in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-05-2009 1:25 PM by PhilLondon. 119 replies.
Page 4 of 5 (120 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-03-2009 2:46 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Re: beotime - on time ?

Peter :
     iPod dock are little sweetners 

Tis the first time I've heard about it. Any more details?

• 07-03-2009 4:29 AM In reply to

It has been mentioned officially by B&O in their yearly report, so it is not just a rumour. It is support to work on its own on the ML or in combination with a Beosound 5.
  • 07-03-2009 6:19 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

The new audio product can be used as a plug & play (compared to the more complex BS5/BM5 combo where you need to upload music to the BM5 before/while using it) system out of the box. You can dock your iPod. This is one usage, the other is as a link room system for remote control of the BS5 in the main room. Expect a relase in Q4/2009 and a price in the range of the current BS4.

Roger

• 07-03-2009 7:28 AM In reply to

Does it have is own DA-converter?

• 07-03-2009 9:49 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

This sounds very interesting. So I think it will have some display for browsing the Beosound 5 from a link room?!

I can't understand why every manufacturer offers an iPod dock. If I buy a highend audio system I shouldn't even think of "MP3" especialy MP3 & iPod as the iPod is the cheapest sounding player compared to the Sony NWZ Walkman series and Cowons S9 etc.

• 07-03-2009 11:28 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

TWG:
    I can't understand why every manufacturer offers an iPod dock. If I buy a highend audio system I shouldn't even think of "MP3" especialy MP3 & iPod as the iPod is the cheapest sounding player compared to the Sony NWZ Walkman series and Cowons S9 etc.

An ipod supports apple lossless format and can provide a digital output.  Plug that into a high-end dock with a quality D/A (for examples see http://www.hemagazine.com/node/High_End_iPod_Dock_Roundup), and you've got something similar to a BS5 for ~1/5th the cost... better yet, you can easily step into this as many already have all their music on their ipods.  Pretty compelling when it seems that 90% of the world has joined the "ipod nation".  Not me, though, I'm still holding out with my BS2, and very recently a BS5... but I can definitely appreciate the popularity of the ipod (the rest of my family has ipods) and the desire to get a cut of that action.

Stan

• 07-03-2009 1:06 PM In reply to

I'm a bit disappointed because I thought B&O would never release an Ipod dock, as usual they are the last ones to do that, but they will do it anyway..

I don't have an Ipod, I chose the Serenata, but I can't see the point in making a docking station for either at home!

Simply because the Serenata's / Ipod's/ any MP3 player's music comes from your home PC, which is already connected to, or acting as, your B&O system either via BeoPort or BeoMaster 5/BeoMedia. So why having the same thing twice?

The point would have been different if you were planning to plug & listen to your friends' or guests' music files into your existing system, in which case a simple USB plug on the existing BeoSounds would have been more than enough; besides, the USB input, unlike a dedicated Ipod socket, or SD card reader, or solid state memory (all 3 choices being made by B&O) is the most universal input ever, you could even plug your 1 Tb hard drive in it, so why not choosing that type of connection?Hmm

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 07-03-2009 1:13 PM In reply to

I think it looks cool, don't think it's going to be 100e, more likely 500e. Just think about Beo's recent price policy...

If it's under 200e I'm going to buy it, no way if it's 500 or even close.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 07-03-2009 1:43 PM In reply to

I've been told that it gonna be around 375 euro's

• 07-06-2009 4:03 AM In reply to

Has anybody an information about the release date?

• 07-06-2009 4:17 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

The dealers were told in June that it will be available in mid to late summer. But we do have some experience with the vacation influence at this time of the year, so I would expect it to be in a shop near you in late August / early September.

Roger

• 07-06-2009 10:35 AM In reply to

• Beophile
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Washington, DC
    • Posts 42
    • Bronze Member

If it has support for the 12 hour time format I'm a buyer...but I will hesitate if it is over 200 Euros.  I have no interest in this (nor will others in the US) if it only supports the 24 hour time format.

• 07-06-2009 10:44 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Beophile:

If it has support for the 12 hour time format I'm a buyer...but I will hesitate if it is over 200 Euros.  I have no interest in this (nor will others in the US) if it only supports the 24 hour time format.

Ahm, what's the problem with 24 hour time format? I think american people can read the clock like everyone else, can't they? Big Smile

• 07-06-2009 11:25 AM In reply to

Isn't the 12h format reserved for primary school children and thickos only?

