in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-12-2009 6:09 PM by joostdeclercq. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-22-2009 2:04 PM

Clock Oscillator Frequencies

does anyone know what freq the Ouverture uses for the CD player ??

I am not happy with the DAC chips used in the Ouverture, and the best way I can think of to avoid the amount of jitter that I'm getting is to slave the Ouverture to a decent DAC ( using the DAC as the master clock to reduce the jitter )

then I need to desolder and remove the quartz resonator from the Ouverture and use some quality coaxial cable to the clock output of my new DAC

• 05-22-2009 2:31 PM In reply to

Re: Clock Oscillator Frequencies

That's a good Question for Keith.

Btw what do you hear when there is to much jitter ouverture.

• 05-22-2009 2:57 PM In reply to

against other CD Players it stands out, but to give a quick overview, lets see....

How does Jitter sound?

Jitter is audible! If a CD player has jitter it will sound like the orchestra is placed in a phone booth right between the speakers. If there is less jitter, the sound will appear to come out of the speakers, and the orchestra placed inside each speaker. You can not hear if an instrument is placed in front or behind other instruments, only if it is playing at a higher or lower level. The bass reproduction will be slow and rumbling, with no distinction or details.

that's pretty much what I get when playing my favourite classical CD's on the Ouverture

• 05-22-2009 5:18 PM In reply to

Hi,

I did the Tentlabs upgrade to my beogram CD7000 to reduce the jitter.  Should also be an option for the Ouverture.

Kind regards

Joost

• 06-12-2009 10:04 AM In reply to

what a nice chap "Guido" at Tentlabs is  Big Smile

I think I might have my Ouverture upgraded using some of the things that Guido has in his lab/shop :-)

He told me that all the 2300 series ( and in fact most B&O CD players )  use  11.2896 MHz Oscillators

I then found out that all the Beocenter 2300 family uses the famous Philips CD-PRO modules that they have been making since 1984

http://www.beocentral.com/families/bc2300

http://www.marantzphilips.nl/Philips_cdm12_cdm-Pro

According to Guido, it is also a good idea to change the output opamps LM833 for OPA2134, and see if coupling electrolytics can be improved or taken out (in case no offset is present)

Did your CD7000 sound noticeably better for the upgrade ?

Peter

• 06-12-2009 6:09 PM In reply to

Hi Peter,

I'm not a techie-guy and neither an audio-expert, but I heared most of the improvement when I added the Tentlabs XO-powersupply to the XO-clock.   It was a close fit, but I managed to integrate it all in the CD7000.

Don't ask me why, maybe it's all between the ears :-)

Audiophiles who hear my setup describe the sound as 'remarkable' and 'near studio-quality'...  For what it's worth...

I also changed some of the capacitors and the op-amps as suggested by Martin (Die_bogener) in an older thread.

Kind regards and good luck

Joost

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)