in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-10-2008 6:53 AM by captain. 183 replies.
Page 2 of 8 (184 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-03-2007 6:56 AM In reply to

Re: BeoSound 6 first picture and details

beodim:

I think the design of this player bears really nothing extraordinary that could associate it with B&O. It could be made by just any producer...

I am glad I have my Beosound 2 and wouldn't swap it for this new product.

I totally agree with you. Other than a screen and a little more size than my BS2 it doesn't offer anything else (that we know of yet).

@ Tom: Yes I was expecting it to be able to compete with the iPod, but I didn't expect them to make it look like one too! It will probably look better for real, but this first look seems very boring and very unlike B&O in my opinion.

• 06-03-2007 7:16 AM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

actually, i don't believe it is a final design. From the history, B&O will not give such a meaningless update.

• 06-03-2007 7:36 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

iPod works so well because of iTunes. I hope B&O have the software covered, especially for Mac users, otherwise I wouldnt be interested. Also only 4GB, what? my old iPod mini does that.
  • 06-03-2007 7:59 AM In reply to

I'll wait to see it in the shops, but realistically its needs to be a lot better than any ipod to catch my money....

It needs to be itunes friendly for a start....

• 06-03-2007 8:06 AM In reply to

Just one word: Awfull

For me this is not a B&O product, my feeling is just, waiting for a "thing" like this one? Geez.

Better wait and see for the final release.

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

• 06-03-2007 8:26 AM In reply to

• Philippe
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Peter:
    Looks frighteningly similar! A review!

You're spot on, Peter : "frighteningly" is the word! Considering the Samsung/B&O partnership for mobile devices, is the BS6 just a rebadged Samsung MP3 player?

Philippe

• 06-03-2007 9:11 AM In reply to

• Beobird
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 506
    • Gold Member

Philippe:

is the BS6 just a rebadged Samsung MP3 player?

Philippe

no it's just repriced Ick! 

We Can't Get Enough B&O Stuff...

• 06-03-2007 9:19 AM In reply to

eduard:

I really hope this is NOT the BS-6 as it will be at the shop........let's hope they make it better!!

I Struer we have learned that it take more time to come up with a new model, and not a copy/past model from Samsung, if this model comes out, well they should be ashame!!

And I really hope it will be a much better model... I will call it the MP3 kikinoko model ore The Kikinoko-6

I cannot say that I am surprised by all this. A company like B&O cannot compete in this market in the same way that they cannot compete in the mobile phone, headphones, wrist watch, or any other of the "mass" markets.

The main reason is that they don't have an enormous "home" market to sell into. The pacific rim, american and before very long, the chinese markets are essential multi billion dollar sales platforms that need to be conquered before any company can afford the enormous development costs and the investment in manufacturing that is required to compete in anything but niche areas. B&O should stick to what they do best and forget the low cost/high volume mug punter areas and concentrate on low/medium volume high profit per unit sales items where it has succeded in the past.

I notice that they are not yet launching a sound system for the Ford Focus!!

Regards Graham

• 06-03-2007 9:33 AM In reply to

>>y its needs to be a lot better than any ipod to catch my money<<

The only reason why I would say this makes sense is, if it supports SD cards so that the BS4 and BS3 memory card will be extendended. Maybe that what I see on the buttom as an Ipod like connector is an SD slot?

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 06-03-2007 10:04 AM In reply to

Unfortunately I think it is a USB connector - but a Samsung type.
  • 06-03-2007 10:17 AM In reply to

joeyboygolf:
    eduard:

I really hope this is NOT the BS-6 as it will be at the shop........let's hope they make it better!!

I Struer we have learned that it take more time to come up with a new model, and not a copy/past model from Samsung, if this model comes out, well they should be ashame!!

And I really hope it will be a much better model... I will call it the MP3 kikinoko model ore The Kikinoko-6

I cannot say that I am surprised by all this. A company like B&O cannot compete in this market in the same way that they cannot compete in the mobile phone, headphones, wrist watch, or any other of the "mass" markets.