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 07-06-2009 12:13 PM In reply to

Americans can read 24 hour time format without any problem.  Its just not in general use by the public.  I have already ordered a Beotime which the dealer said will probably be available in late August.  My dealer didn't mention the time format.

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 07-06-2009 12:17 PM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

Beophile:

BeoTime supports both 12 hour and 24 hour time format.
    It can be set in the menu TIME FORMAT.

• 07-06-2009 12:28 PM In reply to

j0hnbarker:

A trifle judgemental! I think both are widely used! It is good that B&O cater for both preferences.

• 07-06-2009 12:52 PM In reply to

• Beobird
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 506
    • Gold Member

The picture on the first page looks cool Cool

We Can't Get Enough B&O Stuff...

• 07-06-2009 2:52 PM In reply to

• Beophile
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Washington, DC
    • Posts 42
    • Bronze Member

j0hnbarker:

In the US it is extremely rare to see time presented in the 24 hour format.  I do not believe I have ever seen it outside of time being presented on my BS9000, BL3500 and BS3.  I got used to it quickly, but just as quickly, got sick of hearing comments about the time format from my friends and family.  Their comments were directed at my "high end" equipment's lack of ability to do such a basic thing (i.e. present time in a 12 hour format) and not at their lack of ability to read the 24 hour format.  Based on the strength of your comment I would say that for a product in your part of the world to not display the 24 hour format would be equally inconvenient and ridiculous as a product in the US to not display time in a 12 hour format.   For me, despite getting accustomed to the 24 time format, the lack of use of the 24 hour format in my daily life made it slightly inconvenient, which is not something I want in a clock.  While I no longer have the BL3500, I did turn off the clock in my BS9000 and BS3.  It is too bad because I liked the idea of having a clock on my BS9000.  Is there a way to change the time format for the BS9000 mark II to a 12 hour format? The BS3?

• 07-06-2009 3:00 PM In reply to

Beophile:

j0hnbarker:

In the US it is extremely rare to see time presented in the 24 hour format.  I do not believe I have ever seen it outside of time being presented on my BS9000, BL3500 and BS3.  I got used to it quickly, but just as quickly, got sick of hearing comments about the time format from my friends and family.  Their comments were directed at my "high end" equipment's lack of ability to do such a basic thing (i.e. present time in a 12 hour format) and not at their lack of ability to read the 24 hour format.  Based on the strength of your comment I would say that for a product in your part of the world to not display the 24 hour format would be equally inconvenient and ridiculous as a product in the US to not display time in a 12 hour format.   For me, despite getting accustomed to the 24 time format, the lack of use of the 24 hour format in my daily life made it slightly inconvenient, which is not something I want in a clock.  While I no longer have the BL3500, I did turn off the clock in my BS9000 and BS3.  It is too bad because I liked the idea of having a clock on my BS9000.  Is there a way to change the time format for the BS9000 mark II to a 12 hour format? The BS3?

It's a good job you don't wear the uniform soldier! I'm sure the might of the US military machine would grind to a halt if every time H-hour were discussed there was a quick double check to see if it was AM or PM that was being refered to.

Now drop and give me 20!

Hut, hut!

;)

• 07-06-2009 4:16 PM In reply to

Asking a question as to whether an LCD clock can present the time in a 12 hour format is no different than asking in a auto forum if a car will be available in a right hand drive version.  The ridicule is unnecessary and "thicko". 

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 07-06-2009 4:25 PM In reply to

linder:

Asking a question as to whether an LCD clock can present the time in a 12 hour format is no different than asking in a auto forum if a car will be available in a right hand drive version.  The ridicule is unnecessary and "thicko". 

No worries. Any time you need help with your apostrophising, just feel free to ask:

'Its just not in general use by the public'

Sorry if I pushed your buttons. I think you'll find the 'thicko' tag won't stick though.

Now you drop and give me 20...no, make it 24 :)

• 07-06-2009 4:44 PM In reply to

Hmm.. I am going to break the mold and say that I dont like it..... any more photos? on the wall etc??

• 07-07-2009 2:42 AM In reply to

According to the Dutch July picelist I got last Saturday, the price will be € 320,= for the BeoTime

• 07-07-2009 8:24 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Beophile:

It sounds like some kind of envy from your "friends".
    You shouldn't listen what other people say; if you like your Beosound 9000 displaying the time then do it - no matter what other people say!

And thanks for the explanation ... I didn't know that the 12h time display is so important and common in the USA. 

Page 4 of 5 (120 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >