in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-24-2007 3:43 PM by Jandyt. 26 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-01-2007 12:07 PM

• benkap
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Oslo, Norway
    • Posts 162
    • Bronze Member

How to preset motorised stand?

I have an early MX4000 and need to preset a position for my newly acquired motorised wall bracket. The manual for my MX doesn't mention how to set a motorised stand. I downloaded the manual from the official B&O site and also from here but it seems I don't have a STAND option in the setup menu, only program list and connection setups.
  • 06-01-2007 12:37 PM In reply to

Re: How to preset motorised stand?

When the stand is connected it will show as an option in the Picture command along side brightness, contrast, and colour.

Regards Graham

• 06-01-2007 12:57 PM In reply to

• benkap
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Oslo, Norway
    • Posts 162
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the reply, Graham. Could you specify the sequence of buttons I need to press? Maybe it's just me being thick but I definitely don't have the same options as the manual poses.
  • 06-01-2007 2:19 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Do you use BL1000 or Beo4?

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 06-01-2007 2:44 PM In reply to

If you have beolink 1000, press picture when the TV is on and you should have stand displayed in the top left hand side of the screen.

When stand is displayed then the arrow keys will change the orientation of the stand and press store twice when the tcv is facing in the correct direction.

Regards Graham

• 06-01-2007 3:05 PM In reply to

• benkap
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Oslo, Norway
    • Posts 162
    • Bronze Member

Sorry, I use a Beo4 - newest version. I have tried exactly what you descibe, Graham, but it is like the TV doesn't remember the new setting. Is there any reason this would only be possible with a Beolink 1000?
  • 06-01-2007 3:06 PM In reply to

go to menu of your tv. there should be stand if it's correctly hooked up.
  • 06-01-2007 3:17 PM In reply to

jooka:
    go to menu of your tv. there should be stand if it's correctly hooked up.

Not always. It depnds on the age of the tv.

On the older mx4000's the stand setting was not in the menu.

Only in the later beo4 versions were the option to set the stand in the menu.

Regards Brett
  • 06-01-2007 3:19 PM In reply to

• benkap
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Oslo, Norway
    • Posts 162
    • Bronze Member

That's what I thought, too, but when I press MENU I only get 'Program list' and 'Setup'. Other than this preset thing the motor is functioning as it should.
  • 06-01-2007 3:27 PM In reply to

I'm i write in thinking you have a newish beo4, but your mx is an old version?

Regards Brett
  • 06-01-2007 3:50 PM In reply to

• benkap
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Oslo, Norway
    • Posts 162
    • Bronze Member

Yes, that's correct. I have the opportunity to borrow a Beolink 1000 from a friend if that would do me any good.
  • 06-01-2007 4:00 PM In reply to

• PL212
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - Seattle
    • Posts 318
    • Bronze Member

Do you have P.STORE added to your Beo4 so that it shows up when you press LIST?
  • 06-01-2007 4:05 PM In reply to

With a Beo4 you need to add STAND and STORE to your list. If you press GO with stand on the screen the double arrows will move the stand and select STORE and GO to set the position. I've just tried it with my MX6000 so should work with the 4000

Regards Graham

• 06-01-2007 4:06 PM In reply to

i think thats the easiest solution.

Its always handy to have a bl1000 around.

Not that you cant do it with a beo4, its just no-one knows how to.

Regards Brett
  • 06-01-2007 4:48 PM In reply to

• benkap
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Oslo, Norway
    • Posts 162
    • Bronze Member

I've managed to save my favorite viewing position now doing as Graham stated.
    This is the exact same thing I did earlier when it didn't work.

Is there also a way to save the position the stand will turn to when turning off the TV?

Thanks for all your help, guys Big Smile

• 06-01-2007 5:01 PM In reply to

The stand always goes to the centred position on standby. The only way to change this is to put the mounting plate on crooked!

Regards Graham

• 06-01-2007 5:19 PM In reply to

• benkap
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Oslo, Norway
    • Posts 162
    • Bronze Member

That's what I thought. On standby the stand goes back to a position slightly off center. I don't think I will be doing anything about it, though, as it is too little to correct it by mounting it differently.

Thanks again,
    Ben Smile

• 06-02-2007 11:12 AM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

benkap:

That's what I thought. On standby the stand goes back to a position slightly off center. I don't think I will be doing anything about it, though, as it is too little to correct it by mounting it differently.

Thanks again,
    Ben Smile

I had the same problem with centering in stand-by, but I solved the problem by mounting the tv a little off center, and it worked. Mine is an LX, and I am not sure how the MX is attached, but it might work for you.

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 06-02-2007 11:43 AM In reply to

• PL212
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - Seattle
    • Posts 318
    • Bronze Member

Actually I think the service manual (for the stand) details how to correct centering problems at a hardware level.
  • 07-23-2007 4:53 PM In reply to

can anyone direct me to the service manual for the mx wall motorstand, ive looked for ages through the manuals and just cant see it for looking, i do miss the old forums ease of product search

ive just fitted my mx4000 on the wall in the bathroom (dont worry its not touching water, its way above the bath Wink )

the off position on the stand goes all the way to the left , yet this thread suggests it should go to the center which would look much better that at present facing the adjoining wall,

thanks jay

jason

• 07-23-2007 5:46 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Surely  ' picture, store, 0, store'  will set it in the standby position of your choice.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 07-23-2007 6:03 PM In reply to

jandyt:

Surely  ' picture, store, 0, store'  will set it in the standby position of your choice.

Andy T.

No , tryed it, the older mxs only have the choice of desired "on" position, its not 0,1 or 2 , its simply stand

jay

jason

• 07-24-2007 4:10 AM In reply to

You must have the TV mounting plate in the wrong position!

Put the TV in standby, disconnect and dismount the TV. Now remove the plate and re fix in the standby position which suits you. Remount the TV and all should be well.

I am somewhat concerned by the fact that you have mounted a TV in what could be a steamy atmosphere. I would have thought that this could be dangerous from an electric shock point of view. Perhaps others more qualified would care to comment before we lose one of our gold members.

Regards Graham

• 07-24-2007 6:26 AM In reply to

dont worry Graham ive always wanted to go with a "Bang"Stick out tongue

id tryed your suggestion , its not that changing the position of the plate would do the trick as its the motor that goes back to the far left on standby,

maybe i have a faulty motor

if i re-position the plate to counteract it, i then cant go left at all as it is already as far left as it can go , and due to the position of the mounting screws for the plate there are limited options to re-position that, the nearest better position ive found only lines up 3 of the 4 screws and where ive put it i really dont want yet another screw loose

hard to explain really

im quite a resourceful person and can make most things work with a little tinkering, but in this case i need it to go left and right and standby somewhere inbetween, and after reading in this thread that it should go back to center position just where i need it to be i was hoping i could do that

hope this makes sense

thanks jay

jason

• 07-24-2007 8:04 AM In reply to

Makes perfect sense Jay, seems like the motor has a problem 'cos it should definitely go to the centre at standby. Can you move it both ways manually when the system is on standby?

Suggest you contact Nobby who I'm sure will have a replacement motor at a reasonable price.

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >