in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-12-2009 2:23 PM by danezro. 91 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (92 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-08-2009 10:53 AM In reply to

Re: B & O starting to fall behind?

mfirst:

It was not covered under warranty - this was a few years ago and I had already had it for a few years (could not have been that long since it has not been out that long).

The resale issue - while very valid and is appropriate for things like cars - there is no second hand or trade-in market in the United States (short of ebay).  Even some of the high end stereo places rarely have any interest in buying or selling or trading B&O.

-michael

I definitely agree with you on this point.  B&O dealers generally won't take used B&O equipment in trade.  It is really annoying.  I have some B&O items I will be putting on ebay soon and I dread it.  One time I was able to trade in a pair of almost new Beolab 6000s for Beolab 8000s but they insisted I pay cash and set them up myself.  These conditions were okay but my initial reaction from them was that they were doing me a favor.

Bang & Olufsen North America almost gives the impression they are here only to market to the small group that knows their products.  I never see advertising.    

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 09-08-2009 1:10 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

R Patton:

Is the latest and greatest technology what "everybody" needs to cope with life, especially when it has to do with "entertainment" products?  It's "life style" not life sustaining.  Technology, like B&O is background stuff, and not the forefront of my daily existance, or at least that is how I treat it.  Plus if I want to add another B&O product years from now I can do it, because thats the way B&O has always been.   

I think rPatton hit the nail on the head. People will buy what fits into their current lifestyle. If it's B&O, great, if it's something else, great. Brand Loyalty is a fickle thing (if it exists at all) nowadays, and B&O knows this.

Incidentally, anyone in the US interested in a Beosound 9000 pristing in box with a wall bracket in box??? :-) PM me.

I've sold off most of my B&O except for my trusty Beogram 6500 turntable, which I will never part with. The love story ended last year. Integration, the constant NEED for dealer involvement, and the inconvenience of a pricey closed format.

Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 09-08-2009 1:12 PM In reply to

i don't no what it is about this forum and people not responding to questions when asked about certain things. i think that its out of order and rude i mean does it hurt to reply back to a question when someone asks? i thought that this forum was supposed to help and even guide people with knowledge when it comes to b&0. i have been ignored a couple of times and it is very irritating i may not have the stuff that you may have or move in the circles that you people do or maybe what i ask may not be important or even relevant but a response back or even a answer doesn't hurt. i think that its out of common courtesy to at least make people feel welcome on this forum i have considered b&0 many of times and just thought that by signing on to this forum would be key as many of you owners have b&0 and  have had experience and thoughts to share. how wrong was i no one may even care less about what i'm saying but i felt that it had to be said.

• 09-08-2009 1:55 PM In reply to

I don't think anyone is ignoring you - your question rather got lost in this thread - to be honest, it is probably better to start a new thread if you have a particular query - a number of us trawl the site regularly looking for unanswered questions but if they are in the middle of a big thread, we can miss them. I apologise if you feel slighted.

The processing in B&O sets is quite often a Philips based system but tweaked by B&O. I confess to being technically fairly ignorant in this field but no doubt someone can answer more thorougly. The nature of forums is such that one can feel like a thread stopper or generally ignored - it happens to me as well at times! Usually the question is too hard!!

• 09-08-2009 2:09 PM In reply to

thank you for replying one thing that i have always noticed with b&0 is that there lcd pictures had a similarity with certain philips tvs that i have seen. i actually own a new 47 inch philips tv and the picture is really impressive but i do find a similarity to the way that it handles motion to a b&0 tv. thanks again for replying. ps how do you start a new thread on this forum thanks in advance.

• 09-08-2009 2:26 PM In reply to

Pick a forum, the General Forum for instance. At the top, just above announcements is a tab maked 'Write A New Post".

• 09-08-2009 7:42 PM In reply to

Hi Markie...

Just to echo Peter's earlier response.. you were definitely not being ignored, feel assured of that. I think Peter is quite right that we do often get lost in threads, happens to me often when posting then rereading to remember if my post is/was still relevent to what I originally wanted to post about! You see? I am lost already! Honestly, this is a great forum, one of the best on the net. Very polite and friendly and hugely informative. People only really comment on something they feel passionate about, even if only a little. I think its human nature to scan through threads picking out what is of personal interest to us, often disregarding stuff that isn't. Its never a personal thing if someone doesn't reply.