The main reason is that they don't have an enormous "home" market to sell into. The pacific rim, american and before very long, the chinese markets are essential multi billion dollar sales platforms that need to be conquered before any company can afford the enormous development costs and the investment in manufacturing that is required to compete in anything but niche areas. B&O should stick to what they do best and forget the low cost/high volume mug punter areas and concentrate on low/medium volume high profit per unit sales items where it has succeded in the past.

I notice that they are not yet launching a sound system for the Ford Focus!!

Graham has made the same point as I have recently that B&O are trying to expand by offering 'cheaper' products, such as the BV8. B&O don't need to do this (well they haven't needed to until now) in my opinion. I don't entirely think this fits entirely with the BS6 topic because maybe if they'd just made it better we wouldn't be criticizing it.

• 06-03-2007 10:43 AM In reply to

The BV8 really replaces the MX range which has always been cheaper. I think it is actually rather an interesting set though the shelf means it would collect dust in our house!
  • 06-03-2007 11:00 AM In reply to

Is it realistic of us to believe that Samsung did have some input into the making of the BS6 then? The resembelance is strikingly obvious.
  • 06-03-2007 11:11 AM In reply to

The BS6 has not yet been officially announced! I wonder if this could be a cunning plan to test the water! Looking at what we can see, the extra engineering can't have been that expensive.
  • 06-03-2007 11:13 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Quote Beoworld Playable format(s): MP3 (320kbps), WMA (256kbps)

What about AAC, AIFF or Apple Lossless Encoding?
  • 06-03-2007 12:30 PM In reply to

Could this BS6 possibly connect to a beosound and be controlled by the beo4 or beo5 without the need for a chipped docking station........

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 06-03-2007 1:21 PM In reply to

ArgyleMoss:
     Could this BS6 possibly connect to a beosound and be controlled by the beo4 or beo5 without the need for a chipped docking station........

I don't think we know about this much detail yet, but I doubt it.

Ignace, where did you find this image of BeoSound 6?

• 06-03-2007 1:39 PM In reply to

Thanks Eduard, I was wondering whether it may have been a website that we could have a close inspection!
  • 06-03-2007 1:43 PM In reply to

britops:
    Quote Beoworld Playable format(s): MP3 (320kbps), WMA (256kbps)

What about AAC, AIFF or Apple Lossless Encoding?

This is what the Samsung plays. The B&O could be different. 

• 06-03-2007 1:48 PM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

Henry:
    Thanks Eduard, I was wondering whether it may have been a website that we could have a close inspection!

Hi Henry,

Like Eduard mentioned, we cannot reveal sources, nor can we reveal information about introduction of new products

(before official introduction, of course)

I have to admit that sometimes it is tempting to post new information when i get enthousiastic about a new product Smile

• 06-03-2007 1:55 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

http://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=1243#

Why should I ever buy a Samsung YP-Z5 MP3 for 620 Eur ? This is madness ! Because of the slightly altered menu ? This samsung player is already made with quality materials and very solid.

• 06-03-2007 2:30 PM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

Gatex:

http://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=1243#

Why should I ever buy a Samsung YP-Z5 MP3 for 620 Eur ? This is madness ! Because of the slightly altered menu ? This samsung player is already made with quality materials and very solid.

Agree, a friend has purchased the Samsung mp3-player and he is very satisfied with the quality/ materials.

If B&O is going to introduce the new BeoSound 6 as a real B&O product,

at least they could/should have added some B&O-style features,

like f.e. some basic remote control functionality, like the keyring.

I don't own a Serene, but from what i understand, the Serene has some features that the Samsung-version doesn't have.

If the BeoSound 6 is "just" a re-branded Samsung, to me it feels like B&O-history is repeating itself (the 80's - 90's) ,

when f.e. the Beocord VHS 62 is a rebranded Philips vcr. 

BeoCord VHS 62 

Page 2 of 8 (184 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »