uses a different chassis even though it just looks like a smaller set.

Opman

• 10-14-2009 6:07 PM In reply to

Opman:

A note to all BeoVision3 owners, this is only possible on the 32" version as it is the same chassis as an Avant.

The 28" BeoVision3 can only use one STBc emitter as it uses a different chassis even though it just looks like a smaller set.

Ahh! I always wondered but was afraid to ask Big Smile what the talk on the 32" being the "real thing" was...

What's in a 28" then? BV1 chassis with some quick'n'dirty 16:9 changes, or what...?

-mika

• 10-14-2009 8:46 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I think we've missed the point in the original posters question ~ his issue is that the STB-C is sending an IR signal to both the samsung and apple unit when he's only wanting to control one at a time.

To my knowlegde there is nothing you can do about that, my BV3 does the same thing with my two strong set top boxes, unless anybody else can shed light on this?

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 10-15-2009 1:25 AM In reply to

• hebo
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 305
    • Founder

Dave:

I think we've missed the point in the original posters question ~ his issue is that the STB-C is sending an IR signal to both the samsung and apple unit when he's only wanting to control one at a time.

To my knowlegde there is nothing you can do about that, my BV3 does the same thing with my two strong set top boxes, unless anybody else can shed light on this?

Myself missed to read about the orginal Y-adaptor when I was installing my setup. But it works with an orginal B&O adapter.

This is taken from an earlier post from Gerd;

The IR-output socket has 3 pins where only pin 1 is common to both IR-transmitters.
    By using an ordinary adaptor you will probably short-circuit one of the outputs.

The original adaptor has a chrome- and a gold-coloured socket for a primary (STB-SAT)
    and a secondary (STB-V.AUX) set top box.

I hope this clear things upSmile

BV10

• 10-15-2009 3:20 AM In reply to

Dave:

Yes, that's the way I've read it. The same signal hits both boxes at the same time, so unless the boxes are differenrt/ use different codes, they will both respond. But if the boxes are different then one box will not be affected by the signal intended for the other. Is that right?

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 10-15-2009 9:53 AM In reply to

The BV3-32 has the same STB-C controller as the Avant 32 RF DVD and BV5 I own.

This STB-C can control 2 identical boxes independent at the same time.

Normaly the ir-eye has a 3,5mm mono jacket. The splitter has a 3,5 mm stereo jacket with the ground at the bottom, Vaux in the middle an DTV/Sat at the end.

It is rather easy to make one for yourself.

• 10-15-2009 10:24 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

In simple & basic terms for my benefit please!

Leaving aside the splitter, do I understand that it is possible to access the STB menu for one scart connection, select a particular make of STB, then access the menu for another scart connection and set this one for a different make of box altogether?

Or is it the case as has been mentioned (and what I thought) that the 2 boxes have to be identical, therefore receiving the same IR signal at the same time?

• 10-15-2009 11:10 AM In reply to

Example:

If you select : STB (DTV/SAT) for the AV socket and STB (Vaux) for the decodersocket, then the BV will automatically ask you first to choose the right make/model for DTV and secondly asks you to enter the same for the STB Vaux.

It can either be the same or different model.

If have expericienced this for 2 Topfield boxes, 2 Dreamboxes and a topfield and a dreambox together.  

This could also work for i.e. a ps3 and a settopbox for cable,satelite or whatever is on the list of the table.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)