in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-26-2009 5:10 AM by johnnielse. 69 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-28-2009 9:28 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Re: 103-inch BeoVision 4 introduced - with cool video

Dave:

The stand needs to rise in order for the speaker to be used!!

LaughingYes -  thumbs up OK - why does it need to fall then? - it's certainly a very expensive speaker guardLaughing

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 03-28-2009 9:36 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

It makes it much less imposing, keeps it as neat and compact as possible - so simple yet genius

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 03-28-2009 9:41 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Dave:

It makes it much less imposing, keeps it as neat and compact as possible - so simple yet genius

I see.

If you need it higher or in portrait mode there's always this!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 03-28-2009 10:53 AM In reply to

• Pushkin
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • London
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

I think the stand turns what could be an ugly industrial panel into something quite intriguing.  I was convinced that I would hate the bv4-103 and had a lukewarm reaction when I saw the first photo - when I saw it in action I now understand and would really love one if all the constraints attached to normal people were taken away.  As I said earlier, if there was a scaled down version for a 65" panel I would go for it.

• 03-28-2009 6:37 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Puncher:

Dave:

I see.

If you need it higher or in portrait mode there's always this!

Maybe! Laughing

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 03-30-2009 7:37 AM In reply to

• Luke
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-03-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 286
    • Bronze Member

I agree. They only made it move for the sake of it. It could really just stay in the upper position. I like the look of that speaker.

Mebbe they could make it move faster and dance to music or something ?? hehe

Who wants a Sony Rolly when you can have a dancing B&O TV.

• 04-04-2009 3:43 AM In reply to

Hey, have anyone seen this yet?

I’m still trying to figure out where it is exhibited.

• 04-04-2009 7:34 AM In reply to

So who will be the 1st Beoworld member to buy that screen ? lllooolll

• 04-04-2009 9:33 AM In reply to

• Luke
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-03-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 286
    • Bronze Member

Beottaku:

So who will be the 1st Beoworld member to buy that screen ? lllooolll

I dunno..... but just the depreciation on that thing could buy me enough B&O to be happy for quite some time.

• 04-04-2009 10:07 AM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

johnnielse:

Hey, have anyone seen this yet?

I’m still trying to figure out where it is exhibited.

In the Netherlands there is 1 Mercedes dealership that has a BV4-103

• 04-06-2009 6:29 PM In reply to

• Dking63
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-09-2008
    • York, PA USA
    • Posts 27
    • Gold Member

The more I read the posts, the more this TV bothers me. Yes, I agree it's cool and fur-sure expensive. I am perplexed though as to why B&O would put so much effort into and ultra-extreme product that maybe a handful of folks can afford when they could put that energy into products that maybe would be just as cool, new product, that could create some additional excitement for the middle market that could produce some profits and more general success around the globe. I just think with the economy they need to stratigies the product line alittle. They must be making a heck of a profit on the thing realitive to the units they will move. I don't know am I making any sence????

Dave

• 04-07-2009 3:08 AM In reply to

As I said in another thread, I don't believe it took that much effort anyway. Most of it is the same as in smaller TVs - the panel was made by somebody else anyway, maybe the power supply as well - and the rest is relatively simple mechanics, just in a large scale.

And the real value of the product is not how much it sells, but the PR value which is probably priceless. Anything smaller, no matter how good, would've made the general-non-B&O-believer public just yawn. I don't think B&O ever expected this product to produce direct profits.

-mika

• 04-09-2009 9:12 AM In reply to

• Dking63
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-09-2008
    • York, PA USA
    • Posts 27
    • Gold Member

In that case GO B&O !!!!!

• 06-11-2009 1:15 PM In reply to

It's now officially available in the US and the price tag is a lot lower than in EU.

Read more here: http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1244740125

• 06-11-2009 3:03 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

That's a hell of a difference in price, between continents. Bizarre - you could buy it from the local store in Denmark for more than it costs from America. I would love to know how they ship that to the States and the shipping costs involved. Which makes the difference in price even more confusing.

• 06-11-2009 3:07 PM In reply to

tournedos:

As I said in another thread, I don't believe it took that much effort anyway. Most of it is the same as in smaller TVs - the panel was made by somebody else anyway, maybe the power supply as well - and the rest is relatively simple mechanics, just in a large scale.

And the real value of the product is not how much it sells, but the PR value which is probably priceless. Anything smaller, no matter how good, would've made the general-non-B&O-believer public just yawn. I don't think B&O ever expected this product to produce direct profits.

If I might add a note.

This TV will only be build to order. So it's basicly a custom build tv set. As with all custom build products the pricetag is (a lot) higher then normal production sets... and the profit margin is also a lot higher. I think B&O did a very P&L (profit and loss) calculation before even starting the build the first set!!! So in my very humble opinion... it will generate direct profit and probably (in percentage) way more then the other TV sets.

Karel.

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 06-11-2009 3:07 PM In reply to

The US price posted never contains sales tax, that alone accounts for 20%. For the rest, part of it comes from currency fluctuations. Lastly, the price for BV4s in Europe sometimes includes a BS3 while in US thats priced separately.

That said, I don't know what B&O uses to figure out the prices in different countries, but over time I found big differences before.

Cheers

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 06-11-2009 6:26 PM In reply to

20%?  I guess you don't live in the US. Chicago has the highest rate in the country and it's "only" 10.25%. In most places it's between 6-8%.

Some people are debating about the merits of the rising screen. Here's another reason! I have my TV against a window and height of the TV blocks some of the view. With a screen that drops to the floor when not in use, windows/pictures/bookcases etc. behind the TV would not be blocked as much. Big Smile I LOVE high design that also serves a functional purpose, and this seems to be one of them. Hope the concept filters down to the smaller TV's.

Leo

BV 10-40, BV 8-32, BL 9, BL 4, CX100, BS Ouverture, BS 2000, BG 4500, Passive, LC 1, A 9

• 06-11-2009 8:01 PM In reply to

around 20% is the going rate in europe

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 06-26-2009 5:10 AM In reply to

Anyone have IRL pictures of the TV?

Page 3 of 3 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3