All the best!
    Simon.

• 09-08-2009 7:48 PM In reply to

Actually, that is one of the great things about this forum - there is so much communication and discussion.  It is easy to see how a post may fall off the radar if not immediately addressed - but re-post and someone will have something to say.  

• 09-08-2009 9:52 PM In reply to

Sal, wow there's a member from WAY back!  My congrats on the kicking the B&O addiction.  I still have it and I'm really not willing to part ways with any of my stuff, I'm getting older and it's time I settled down, good luck with what ever makes you happy in the future.

linder made an intersting point about the North America market.  B&O survives on literally NO advertising here in the U.S.  I never see anything, no written ads, no TV commercials, nothing. 

• 09-09-2009 3:31 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

"I think rPatton hit the nail on the head. People will buy what fits into their current lifestyle."

Oh Sal that much abused word 'lifestyle'!

Can you explain please how buying, for example, a TV, can fit in to a 'lifestyle'? Why not just say people will buy what they like?

Wink

• 09-09-2009 5:21 AM In reply to

What you like is your lifestyle. You can't say that tastes are diferent but with equal quality. A man that want 100years waranty, 500 terabites hard drive etc should find his happynes somewhere else. B&O are selling art in every term of speaking. Visualy,  sound, touch, passion for it. Tell me some hifi firm that is producing same model of for example speakers for over 10 years like them that are still very sought after and will be a dream forever. Trying to explain money you spent on it is wrong philosophy. 

I thought that b&o is dead after Jensen left but then Lewis appeared and I even like it more. They will always survive and always be magnificent. Because they are selling something that is immortal and thats art. All other technical components and trends will pass.

• 09-09-2009 6:33 AM In reply to

There are products like quad electrostats that have been in production for 40 years and linn hifi and naim have produced amazing quality with little modification over the years.

most hifi products date and a lot of older b+o products are no longer of much value.

b+o need to intergate seamlessley with 3rd party products adding far more hdmi leads etc

trends do pass but most people will always buy into them.

a bc2 is a lovely piece of design but lots of people wont bluray built in and  they feel shortchanged 

• 09-09-2009 6:34 AM In reply to

Milos Markovski:

What you like is your lifestyle. You can't say that tastes are diferent but with equal quality. A man that want 100years waranty, 500 terabites hard drive etc should find his happynes somewhere else. B&O are selling art in every term of speaking. Visualy,  sound, touch, passion for it. Tell me some hifi firm that is producing same model of for example speakers for over 10 years like them that are still very sought after and will be a dream forever. Trying to explain money you spent on it is wrong philosophy. 

I thought that b&o is dead after Jensen left but then Lewis appeared and I even like it more. They will always survive and always be magnificent. Because they are selling something that is immortal and thats art. All other technical components and trends will pass.

Nice words.Yes -  thumbs up

BS 1, BeoCom 2, 2x LC 2, Form 2,  BS 2, BS 3, 2x Beo 4, BS 5, BM 5, BL 5,Beo 6, BS 6, 2x A8, BV 8-40, BL 8000, 3x A9 Keyring, Serenata, BeoTime, BeoTalk 400

• 10-12-2009 11:33 AM In reply to

Hello,

i am interested too in the LC2 / LC3 ....which are the alternatives for the light controls?

Thank you

• 10-12-2009 12:38 PM In reply to

hi beonic man after reading what peter said i understand more that their are so many threads on this forum that some can get over looked.

i actually like this forum alot and enjoy the passion for the b&0 brand.  i apologize on my part for sounding a little harsh take care everyone.

• 10-12-2009 12:54 PM In reply to

klojack:

Hello,

i am interested too in the LC2 / LC3 ....which are the alternatives for the light controls?

Thank you

The present solution is to use products from Lutron. There is no doubt however that these suit new build rather than existing lighting. They are also rather expensive!

• 10-12-2009 2:23 PM In reply to

My new neighbour has just offered to babysit so he can watch my BV7-40 MKII - so it can't all be that bad.

B&O is not about the latest technology it's about being beautifully designed and well made.

It's not perfect and it's a shame some of new items look a bit ordinary (Besound 6 comes to mind and the pictures of new phone aren't looking too hopeful) more Beocom 2's please.

Latest and greatest bit of kit I bought is the Beosound 3 - not the latest technology but perfect.

Page 4 of 4 (92 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4