in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-26-2009 5:10 AM by johnnielse. 69 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-23-2009 7:29 AM In reply to

Re: 103-inch BeoVision 4 introduced - with cool video

Karel Uyttendaele:

Can't make up my mind yet.. The pictures look good... But I'll have to see it in real life first :-)

I have... or at least the Panasonic that it's based on.  They had one in Moscow's Domodedovo airport when I was there in January.

Picture is very good...  from a distance.  Close up it's a blocky mess.  Still, it's bound to be at that size.

It follows that if you have 100k to spend on a TV, you have a big enough room to put it in Cool

Here's a pic, to give you an idea of how big is big.

Big B&O telly

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 03-24-2009 6:48 AM In reply to

I can't see the picture? Is it loaded from another server that is down or something?

There is a backgrounder/article on the unique elevating stand here. It's called "Moving a giant". Very interesting read: http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1237891297

• 03-24-2009 10:44 AM In reply to

it certainly looks stunning but there tagerting the super rich as usual

its a lot to spend when it will be obsolete

whats wrong with a good projector for large screen movies and normal say 40 inch for light watching

• 03-25-2009 2:14 PM In reply to

johnnielse:

I can't see the picture? Is it loaded from another server that is down or something?

There is a backgrounder/article on the unique elevating stand here. It's called "Moving a giant". Very interesting read: http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1237891297

Yes sorry, my webserver was down for an upgrade, and I forgot to check it had re-registered on the DDNS service.    Embarrassed

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 03-25-2009 2:25 PM In reply to

Still can't see it Huh?

• 03-25-2009 8:21 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

MGBGTV8:

it certainly looks stunning but there tagerting the super rich as usual

its a lot to spend when it will be obsolete

whats wrong with a good projector for large screen movies and normal say 40 inch for light watching

Confused What an odd thing for a B&o enthusiast to say!

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 03-25-2009 8:56 PM In reply to

• Dking63
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-09-2008
    • York, PA USA
    • Posts 27
    • Gold Member

Well, I've got my check book right here, now just where to put the thing.......... garage maybe, invite the neighborhood too.  Very B&O, Hope they do well with it in this anti-rich global world we live in. Still looking forward to some of B&O's new future products for rest of us.

• 03-26-2009 10:59 AM In reply to

johnnielse:

Still can't see it Huh?

try refreshing the page.  It's definitley there....  anyone else having probs seeing it?

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 03-26-2009 11:04 AM In reply to

Yes. rayfenwick.dnsalias.org resolves to 192.168.0.3, which is probably an internal IP address for your server behind a NAT of some sort - in any case, unreachable from the outside world...

-mika

• 03-27-2009 12:24 AM In reply to

tournedos:

Yes. rayfenwick.dnsalias.org resolves to 192.168.0.3, which is probably an internal IP address for your server behind a NAT of some sort - in any case, unreachable from the outside world...

Ahem..  The router got confused and put my 2nd router inside the NAT and not in the DMZ.  Should be working now..

Thanks for telling me...  it all looked fine from inside, so i had no reason to suspect it had cocked up.. 

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 03-27-2009 3:04 AM In reply to

• Luke
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-03-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 286
    • Bronze Member

It still doesn't work for me :-(

• 03-27-2009 12:59 PM In reply to

something is definitely odd..  the URL resolves to my external IP....  my fiancee in Russia has no problem seeing it....

very strange....

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 03-27-2009 5:25 PM In reply to

• Luke
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-03-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 286
    • Bronze Member

Ok it's working now !

• 03-27-2009 5:56 PM In reply to

thank goodness for that!

Big, isn't it? :)

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 03-27-2009 6:02 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Bear in mind this isn't intended as an 'every dealer should sell two a year' thing, it's a statement product, similar to say, the Bugatti Veyron...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 03-28-2009 3:49 AM In reply to

so bno's mesage is ; here's a £100k out of date tv that weighs as much as a small elephant and is aboot as moveable that you could probably outperform with £5k's worth of projector and screen that just rolls up out of the way all inconspicuously like when the taxman comes round

i'm surprised it's not gold plated too

popgear is grate™

• 03-28-2009 4:07 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

well enjoy focussing on every possible negative of the concept, then sure! It's a cool product, a screen that rolls up out of the way is simply that, only B&O would make a huge screen as awestriking, individual and beautiful as this.

If i had the space and the dosh, i'd dive in head first and obtain one, i think it's utterly brilliant.

• 03-28-2009 5:52 AM In reply to

• Pushkin
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • London
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

I think it is fantastic too - B&O magic.  Really hope b&o bring out a 65" version - would then be really tempted 

• 03-28-2009 6:14 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

I'll never come even close to owning one but, in the interests of debate, what is the point of the stand lifting it 18" to watch and then lowering to the floor again when off, or am I missing something?

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 03-28-2009 7:16 AM In reply to

• Pushkin
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • London
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

One of my all time most loved products, the BS9000, could have done the same job designed as one of those horrible multi-cd players popular in the 80s.  The beauty for me of the this product was the fusing of amazing mechanics with the design - I think the BV4-103 captures at least a little of this - if I was lucky enough to own one I think I would spend a fair bit of time just switching it on and off.  

• 03-28-2009 7:56 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

...........and that is really my point! The BS9000's exposed functionality is beautiful to look at - but It is functional, the movement isn't gratuitous. Other automation is similar....... the doors of the Ouverture, the measurement mic of the BL5's, the rotating stands of other TV's to suit your seating position etc. etc. They add something.

I don't see that in the BV103 stand.

• 03-28-2009 8:20 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Puncher:

...........and that is really my point! The BS9000's exposed functionality is beautiful to look at - but It is functional, the movement isn't gratuitous. Other automation is similar....... the doors of the Ouverture, the measurement mic of the BL5's, the rotating stands of other TV's to suit your seating position etc. etc. They add something.

I certainly do! The glass doors on an ouverture are pointless from a function point of view - But they make it MAGIC to use and own. I foresee this being used in smaller screens, which is great. I think that once you see this screen in person, doing it's thing, you'll 'get it'.

• 03-28-2009 8:41 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Dave:

Puncher:

I certainly do! The glass doors on an ouverture are pointless from a function point of view - But they make it MAGIC to use and own. I foresee this being used in smaller screens, which is great. I think that once you see this screen in person, doing it's thing, you'll 'get it'.

The glass doors on an Ouverture need to be opened - why not automatically! I'm pleased you "get" the rising stand.

• 03-28-2009 9:00 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

The stand needs to rise in order for the speaker to be used!!

• 03-28-2009 9:10 AM In reply to

I agree that there is something intangible about the automation of B and O products. There is something magical about watching a BV7 turn on, turn and tilt into position, and the DVD tray open. The doors opening on a Beosound or Beocenter 2, the antenna rising on the Beosound 1, speakers rising out of the dashboard of an Audi A8, they all add nothing to the actual performance of the product, with the exception of a Beovision tunring to a better viewing position. I think I read in here somewhere that a new set of speakers will be released in which the acoustic lens rises out of the top of the speaker when they are turned on. If I could afford a BV4 103 and had the proper room for it, I would be eagerly looking forward to seeing it perform and seeing a screen that size moving. I have our BV7 set to tilt backwards as far as it will when turned off and then tilt to vertical when it turns on just so I can see the "magic" of it every time I turn it on. 

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

Page 2 of 3 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >